of     1   

CreativeMystery
#191286182Thursday, June 16, 2016 3:31 AM GMT

For how long ago the blood forgotten to sand had been spilt is long forgotten. Piracy has been part of this world as long as any scripture shows. Any temple in Shangua or library in United Garaway would tell ya' the same. Piracy has always been the same; the strong take what they need and go on to take what they want. When they're no longer strong, they're replaced. That's not just piracy y'know, life is like that too. You either supply the crew with what they long or you'll be dead before ya' know it. Maybe forty years back or so is when Edwin Reivirs took over Garaway, Garaway being the biggest oasis on this rock. He united Garaway with some outer towns and forged United Garaway, this being the second biggest nation only beaten by Shangua. Now Shangua is where a lot of bilgerats grow their land legs. A much larger nation, a bit grittier though; a true pirate's paradise. The current sultan is a snake named Ra'ees the Great, great is a generous term. The two nations are least to be a doubled week apart but still battle over sands neither want. The seas of sand are broken apart only by the two major oases, not mentioning the little watering holes scatteredd about. "Shangua" (the town is named after it, ought to know.) Then there is "Reivirs' Life Supply" (named after that moron who owns Garaway.) Garaway is known as a democratic land and Shangua is a bit of theocracy (ruled by gods of course.) They're both corrupt though, it's as visible as the sand. That's what makes us do what we do, it's why we steal what we steal. We all wanna live like kings but only those with strength do anything about it. It's the captains who really earn their place in this world. They don't inherit their power like Ra'ees or lie for it like Reivirs, they work for it. They use their strength for it. They want power so they take it, like men..Not rats. - As I said, if ya' were listenin', there are two nations, with some outlying islands. I've yet to see an island live without an oasis. The seas of sand break up all these lands for one another. Without our ships these deserts would be even more of a hell. They can be crossed by caravan but it's dangerous and rarely yields positive results... but the airships get the job done. By airship it takes a doubled week, fourteen days or so to cross the sands. The older ships are run by old runes, voodoo rocks I call em', they're some ancient magic stones only found in Shangua. The more powerful the magic, the longer and more powerful the supply, once it's used up it's rubbish though. Newer ships run on the good stuff, coal. Coal is faster than those voodoo rocks but it's damned expensive and ya' blow it mighty fast. Truthfully, either is a better option than dying in the sand though. The sand is bad enough, fighting off the sun's heat or the moon's bite isn't an easy task but the creatures down there... - There's the lil' critters like jacks ((rabbits)) and lizards, but then there are the biters ((imagine a shark that swims through sand.)) that'll tear ya' to fine pieces. There are drakes, big ol' lizards that can spray this acid from their mouths. That stuff'll melt just about anything. Giant snakes and scorpions. And one can't forget Fluffy. Fluffy is this big ol' monster that no sailor has ever got a good report on to this very day. One second the sand is still and the next the world is damn near upside down. - 1. Pirates follow rules, it's called a code of conduct. 2. This roleplay's code of conduct is easy. If I say stop, stop. - (You can have a maximum of six characters, do everyone a favor and keep track of them.) - NOTE: Shangua is the equivalent to the Middle East and Garaway is a British/Irish fusion. NOTE: Most characters will be narrowed to civilians, pirates, Navy, and the creatures. Remember that. YOU CAN BE A CREATURE. Name? - Gender and Age? - Appearance? - Crew? (Crew minimum is five.) - Position? (Captain, cannoneer, etc.) - Backstory? (Make it good. First person.)
Precisonfire23
#191287645Thursday, June 16, 2016 4:01 AM GMT

I'll make a character sheet tomorrow.
CreativeMystery
#191318867Thursday, June 16, 2016 6:35 PM GMT

(Syphilis)
CreativeMystery
#191351786Friday, June 17, 2016 2:39 AM GMT

(Herpes)
Precisonfire23
#191355968Friday, June 17, 2016 3:45 AM GMT

Name? -Lindell Nightshade Gender and Age? -I'm a male sah, and 'irty-two of age. Appearance? -Lindell's attire is usually based about functionality and fashion at the cost of comfort. Most of the time, he wears a black bicorn hat with a Ströljavík Ribbon* parked near the front. Other than that, he took some light blue cloth that he bought from a vendor and painted stars on it, he calls it his "Sorc'er Bandana". Lindell posses some light gray eyes with acute facial features. Although, a numerous amount of people will and have commented on the size of his nose. Those people who do often won't speak again. He wears a coat over his hide shirt and breeches. He wears a sash over his left shoulder, and wears standard buckle-up boots. Crew? (Crew minimum is five.) -Two, including Lindell. Position? (Captain, cannoneer, etc.) -Captain Backstory? (Make it good. First person.) Oi, I was born into a family of poor. My fat'er was a miner for the new ership engines being made for the newer ships. Me mum worked as a nurse in the local pub. She'd patch up pirates who came through and often had affairs with many of them.When I was 'elve, my pa found out about me mum's affairs. This drove him completely mad. Pa and mum divorced, but my pa tracked down me mum and killed her. Now from Shallow Landing to Larnwick. I was forced tae move towns after me mum's death. The Orphanage came and got me in a small hot air balloon. During my time at the orphanage, I met someone who'd I become lifelong mates with. Her name is Leola. Sh' was bern right herr in 'Arnwick. She was the psycho lot. Sh' did many a things to get her in trouble. S'pecially when Miz Rosanna came to learn us. Buh eva since Larnwick got sacked by the Smudgehill Gang, me an' Leola 'ave always wanted tae be pirates. Savages of the sea. We was privateers for a small colony on the sands before tae monstuhs came and ate 'em up. We took their loot and we found a cove deep in the sands. We call it da Globe. We have plenny guns, swords, and booty there. Oo'ever'd find da Globe would be a happy pirate and could probably buy 'nuff rum to quench an army's thirst. But now I roam the seas with Leola. Sumtimes we pick up a fellow into our crew, but they all die or just wait until we get a good haul and then desert. Although, Leola's aunt, Mistress Zoe the Seer has invited us to her flat in Garaway. So we're on our way der. Das my life story.
CreativeMystery
#191430411Saturday, June 18, 2016 4:26 AM GMT

(Accepted. Well done. Garaway born I take it?) (My character will be made soon.)
Precisonfire23
#191440231Saturday, June 18, 2016 8:04 AM GMT

I thought up Shallow Landing as a more of a haven off on an outlying island of Garaway. But yeah, I guess you could say he's Garaway-born.
CreativeMystery
#191472784Saturday, June 18, 2016 8:08 PM GMT

(Sounds good.) Name? Navy Privateer Admiral Aron Marsh Gender and Age? Twenty Six Appearance? Stands with an average height and a powerful build, the man has dark blue eyes and messy brown hair tied back into a rat's tail. His skin is tanned to a deep brown. He is commonly seen wearing a bright red jacket of the Navy, it has golden tassels and buttons. He wears black pants that are easily maneuverable and wears black polished boots. He carries a flintlock and a machete on him. Crew? (Crew minimum is five.) Six remaining men aboard the Admiral's Lullaby. Marcus Marsh; the scrawny canonner and sniper. Brother of the captain. Reilly Hannigan; an original member of the Captain's Lullaby. Chef. Francis Prite; an original member of the Captain's Lullaby. Swordsman. Taj Bazzi; an original member of the Captain's Lullaby; swordsman and cabin boy. Hanna Gordon; Navy crew. Sniper. James Gordon II; Navy crew. Cabin boy and chef's assistant. Position? (Captain, cannoneer, etc.) Captain/Admiral Backstory? (Make it good. First person.) o'I was born in the heart of Garaway; tha' capital. My brothers and o'I were always causing mischief an' soon enough we were old enough to move about tha' nation. It was when o'I was about eighteen when my older brother, Dytto, told me 'e and 'is friends were gonna be startin' a crew of thieves. o'I joined too but my younger brother, Marcus, was left out for tha' time being. It was when Marcus was eighteen when we took to tha' seas instead of tha' streets. Dytto got 'is 'ands on a nice ship, Captain's Remorse 'e called it. We sailed for many years, maybe a decade or so. We were all happy, no mutiny; just adventure. We lost a ship or two, but it was nice. Then tha' damn navy swept in and crashed us. Turned out Dytto had quite a bounty on 'is 'ead, so did our second-in-command, Fourstar. Tha' navy shot down a good lot of our men and 'ad Dytto in rope, before they pushed 'im they offered a proposal. If 'e became a navy privateer admiral they wouldn't hang 'im. 'E declined with a sneer on 'is face, which to this day makes me smile. 'E went down a pirate. 'E went down an 'ero. ...So, did Fourstar, and Briggs, and Gregory...Then it was o'I who was in command. They offered me the spot, like all those before me and my younger brother looked at me with a smile, he knew oI'd die an 'ero like my brother an' tha' others. 'E was wrong. oI've been an admiral for a good chunk of years now, we 'av damned navy crew on my brother's ship. 'Ad to rename the thing from Captain's Lullaby to Admiral's. My brother doesn't even look at me anymore. Neither does tha' rest of my brother's old crew. Only the cabin boy respects me and that's because o'I saved 'is live. We lost six of our old men, and eight of the navy men and women in a recent skirmish and are now planned to dock on Garaway for more Navy recruits...
CreativeMystery
#191504524Sunday, June 19, 2016 3:54 AM GMT

(Measles.)
Precisonfire23
#191810855Thursday, June 23, 2016 2:00 AM GMT

I don't want this to die. (Bump)
xenoman90
#191814917Thursday, June 23, 2016 2:56 AM GMT

if no one is gonna join i'll might hop in be a Moby Shark or one of those serpents might even think of a sand kraken
CreativeMystery
#191823216Thursday, June 23, 2016 5:07 AM GMT

(Fluffy is essentially the Kraken. But you can make a separate one.) (If we can get one more active person we can start a thread.)
xenoman90
#191824473Thursday, June 23, 2016 5:31 AM GMT

(I highly suspected the kraken was Gabriel Iglasias.) (The sand kraken was sort of a half-joke, but now I'm interested in making a "Son of Fluffy" sort of creature. Or perhaps some devouring monstrosity that gains a slight resemblance to what it ate. I'll wait until one more person.)

of     1