of     1   

Ithesportsbomb
#191928948Friday, June 24, 2016 5:33 PM GMT

QUALIFICATION 1. 8+ wins overall 2. over .500 in conference play 3. Each conference gets one representitive with under 8 wins to play a bowl game, plus the next top 4 p5 teams that have under 8 wins and arent a top "wild card". also, fcs wins dont count 6-6 will no longer cut it. this system does the following: 1. eliminates mediocrity being rewarded 2. places added importance onto each and every game (Need more wins) 3. eliminates crap games between fbs powers and fcs unknowns 4. Qualification number 3 adds significance to conference games late in the year between non-conference title contenders. It also makes strength of schedule more important to mere bowl teams looking for a wild card berth. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ PLAYOFFS/BOWLS Expand playoff field to 8 teams. This makes sure every elite team hs a chance. PLAYOFF/BOWL Ranking system: 11 wins in the MAC = 8 wins in the SEC. This is how matchups will be determined. Exhaust all top level g5 teams (Say teams with 10+ wins). These teams will go up against p5 teams based on the ratio system. All g5 teams that aren't top-knotch can only face other g5 teams.
TheWdonald61
#191929129Friday, June 24, 2016 5:36 PM GMT

Good points but FCS vs FBS will never go away, it's all about the money.
Ithesportsbomb
#191929545Friday, June 24, 2016 5:41 PM GMT

This system also eliminates crap games between g5 and p5 teams because: 1. Strength of schedule determines fate of wild card bowl teams 2. G5 teams that need 8 wins can't afford to schedule Alabama
Ithesportsbomb
#191937910Friday, June 24, 2016 7:24 PM GMT

Bump
drbat
#191938594Friday, June 24, 2016 7:34 PM GMT

What you don't understand is that some of these FBS vs FCS games help keep FCS teams alive with the money they get from it. Austin Peay a couple years back played 2 FBS teams and got 1 million dollars in return. Austin Peay isn't a big college. This money really helps them give scholarships to players and improve the facilities. Austin Peay had been improving their field when they found a sinkhole that could have ended up collapsing if they never found it. It was literally in the endzone. I disagree that FCS vs FBS should be gotten rid of.
Ithesportsbomb
#191938893Friday, June 24, 2016 7:38 PM GMT

I understand that the game raise money for fcs programs, but overall the gamea are trash and essentially pointless. Surely there's other way for fcs teams to get money.
TheWdonald61
#191939024Friday, June 24, 2016 7:40 PM GMT

"I understand that the game raise money for fcs programs, but overall the gamea are trash and essentially pointless. Surely there's other way for fcs teams to get money." Honestly I wouldn't mind taking a September ass beating for a couple of million. lol
drbat
#191939448Friday, June 24, 2016 7:45 PM GMT

"I understand that the game raise money for fcs programs, but overall the gamea are trash and essentially pointless. Surely there's other way for fcs teams to get money." If it isn't a state institution (which probably at least 3/4 of the FCS isn't) they have to rely on fundraisers and donations from boosters or other alumni. A lot of these programs already don't have a lot of money. These games give them a way to grow their program through better players and better facilities. It is also used for teams to practice a real game situation. Most teams probably go 75% when facing FCS teams and it allows players to get more in game reps. In practice you play against your defense or offense. In a game you play against someone else's defense or offense. You don't have to worry about injuring the other person because he's not on your team.
perrandude
#191942775Friday, June 24, 2016 8:25 PM GMT

"1. eliminates mediocrity being rewarded" Lol not every athlete is good enough at 'ball to play at Texas, Ohio State, Alabama, LSU, or USC dude... Leave the bowl games at 6 wins to qualify, but we don't need 40 damn bowl games, 36 is fine
Ithesportsbomb
#191942958Friday, June 24, 2016 8:27 PM GMT

"Lol not every athlete is good enough at 'ball to play at Texas, Ohio State, Alabama, LSU, or USC dude..." i know which is why another way to qualify is to finish over .500 in your conference.
Ithesportsbomb
#191943108Friday, June 24, 2016 8:29 PM GMT

CHANGE TO QUALIFICATION 2: FINISH OVER .500 IN CONFERENCE PLAY (WITH A .500 OR BETTER NON-CONFERENCE RECORD FOR G5 TEAMS)

of     1