chevron_leftchevron_leftchevron_left
    of     4   

Guan_Yin
#193068620Thursday, July 07, 2016 10:54 PM GMT

Changed my mind. Sorry.
LNG257
#193091329Friday, July 08, 2016 4:06 AM GMT

ahue, no. too goody-goody for my chars. I wish you luck with this RP, though.
engelRuse
#193101523Friday, July 08, 2016 6:34 AM GMT

But lng if u join u might see people's heads fused into walls
lien587
#193123585Friday, July 08, 2016 3:48 PM GMT

LNG, go to the second page of this threads and see how I described the theme.
Tailsdahfox136
#193145134Friday, July 08, 2016 8:28 PM GMT

Just trying to find my Corvo CS from a different RP. The things you ask for in your CS are almost identical.
Tailsdahfox136
#193150263Friday, July 08, 2016 9:30 PM GMT

Name: Corvo Attano Age: 39 Alias: Lord Protector, Corvo Powers/Abilities: Blink: Teleport forward and a shorter distance upward. Bend Time: Freeze time (can pluck fired projectiles out of midair), that lasts about eight second Devouring Swarm: Summon a horde of plague rats that attack and devour their foe. Windblast: Blast back groups of foes lethally, break doors, blast bolts back at foes Darkvision: See living/dead/unconscious persons/animals, their sight cones, and Corvo's sounds, along with the ability to spot machines and other useful items. Possesion: Can possess People and Animals for a short duration of time. Costume: He wears a long officers trenchcoat, along with dark trousers and knee high boots. He wears a threatening looking skull mask that protects him from plague and gases. Corvo is also an extraordinarily good swordsman, and is great at climbing. Residence: No where. Bio: Corvo was born in Karnaca on the 25th day of the Month of Nets, 1798, Corvo originally hails from the island of Serkonos and is the first Royal Protector born outside of Gristol. At age 16 he won the Blade Verbena, an annual sword duel festival, which earned him an early officer ranking. After serving in Serkonos for two years, Corvo was "assigned to serve the Empress as a diplomatic gesture" after impressing the Duke of Serkonos, but the specifics of this assignment are unknown. He was later chosen to serve as Royal Protector to Jessamine Kaldwin, granting him a higher social status. He is described as being mysterious and quiet, with Wallace Higgins and Treavor Pendleton claiming that despite his high social standing, those at court know little about him. Corvo and Jessamine became lovers in 1823, a relationship which they kept secret. However, their closeness did not go unnoticed by the general public, and rumors to that effect circulated throughout Dunwall. While several people (including Lydia, Treavor Pendleton, and Anton Sokolov) mention the affair to Corvo, it is never publicly acknowledged. Jessamine is killed by an assassin named Daud under the orders of her Spy-Master. Corvo has a strong bond with Emily and often interacts with her in a familiar and affectionate manner. For instance, she asks him to play hide-and-seek with her on his return to Dunwall, which he can oblige, and she notes that he was teaching her climbing and defensive techniques prior to his trip around the isles. Corvo will also occasionally hug Emily or hold her hand, further displaying their closeness. Farley Havelock speculates in his journal that Emily may be Corvo's daughter. Emily's behavior toward Corvo suggests that she sees him as a father figure, and he is really her father. [Imagine that conversation, "Emily, I am your father." *breaths heavily*] Following his escape from Coldridge Prison with the help of the Loyalists, Corvo readily joins their group. He went on a mass murdering spree, killing those who had wronged him and those who had been so unlucky to be stationed to guard them. He was then betrayed, and thrown into a vile place known as the flooded district, where he carved his way through Daud and surprisingly enough, spares Dauds life. He kills the rest of the loyalists and saves Emily. Months after the fact, the Outsider calls to him, the being that gave him his supernatural powers, and he is thrown into this world of grim-darkness for the Outsiders "entertainment". Personality: Not afraid to use lethal methods, Corvo was a brutal and unhinged assassin when he was betrayed, mostly due to lack of sleep, the fact his empress had been killed and his daughter kidnapped. While he has mellowed out the months following, he still will use lethal methods on those who mean harm to him or those he cares about. Apart from that he has a strong honour complex, and due to his expieriences will not allow evil actions to go unpunished to the highest degree. Physical appearance: Caucasian, Corvo has a five o clock shadow and long hair that comes down to about his chin.
LNG257
#193156221Friday, July 08, 2016 10:56 PM GMT

Dark theme, yes, dark characters, sure, but in the end it is still heroics. My character is, quite simply, just out for himself, and getting revenge on his creators. He couldn't care less about who's in charge of america, so long as they stay out of his way. The best way he might be persuaded to join in on the freedom fight would be if someone important to his own personal quest were out of his reach, and joining up with the heroes was the best way to get to them. I'm also seeing that the currently accepted characters have some... pretty interesting personalities. English Bill is heartless, Tanner is a loner, and Artie is a compulsive, misunderstood attention-seeker. Not exactly hero-like, which probably makes them even more incompatible with my char, who is not only heartless and a loner, but also obsessive and has hints of a superiority complex. Corvo up there would be even worse, with the honor complex versus the willingness, ability, and sometimes just plain "because I can" part of my char to kill anyone for any reason. Straight "good for goodness' sake" heroes would be annoyed with my char, and he would be annoyed in kind, but evil-ish chars are going to get on my char's nerves most likely. Eh. I guess if he gets the proper incentive, my char would grudgingly do some dirty work to get at the information he wants. But keep in mind, with the nature of his abilities, unwillingness to share information is no obstacle, and he would have to be unable to make any sort of contact with the information-giver to keep going. Or better yet, if one of the "main villains" they need to beat has the information he wants, he might join forces if he thinks that going in solo would be a little bit too much for him on his own, and be quite enthusiastic about going after the enemy. If you can give me some details on how it would work out best for you, I guess I could consider joining and working it into my CS. No promises tho, I still have my reputation for laziness.
LNG257
#193156438Friday, July 08, 2016 10:59 PM GMT

I had not read the IC thread. I just read the first few posts of it, and several questions I had are now answered.
lien587
#193156534Friday, July 08, 2016 11:00 PM GMT

what if what your char needs can be found in Gotham but the Jokerz have it? What if the Question has something he wants? Does he want money a certain object, a person?
engelRuse
#193157641Friday, July 08, 2016 11:17 PM GMT

compulsive misunderstood attention-seeker. yes.
lien587
#193158108Friday, July 08, 2016 11:23 PM GMT

That's BPD for ya.
LNG257
#193158294Friday, July 08, 2016 11:26 PM GMT

He's following a trail of clues and picking up information along the way. Usually it's a trail of people, sometimes an object related to his origins. For example, he gets information from W that X knows where Y is hiding, and Y knows where Z is and also knows that Z has relevant information to his past. Or, a lot more often, A knows B, who hired C, a person relevant to his past, but doesn't know where B or C is. However, A's assistant, D, sometimes handles messages from B, which would have a location attached, or at least some way to track down the origin of the message. So my char goes to B's location, and learns that C is in a secret bunker, heavily protected and knowledge of its location split up between E, F, and G. So then he does one of those two processes over again to find E, F, and G individually, and when he finally learns the location where C is, he goes there and wrecks the place and its guards hunting for C. At that point, he can find C, but it's possible that C has escaped in the chaos or that C was replaced with H, because the baddies knew my char was coming. So then he goes hunting again for the whereabouts of C. The information he's searching for is all connected in some way. The organization, former co-workers, secret files given to a boss or manager of something relevant, etc. So my char will have a pile of unfollowed leads that he can go back to when the one he was tracking down turns sour, or if he finishes the lead and gets the information he wants. All of this is to piece together his own story, to find out exactly what they did to him and what he did afterwards, and to get revenge on the people who did it to him. He remembers everything after his escape, but remembers nothing of his time presumably in captivity, and his own knowledge of his past before that is spotty and faded. If I adapt his bio directly, it's going to be in the form of recovered documents and records pertaining to my character and what he's done over the course of his life.
engelRuse
#193158444Friday, July 08, 2016 11:28 PM GMT

ok u know what. that is not TOTALLY bpd. ther eis also a lot of crying and destroying... things... which. ok, yeah thats bpd.
LNG257
#193159572Friday, July 08, 2016 11:44 PM GMT

side effects of my character's powers are that he becomes a sociopath/psychopath. complete lack of regard for life, zero empathy or compassion, disgust for what he perceives as weakness and a relatively small sense that he *must* be the best at all things, outperforming all others. so he seeks to beat those he thinks are stronger and kill those he thinks are weaker. also a dash of obsessiveness in there, because of his unrelenting quest to find out what the heck he became. tho its not like there's anything else he's interested in doing. the people of the world, with the exception of special ones such as superheroes/villains, are insignificant little bugs that he doesn't need to, and doesn't have the time to, squash.
engelRuse
#193165598Saturday, July 09, 2016 1:13 AM GMT

pls join
LNG257
#193167048Saturday, July 09, 2016 1:34 AM GMT

okay but stuff is complicated so its complicated to join
engelRuse
#193167182Saturday, July 09, 2016 1:36 AM GMT

ok.
LNG257
#193174707Saturday, July 09, 2016 3:18 AM GMT

>GM-controlled combat system Oh dear.
engelRuse
#193176764Saturday, July 09, 2016 3:47 AM GMT

u said ok.
LNG257
#193188606Saturday, July 09, 2016 6:40 AM GMT

why r u so hardcore about getting me in this rp?
engelRuse
#193211436Saturday, July 09, 2016 4:26 PM GMT

i dont even remember u idk u seem fun & i like the chara rambles pls

chevron_leftchevron_leftchevron_left
    of     4