cybersquat
#193489401Tuesday, July 12, 2016 9:46 PM GMT

"A big school change would include: changing the school schedule and moving test dates." That's exactly what student council does not decide. "Ok, so users and citizens have differences. I'll admit that, but that doesn't mean I'm done with this idea." You basically admitted that the base of your idea is flawed. That means it's time to let go. "I put a lot of thought and logic into this before I released this thread to the S&I." I cannot verify the accuracy of that statement. "Roblox is more like family. Roblox is more than a game." If you think whiny 10-year-olds and hackers are family, then I guess this is as close you can get. Roblox is not "more than a game." Roblox is a game. Period. "some people would say yes." And how exactly would you guarantee that? You can't tell me that every single proposal will result in a split decision." "if 3/4 or more of the Roblox Staff say the opposite of what the Roblox Decision Team says, then the Roblox Decision Team's vote can be overridden. This way the Roblox Staff remains powerful." I think the Roblox staff would rather maintain their supreme power in the first place rather than distribute it to 20 random people and fight to take it back. That's just bound to create conflict. "Actually, when you sign up to be younger than 13, you can't change your age. If you logged in with an age 13+, then you can change your age. And remember, immature people get kicked from the Roblox Decision Team." I don't know where you got that from. You can easily add your own email address as a "parent email" and take advantage of the birthday-changing feature. "Well if you're talking about THIS Roblox Democracy Idea, then no. Again, I only found one other guy that written a similar idea on S&I, but it was written years ago. If you're taking about all the ideas on the world, then no." You're out of your mind if you think you're the only one in the entire Roblox user base that has ever had the slightest thought of such an idea. "You know what, I do wanna listen to people's opinions. People can keep giving me their opinions." Will you make up your mind? One minute you say you'll keep this thread up despite other people's valid arguments and another minute you tell everyone to continue giving you their opinions. "Ownership of an item does not always mean you know the location of an item. I'll try to find it but no guarantees. I'll reply once I find the post." Ownership of an item means people don't want to look for stuff in your item. They don't care. If you want to make the point, you can find it yourself. "But I can't return it!" Moral: check return policies before crying over an oversized t-shirt "No, that's not what they say." That is what they say. And that's why stores have fitting rooms and return policies. That was the worst analogy I've seen in months. "Done yet? Or are you going to haunt me again?" The fact that you refer to me stating my opinions as "haunting" you really shows me a lot about yourself. Do you want other people's input or not? If not, stop replying to this thread, repost it, and lock it. "Haven't seen any negative posts on a while. I guess now people are thinking this is a good idea." Quite the contrary. The fact that you haven't received any responses from newcomers is because they don't think your idea is good. How much more blunt can I be?
FollowTheLOL
#193489635Tuesday, July 12, 2016 9:50 PM GMT

Well, look who's here again! Expect a reply.
fbiagentabc
#193489647Tuesday, July 12, 2016 9:50 PM GMT

Support. Then roblox wouldnt be able to say users asked for bad updates. But i only support for people wh are veterans and are active. Some people could create alts to vote.
FollowTheLOL
#193491351Tuesday, July 12, 2016 10:12 PM GMT

"That's exactly what the student council does not decide." Where I come from, they make big changes that affect all students. It doesn't have to be moving test dates, it can be another big change. "You basically admitted that this idea is flawed. It's time to let this idea go." No, thanks. I'll keep trying. There's a something I use called determination. "If you think 10 year olds and hackers are family, then this is the closest you can get. Roblox is not "more than a game." Roblox is a game. Period. Saying "period" will not end the argument. Not that that's relevant, but anyway, Roblox has more than just games. If Roblox was JUST a game, it wouldn't have a catalog, forum, or groups. If it was just a game, friend requests might not even exist. "And how exactly do you guarantee that? You can't tell me that every single proposal will result in a split decision." Roblox might suggest some good updates. "I think the Roblox staff would rather maintain their supreme power in the first place rather than to distribute it to 20 random people and fight to take it back." I'm pretty sure that in Roblox HQ, not every decision is agreed. Where did you get the word "random" in "20 random people"? They're not random, they're elected. When the Roblox Decision Team decides, the Roblox Staff has time to think about the update. Not that the 3/4 Roblox Staff vote has to be put into effect, because with every update they make, they know it's good, but if it doesn't satisfy their customers, it doesn't have to happen. "I don't know where you got that from. You can easily add your own email address as a "parent email" and take advantage of the birthday changing feature." I said immature people would be kicked from the team. Did you read that part? "You're out of your mind if you think you're the only one in the entire Roblox user base that has ever had the slightest thought of such an idea." I actually looked up on the Roblox Forums if there were similar ideas. I just continued with the topic. "Will you make up your mind?" OK OK! Fine. People can reply to this thread! That's my final decision! "Moral: check return policies before crying over an oversized t-shirt" That's not the point. The point is a customer can tell the employees what to do, like return a shirt. "That is what they say. And that's why stores have fitting rooms and return policies." Wow, I don't know what stores you've been, but a store would be weird if a customer admitted that they had no right to tell what the company had to do. Also, fitting rooms and return policies are irrelevant to the topic of Roblox Democracy. "The fact that you haven't received responses from newcomers is because they don't think your idea is good." I said that if there were any more flaws anyone would like to mention, they could post here. Plus, you can't speak for everyone.
FollowTheLOL
#193491592Tuesday, July 12, 2016 10:15 PM GMT

FollowTheLOL
#193492046Tuesday, July 12, 2016 10:21 PM GMT

cybersquat
#193501134Wednesday, July 13, 2016 12:27 AM GMT

"Where I come from, they make big changes that affect all students. It doesn't have to be moving test dates, it can be another big change." And where is that? "No, thanks. I'll keep trying. There's a something I use called determination." There's a fine line dividing determination and obstinance. "Saying "period" will not end the argument." Your point? "If Roblox was JUST a game, it wouldn't have a catalog, forum, or groups. If it was just a game, friend requests might not even exist." Roblox is just a game. Period. "Roblox might suggest some good updates." Or Roblox could just force us to deal with the updates like they do now. Sure, some of us may whine and cry for a few days but I'm sure Roblox execs couldn't care less as long as they aren't losing money (which they obviously aren't). "I'm pretty sure that in Roblox HQ, not every decision is agreed." I'm sure that's the case as well. That's why we let the HQ handle it themselves instead of whining. "They're not random, they're elected." They are 20 random people who are elected by random people. These 20 random people could have no experience with anything business-related and they'd just be controlling the future of a sizable company. That's not what Roblox execs want, so it'll never happen. "When the Roblox Decision Team decides, the Roblox Staff has time to think about the update." Instead, they could just update the site without asking us. That's what's been going on for years and you don't see Roblox bankrupt, do you? "but if it doesn't satisfy their customers, it doesn't have to happen." Since you love bringing up Steve Jobs, let me do it as well. Steve Jobs once said that the reason he never surveyed customers is because customers don't know what they want. It's a company's job to create a product and market it in a way for customers to believe it is what they want. "I said immature people would be kicked from the team. Did you read that part?" I guess anyone who says "no" could be deemed inappropriate and kicked from the team. Did you consider that part? "I actually looked up on the Roblox Forums if there were similar ideas. I just continued with the topic." Okay, so you're admitting that you're not the first and only one with such a ludicrous idea? "OK OK! Fine. People can reply to this thread! That's my final decision!" About time. "That's not the point. The point is a customer can tell the employees what to do, like return a shirt." The point is, the customer is not always right. The employees can simply refuse service. What is the customer going to do then? Cry? Whine? Protest? Sue? You agreed to a set of terms and conditions upon signing up to this site and that's what you're going to have to follow. "Also, fitting rooms and return policies are irrelevant to the topic of Roblox Democracy." You're the one who brought up clothing stores in the first place. "but a store would be weird if a customer admitted that they had no right to tell what the company had to do." This statement makes no sense whatsoever. "Plus, you can't speak for everyone." 20 people can't speak for everyone either.
Rodash22
#193551098Wednesday, July 13, 2016 4:41 PM GMT

did OP seriously use a damn thing from Undertale to support his argument
MagicGivePen
#193560046Wednesday, July 13, 2016 6:01 PM GMT

""""Roblox is more like family. Roblox is more than a game." If you think 10 year olds and hackers are family, then this is the closest you can get. Roblox is not "more than a game." Roblox is a game. Period." Not that that's relevant, but anyway, Roblox has more than just games. If Roblox was JUST a game, it wouldn't have a catalog, forum, or groups. If it was just a game, friend requests might not even exist." Roblox is just a game. Period." I think this argument should be stopped because it is a matter of personal view. Cyber thinks ROBLOX is a game, ax thinks ROBLOX is whatever ax calls ROBLOX. For me it would not have much sense to continue this.
cybersquat
#193569052Wednesday, July 13, 2016 7:59 PM GMT

Frankly I believe it's really sad if you consider Roblox your family.
cybersquat
#193617537Thursday, July 14, 2016 11:23 AM GMT

No reply. I guess OP: 1. admitted he's wrong 2. died
FollowTheLOL
#193631123Thursday, July 14, 2016 4:35 PM GMT

I haven't replied because I had important things to do. Please be patient.
FollowTheLOL
#193631219Thursday, July 14, 2016 4:37 PM GMT

Now that I think of it, remove the whole 3/4 Roblox staff vote thing. It erases the point of Roblox Decision Team.
FollowTheLOL
#193633396Thursday, July 14, 2016 5:09 PM GMT

"And where is that?" That question will not be answered due to privacy concerns. Not all schools are the same. "There's a fine line dividing determination and obstinance." I'm just trying to make my idea good. There's nothing wrong with that. "Your point?" My point is, one word doesn't end the whole argument. "Roblox is just a game. Period." Did you read that part where I said the stuff about the forums and catalog? I suggest reading it again. Reply if your opinion has changed. "Or Roblox could just force us to deal with the updates like they do now." That isn't fair and one of the reasons I made this thread. They might not be losing money now, but without customer guidance, they could go out of business on the future. Although they had 10 years with experience with this, they have been REALLY pushing their luck recently. "That's why we let the HQ handle with it instead of whining." I've removed the whole 3/4 Roblox staff vote thing. It erased the point of the Roblox Decision Team. You might have to expect changes to this idea. "They are 20 random people elected by random people." One of the minimum requirements for being elected is being in charge of at least one Roblox group so they have had experience with leadership. "Instead they could update the site without asking us." Again, I've gotten rid of the whole 3/4 Roblox staff vote thing. "Steve Jobs said that the reason he never surveyed his customers is because they didn't know what they wanted." That occurred at the beginning of the digital age. Now there are so many games to choose from and people chose Roblox. I want to make sure that Robloxians stay with Roblox. If you're talking about Roblox updates, I'm pretty sure we can make up our minds of what we want. "I guess anyone who says "no" can be deemed inappropriate and kicked from the team." It's up to the other 19 members to decide if a member is acting immature. "The point is, the customer is not always right. The employees can simply refuse service." That's why customers say "can I talk to your manager"? "You're the one who brought up clothing stores in the first place" I was using it as an example. The relevant part was that the customer had the rights to tell what the employee had to do. "20 people can't speak for everyone either." That's why you vote for those 20 people. With the votes, they can speak for everyone.
cybersquat
#193634894Thursday, July 14, 2016 5:32 PM GMT

"That question will not be answered due to privacy concerns. Not all schools are the same." Nice way to dodge the question. "I'm just trying to make my idea good. There's nothing wrong with that." One problem: it was never good. "My point is, one word doesn't end the whole argument." Who said it does? "Did you read that part where I said the stuff about the forums and catalog? I suggest reading it again. Reply if your opinion has changed." What exactly are you talking about? "That isn't fair and one of the reasons I made this thread." Boo hoo. Go cry to your mommy. "They might not be losing money now," They're not. If they were, it'd be obvious. "but without customer guidance, they could go out of business on the future." It's not your job to worry about that. "they have been REALLY pushing their luck recently." I would call it PR experience, not "luck." "I've removed the whole 3/4 Roblox staff vote thing. It erased the point of the Roblox Decision Team." Again, I have no idea what you're talking about. "One of the minimum requirements for being elected is being in charge of at least one Roblox group so they have had experience with leadership." You cannot even compare leading a Roblox group to making decisions that will affect people in real-life. "Again, I've gotten rid of the whole 3/4 Roblox staff vote thing." Again, you're speaking as if this idea actually exists. "I want to make sure that Robloxians stay with Roblox." Why do you care? Roblox will worry about that. "It's up to the other 19 members to decide if a member is acting immature." It's up to the other 19 members to decide if they want to act immature as well. "That's why customers say "can I talk to your manager"?" Sometimes the manager says the same thing the employees do. Policies are policies. If you have a problem with them, don't enter the store (or in this case, don't play Roblox). "I was using it as an example. The relevant part was that the customer had the rights to tell what the employee had to do." A store is a store, not a country. Customers don't have "rights" that the employees have to protect. "That's why you vote for those 20 people. With the votes, they can speak for everyone." Again, 20 random people. You want 20 random people to speak for everyone? I'll pass.
FollowTheLOL
#193636213Thursday, July 14, 2016 5:50 PM GMT

"Nice way to dodge the question." I wasn't. I don't need someone to know where I live. "One problem: it was never good." That's why I want to improve this whole Roblox Democracy idea. "What exactly are you talking about?" Ok, here's what I'm talking about. There would be no point of a catalog if it was just a game. There would be no point of a forum if it was just a game. There would be no such thing as friend requests if it was just a game. "Boo hoo. Go cry to your mommy." That's not relevant and it doesn't support your opinion of this idea. "They're not. If they were, it would be obvious." I meant in the future. "I would call it PR experience, not "luck." " Call it what you want, but there are some updates that upset a lot of people. Since these updates rarely get reversed, I want to make sure we have satisfying updates and satisfying updates ONLY. "Again, I have no idea what you're talking about." I said it at page 10. If you don't know how the whole 3/4 vote thing started, well you don't need to. It never needed to be put into effect because it erases the point of the Roblox Decision Team. "You cannot compare leading a Roblox group to making decisions that will affect people in real-life." Not all people will be affected, just Roblox customers. "Again, you're speaking as if the idea exists." That 3/4 vote was never meant to exist. "Why do you care? Roblox will worry about that." Because I want a larger community to socialize with. "It's up to the other 19 members to decide if they want to act immature as well." You would know if a person is acting immature if they're repeatedly saying they're right or just constantly saying no. "Sometimes a manager will say the exact thing as the employees do." If a group of customers aren't satisfied, they can boycott a product. I like Roblox, I'm just saying that we customers can make a difference. "Again, 20 random people. Do you want 20 random people to speak for everyone?" As long as I voted for them. I would be satisfied on every decision they make and I will only have myself to blame if they mess up.
SparkedTheorem
#193636836Thursday, July 14, 2016 5:59 PM GMT

I think I've observed long enough. I'd like to object to the counters of "it's just a game." It is. Sort of. ROBLOX is a game where you can be anything, build anything, and destroy anything. It is a game of (technically) complete freedom. You can build anything from a tiny ant to gigantic cities. The catalog is also part of the game. Saying it's not a game with it is like saying you don't need a loot system in an RPG. It's like saying having no multiplayer in an FPS is what's supposed to happen. Ayy lmao
FollowTheLOL
#193641328Thursday, July 14, 2016 6:57 PM GMT

antimatter78
#193645077Thursday, July 14, 2016 7:49 PM GMT

I lost it when I saw his shirt NUKE THE WHALES!
FollowTheLOL
#193645498Thursday, July 14, 2016 7:55 PM GMT

FollowTheLOL
#193650469Thursday, July 14, 2016 9:06 PM GMT

Tell me what you think of this idea.
cybersquat
#193657106Thursday, July 14, 2016 10:38 PM GMT

"That's why I want to improve this whole Roblox Democracy idea." It's beyond that. Just let it die and rot. "There would be no point of a catalog if it was just a game." Games can have catalogs so you can customize your character. A lot of games have it. They're all just games, not "families." "There would be no point of a forum if it was just a game." Lots of games have forums for support. "There would be no such thing as friend requests" Almost every game (comparable to Roblox) has a friend mechanism. "That's not relevant and it doesn't support your opinion of this idea." I believe I've supported my opinion enough. "I meant in the future." Again, it's not your job to worry about that. "but there are some updates that upset a lot of people." People get upset over every update. That doesn't mean you stop moving forward. "I want to make sure we have satisfying updates and satisfying updates ONLY." Look above. People always get upset over every update. That includes the members of the "voting team." "Not all people will be affected, just Roblox customers." Roblox customers are real people. Roblox is a real company. Groups are not real companies. Groups don't have to worry about making money. By everyone, you should assume I'm speaking about the Roblox user base. "Because I want a larger community to socialize with." Go outside. "You would know if a person is acting immature if they're repeatedly saying they're right" So, you? "If a group of customers aren't satisfied, they can boycott a product." Then they can go ahead. Lots of people have promised to boycott Roblox after specific updates, but you don't see Roblox losing money. "I like Roblox, I'm just saying that we customers can make a difference." This is a company, not a country. The only difference we make is the amount of money in Roblox's bank account. "As long as I voted for them." In a 51-49 vote, a significant amount of people would be unhappy. "I will only have myself to blame if they mess up." Unfortunately every Roblox player isn't as mature as you.
FollowTheLOL
#193660965Thursday, July 14, 2016 11:32 PM GMT

"It's beyond that. Just let it die and rot." No thanks. "Games have catalogs so you can customize your character." True, but not all games have a huge wide selection catalog with large variety. "Almost every game (comparable to Roblox) has a friend mechanism." Oh, really? So you think ALL MMO games have friend systems? "I believe I've supported my opinion enough." Saying "go cry to your mommy" isn't a substitute for "your idea is bad". If anything, saying that is quite immature. Not like my mother plays Roblox. "Again, it's not your job to worry about that." I want to keep playing Roblox and make sure it will exist for years to come so I can play it more. "People always get upset over every update." Then those people need to learn about being thankful and gratitude. "Groups are not real companies." It's not about the company, it's the leadership. Also, groups have group funds, so some group leaders are experts in finances. Finances are good for the company, so if you think about it, it does help the company...somewhat. "Go outside." No thanks. I don't want to have to deal with those pesky mosquitoes. "So, you?" Uhh...no. I'm actually putting good reasoning to prove that I'm right. Immature people just think they're right, but don't give good reasoning. "Lots of people have promised to boycott Roblox after specific updates, but you don't see Roblox losing money." These boycotts are too small. I'm pretty sure if an updates tears the ENTIRE gameplay experience and replaces it with a bad experience, then these boycotts might be big enough to make Roblox say: AHH! WE'RE LOSING MONEY! WE SHOULD LISTEN TO THE CUSTOMERS! "The only difference we make is the amount of money in Roblox's bank account." Big boycotts. "In a 51-49 vote, a significant amount of people would be unhappy." What are the chances of it being a 51-49 vote? "Unfortunately every Roblox player isn't as mature as you." True, it is a kids game. But these kids would develop SOME maturity.
cybersquat
#193663771Friday, July 15, 2016 12:13 AM GMT

"No thanks." I wish you luck in keeping this thread alive. It will die out. "True, but not all games have a huge wide selection catalog with large variety." The size of a catalog doesn't determine whether a game is a game or not. "Oh, really? So you think ALL MMO games have friend systems?" I said "(comparable to Roblox)". I pity your illiteracy. "Saying "go cry to your mommy" isn't a substitute for "your idea is bad". If anything, saying that is quite immature. Not like my mother plays Roblox." What's your point? "I want to keep playing Roblox and make sure it will exist for years to come so I can play it more." That's what Roblox execs will ensure. You don't have to try to do their job for them. "Then those people need to learn about being thankful and gratitude." Easier said than done. Try to teach the hundreds of thousands of players to be thankful and show gratitude and let me know how that goes. "It's not about the company, it's the leadership." Not all groups need leadership (aka fan clubs). Groups cannot count as experience in running a company. They're called groups for a reason, not companies. "so some group leaders are experts in finances." You cannot compare managing real money with some virtual R$. "it does help the company...somewhat." No, it doesn't. Besides, it's a group, not a company. "No thanks. I don't want to have to deal with those pesky mosquitoes." Then be happy with having no friends. "I'm actually putting good reasoning to prove that I'm right." Honey, you're missing the point: you're not right. All you do is say the same thing over and over again in hopes that you'll annoy me enough that I'll leave. You thought wrong, sweetheart. "Immature people just think they're right, but don't give good reasoning." You just described yourself. You had some (far-fetched) reasoning in the beginning but now I laugh as each of your replies get more and more ludicrous. "I'm pretty sure if an updates tears the ENTIRE gameplay experience and replaces it with a bad experience, then these boycotts might be big enough to make Roblox say: AHH! WE'RE LOSING MONEY! WE SHOULD LISTEN TO THE CUSTOMERS!" If that happens, Roblox will worry about it. You don't need to do their job. "Big boycotts." Good luck trying to achieve that. "What are the chances of it being a 51-49 vote? When a flaw is pointed out, you are supposed to find a solution. You shouldn't question the odds of it happening and dismiss it. There is a chance it could happen, and that chance is a flaw. You yourself said that you'd like us to point out flaws so you could find solutions. I did just that and now you have failed to address it. You say one thing but do another. Make up your mind. "But these kids would develop SOME maturity." These kids will develop maturity when they stop playing Roblox. At that point, the future of Roblox will not matter to them (as if it actually did matter to them before).
FollowTheLOL
#193664984Friday, July 15, 2016 12:32 AM GMT

"I wish you luck in keeping this thread alive. It will die out." I will try my best to keep this alive. "The size of a catalog doesn't determine if a game is a game or not." True, but Roblox is a building game, not a dress up one. "What's your point?" Saying "go cry to your mommy" doesn't help the fact you're saying my idea is bad. "That's what Roblox execs insure. Don't try to do their work for them." Then there would be no point in S&I if the Roblox execs insure the existence of Roblox. "Easier said than done." Well, it looks like I'll have to teach a lot of people. Excuse me while I go do that. "They're called groups for a reason, not companies." Some groups are focused on business and earning currency. "You cannot compare managing real money with some virtual R$." I can, because both currencies use the same concept: spending. "No it doesn't. Besides, it's a group, not a company." How else will people be elected? Show proof to Roblox HQ to prove that they own a company? "All you do is say the same thing over and over again and hoping that you'll annoy me enough that I'll leave." I've said the same thing over and over again? I haven't noticed that. I think you're saying the same thing over and over again. You're also hoping that I'll let this thread die. That isn't going to happen. "Good luck trying to achieve that." Big groups that have thousands of members can easily declare boycott on Robux and builders club. If these massive groups have allies, they can boycott too. Then it's a chain reaction of boycotting. "When a flaw is pointed out, you're supposed to find a solution." You want a solution? Ok, so this whole 51-49 vote thing is still fair, because majority rules. I've had to deal with this kind of thing once, but I just dealt with the "majority rules". That's how real life democracy works, and if you don't like that, you can leave your democratic country (if you live in one). "These kids will develop maturity when they stop playing Roblox. At that point, the future of Roblox will not matter to them (as if it did matter to them before)." Well, while they're playing Roblox every update affects them. They'll stay on Roblox longer, and it might end up in their career.