of     1   

Tikobe
#195811410Wednesday, August 10, 2016 6:57 AM GMT

The wind blew from the north as the sun was ready to set in Daruuk. You knew you're location, a day or two away from the crossroads where the four kingdoms meet. Your caravan was preparing to turn back to make it's loop along the border of the kingdoms of Earth and Fire. The day had been largely uneventful, just a minor dust devil from the south. Curiously enough, it's been that way for a while. Daruuk wasn't this calm, and rarely did the disasters have one element in common, air. As of lately only storms were your problems. But, perhaps that was a blessing in and of itself. You've been scraping by using earth and fire magic to target the lesser components of the storms and calm down the worst, even if it wasn't the entire thing. Soon, your caravan may try to get some air shards to circumvent that. But, enough of these minor affairs. As you stood watch to make sure there weren't any fire-element based disasters heading your way, you see your son sneaking into the food cart again. He always had a tendency to try and steal away some extra food when he thought no one was looking.
Tesero
#195821627Wednesday, August 10, 2016 1:09 PM GMT

"Galuchin," I say, calling his name. "Where are you?" I ask pretending not to know his location, thinking that I can maybe turn this into hide-and-seek of some sort. (http://elf.namegeneratorfun.com/ is what I use for the names on this thread, by the way.)
Tikobe
#195844350Wednesday, August 10, 2016 7:31 PM GMT

(I was using Seventh Sanctum to be honest. Thank the lord for sharing that.) "He's here," a voice says as Kevan, the one the caravan leader put in charge of the stocks, carries Galuchin out with him. "Little bugger thought he could sneak in. Why, his mother must be worried."
Tesero
#195865302Wednesday, August 10, 2016 11:59 PM GMT

(http://fantasynamegenerators.com/old-high-german-names.php#.V6ZeTZN96gQ is what I used for names in the other ISRP that we're in for humans. I chose Old High German because it sounds familiar but lots of the names aren't Christian names or names that have even existed for a few hundred years so it also has that sense of foreign-ness associated with fantasy.) "Galuchin, what did I tell you about eating food at times like this? You won't be hungry at the dinner table."
Tikobe
#195884259Thursday, August 11, 2016 3:18 AM GMT

(Yeah. Lately what I do for humans is usually just take normal names, twist them around, replace a few vowels here and there and then done. Like Kellian is based off of Killian, although I've only met one Killian but oh well. Unless they're from a culture I based off of tribes, oriental civilazations (Seon would be the second time I've done that, actually), or something of the like. Although, in truth, I'm using standard names like we see now today for Tandrian humans.) Kevan hands Galuchin a bread bun. "Well, here's for the effort," he says, now looking to you. "I'm sorry, would you take him to your wife? I'm a little busy counting the stocks. One of my hands made a mistake and now he's led to us having a month's less of food than we usually stock up for."
Tesero
#195899430Thursday, August 11, 2016 8:56 AM GMT

"Alright. I'm sorry for the disturbance, I really am." After saying that, still holding Galuchin, I take him back to where my caravan is. I don't know where Wiltrud is at the moment, but that's the best place I can think of off the top of my head. (I didn't specify Laerorndir's job on my CS, did I? Also, though I did have his parents killed, he's not an only child and his parents aren't only children and he probably has in-laws, so it's not like he's a complete loner; I just went for dead parents because I think that that wouldn't be too uncommon in Daruuk.)
bigbriangoad
#195899728Thursday, August 11, 2016 9:09 AM GMT

this thread reminds me of marks Fried not Baked
Tikobe
#195928367Thursday, August 11, 2016 7:33 PM GMT

(Yeah. I was more intending to squeeze that information out of you through character conversation so it wasn't really a big deal.) You reach your cart. Wiltrud is looking around, perhaps trying to find Galuchin. She notices you two. "Oh thank the gods," she says.
Tesero
#195976334Friday, August 12, 2016 7:54 AM GMT

(Okay.) "You won't believe who was just found trying to steal food from Kevan," I say.
Tikobe
#195977553Friday, August 12, 2016 8:45 AM GMT

"That explains why he suddenly disappeared on me while I was visiting Halina's cart. I was hoping her kids could keep him busy and close by but...," Wiltrude replies, sighing. "Mommy! Kevan gave me this!" Galuchins smiles, holding the bread bun. "And look! Encouragement. I swear this caravan will be the death of me!"
Tesero
#195980747Friday, August 12, 2016 11:25 AM GMT

I hand Galuchin over to Wiltrud, and say "Well, at least we found him."
DurpyMau0902
#195981538Friday, August 12, 2016 11:58 AM GMT

You see a young boy coming up to him. "Dude, aren't we going to McDonald's for a Big Mac?" seventy five and one half
Tikobe
#196089642Saturday, August 13, 2016 7:18 PM GMT

"I suppose so," Wiltrud sighs. All of a sudden your caravan wagon shakes. You look to see that the caravan leader, a human named Sakary, has climbed up. "Laerondir!" he says. "Finally. I need your help with something."
Tesero
#196115085Sunday, August 14, 2016 1:20 AM GMT

"Where am I needed?" I ask Sakary.
Tikobe
#196178445Sunday, August 14, 2016 8:36 PM GMT

"A little ways south from the caravan," Sakary replies. "We saw some man while hunting, looked an erudite. He's in bad shape but we can't get to him, he's stranded across a river of magma. We aren't sure if you can part the river or something but we have another alternative we'll also need you for."
Tesero
#196225509Monday, August 15, 2016 8:08 AM GMT

"I'm on my way now," I say, before turning to my wife, kissing her quickly on the cheek. "Duty calls, sorry." (Roleplaying any romance feels strange and awkward, especially magnified by the fact that I myself have never experienced any in real life. As such, I would like to apologize for if my dialogue/actions seem strange.)
Tikobe
#196263774Monday, August 15, 2016 9:33 PM GMT

(It's alright. I understand. I was only ever in one myself, and that one, let me tell you, was awkward and a blatant disaster) "Be safe!" Sakary leads you through a forest. Most of the trees were petrified or burnt, but some still managed to live. It seems nature can still yet force it's way through Daruuk's chaos. You come to the river of magma Sakary told you about. About seven other men were there, trying to figure out what to do. At one point, you notice the river's depth is lowered enough for about three people to cross, assuming one could shield the other two from the magma. At another point, the bank rises into two sister cliffs. "Alright, Laerondir," Sakary says. "It's up to you. If you think you can part the magma, feel free. However, up over at those cliffs we found a tree. We figure we can use it for a bridge of sorts, just put it over the river on the cliffs. Of course, tearing it down is something we could do ourselves, but we would need some extra muscle to move it. Of course, that's riskier. I mean, the tree could move and fall into the river, or even worse catch fire and break down."
Timepockie
#196301343Tuesday, August 16, 2016 7:52 AM GMT

I unsheathe (?) my shard attuned to Fire, and begin attempting to part the sea of fire. (Biblical allegory time! Fire is red and rivers are like seas in some regards, thus I'm parting the red sea.)
Tesero
#196911408Wednesday, August 24, 2016 1:18 PM GMT

(I take it you lost the link?)

of     1