of     1   

bobonaut
#195933969Thursday, August 11, 2016 8:52 PM GMT

Hi im your friendly neighborhood bobonaut. I'm here today addressing the ball inventory glitch and what you should know.. So if you aren't inactive then you've probably heard of the ball inventory glitch and how its effecting OFL. I'm going to briefly walk through it and explain what it is. I spent some time testing it out today. This isn't an answer because frankly ive never seen something like this before but im gonna explain as much as i can. Basically, this glitch caused by roblox's wonderful ability to update roblox so that it ruins OFL causes a ball to show up in your taskbar. Basically what this is is the false illusion that the ball is in your inventory, when its really not. Most people think that the ball is "leaving their inventory" when this isnt the case. So that settles that. The 2nd part of this bug is where its leaving people's inventory after a certain amount of time. This happens when 2 people touch the ball clientside (on their screen) and its just that effect, basically a form of lag. The only way to properly tell this is to see who the tackle is, like mallard said. What this means is that recorders are going to be extremely important at games to review these situation to see who the ball will be awarded too, so that if a gamewinning hail mary is on the line, then we can properly review it and not take a win from a team that deserved it. Again, this is not a permanent solution. What can help is that when you're playing 3v3s, if something like this or something new happens, to PM a dev (aka mallard/testcatalog), and basically explain what happened. The more information we can get, the better. Nothing has been done to fix it because all this is is a clientside glitch, but the ball is always going to end up in the right person's hands, because as long as the server's connection is good, its always going to be user lag, no matter how slight it is. Thanks for entertaining me by reading this.
bobonaut
#195934253Thursday, August 11, 2016 8:56 PM GMT

Basically to summarize, if it leaves your inventory quickly, it never was there to begin with. Unless a tackle is triggered and then it leaves your inventory, which is a cause of lag, the ball will go to the person that was tackled first.
fred man
#195934654Thursday, August 11, 2016 9:01 PM GMT

Good explanation, much better than whoever said the problem occurred when you backspace
Spooceman
#195934662Thursday, August 11, 2016 9:01 PM GMT

LONG HAIR DONT CARE
RichTaIk
#195934721Thursday, August 11, 2016 9:01 PM GMT

WOOOOOOOOO
Zignatious
#195936125Thursday, August 11, 2016 9:19 PM GMT

Or we could fix 👏😴✊✊👿🤖👎👎🙌👿👹👺👥👥👤🚶🎅🏻👩‍👩‍👦‍👦👨‍👨‍👧💁🏿👯👪👨‍❤️‍💋‍👨👨‍👩‍👦‍👦🙆🏼💁🏿💁🏿💁🏿💁🏿💁🏿💁🏿💁🏿💁🏿💁🏿
bobonaut
#195942625Thursday, August 11, 2016 10:43 PM GMT

ok zig go find the problem with the ball scripts tell me how to fix it and let me know
nintendo566
#195942692Thursday, August 11, 2016 10:44 PM GMT

Thernus has a fix.
MarquesHxncho
#195948833Friday, August 12, 2016 12:08 AM GMT

bubbanaut >The only Thug<

of     1