of     1   

bigcrazycarboy
#197630962Saturday, September 03, 2016 1:34 AM GMT

Note: I know it's long, but please read until the end and comment "support" if you like the contents. Feel free to hit me with any questions you may have. Some devs and I have come up with a list of things we want from ROBLOX. Mostly me, but also some other people. Here it is: So I have always wanted ROBLOX to become more and more realistic environment. Like a software a little bit more like Unity, but with it's own community as well. I think that ROBLOX should give developers a way to download their game and it's contents as an EXE File, so they can run it independently without needing RobloxPlayerBeta.exe. This would allow a more convenient startup for players like me who like to put shortcuts on their desktop. Another thing that I believe ROBLOX should do is allow their players to submit their finished creations to become a game on the famous gaming engine Steam. Valve is a great organization, and with constant improvements to ROBLOX physics, rendering, and mesh support, I believe that ROBLOX can remove the tag that people have put on it for being like Minecraft, and other bad games. Now that the Steam and upgrades to be done outside of ROBLOX are done being described, let's go into meshes. I play a game called CS:GO. It's on Steam, and it gives players a way to make maps and post them on the warehouse. I do this, but I wish I could get my maps into ROBLOX. Sadly, I can't because of 2 reasons: 1. Triangle count is way too high. This could be fixed by allowing any amount of triangles, but having a warning or a meter for the amount of processing power an asset the size of the map could take up. 5,000 triangles is a good amount for small things, but if the whole game is planned to be a mesh, 5000 won't do you much. 2. Collisions. I have been on this since the day I learned unions couldn't collide right. If the map comes in completely somehow or another, we can't do anything with it because the collisions are horrible. This prohibits me from importing my maps from the Steam Warehouse to ROBLOX to make an fps game of my own. These things have been bugging me for a long time, and roblox, if you're reading this, I hope you act upon it. a "perfect" collision fidelity would be extremely nice, and if that's not possible, make a tool to edit collision meshes, and make the collision fidelity "custom." Thank you, have a nice day. -bigcrazycarboy (P.S. Keep up the good work on R15! Very excited!)
DimitriValcan
#197632079Saturday, September 03, 2016 1:48 AM GMT

SUPPORT!
Ezuras
#197633394Saturday, September 03, 2016 2:01 AM GMT

"run as a .exe" 100% no support You are implying people will know how to install and setup Lua libraries onto their PC? If so, you are sadly mistaken.
bigcrazycarboy
#197650400Saturday, September 03, 2016 6:06 AM GMT

@Silicti I don't mean a manual setup on the player's computer, I mean a possible zip or installer with the files already in it. All it would need is a simple extraction; Roblox can display an instructions page on the screen just like it did your first time running their installer. It's really not that complecated. Lua libraries would be already built-in to the executable's directory, so that would not be a problem.
Ezuras
#197678909Saturday, September 03, 2016 3:56 PM GMT

"Roblox can display an instructions page on the screen just like it did your first time running their installer. " People barely trust me giving them instructions how to uninstall ROBLOX. Do you really think they will do this?
bigcrazycarboy
#197682179Saturday, September 03, 2016 4:38 PM GMT

It's because you are a 3rd party and are otherwise not related to the internals of roblox, which can male some people skeptical. If the instructions are coming directly from a source they have trusted already, and it's not a 3rd party, I think they would trust it more. All it really is is a direct launcher that doesn't require an external protocol request to open the game. This would allow people to submit their roblox games to steam and other gaming ######### It would also possibly work a little bit like the Unity Web Player. People installed that just fine, so why would they be skeptical of roblox?
bigcrazycarboy
#197682302Saturday, September 03, 2016 4:39 PM GMT

Note: the censored part above spells out the spiderweb citing sources if you know what I mean.

of     1