of     1   

Texafy
#200532703Tuesday, October 25, 2016 5:11 PM GMT

1. Tampa Bay Rowdies today have announced that they're moving to the USL (San Antonio moved last year and Minnesota is going to MLS) 2. Fort Lauderdale is being subjected to a $3 million bid by PSG, but PSG intends to move the team to the USL if purchased 3. Rayo OKC is taking a hiatus from the NASL due to money constraints and competition from OKC Energy FC in the USL 4. Jacksonville Armada FC intends to leave the NASL for the USL by 2018 This leaves the NASL with 8 "stable" teams that don't have plans at the moment to leave the league. And of those 8, the majority of them are less than 3-4 years old
vikingsfan397
#200533868Tuesday, October 25, 2016 6:08 PM GMT

the league will be dead in 5 years tops
bookface6
#200534380Tuesday, October 25, 2016 6:31 PM GMT

it's been dead might as well just join the USL, and slowly develop a 2 divison promotion/relegation system (the USL and create another league, USL II or something like that), and just grow and develop the league into something that could transform into a system that could include the MLS (so obviously that would mean bigger stadiums, TV deals, more attendence, etc) if that happened, 20 years from now we could see a full promotion relegation system
vikingsfan397
#200534417Tuesday, October 25, 2016 6:33 PM GMT

dead as in nonexistent
Texafy
#200535006Tuesday, October 25, 2016 6:58 PM GMT

Apparently, Ottawa Fury FC is also making the switch from NASL to USL
TotallyNotCap
#200538081Tuesday, October 25, 2016 8:35 PM GMT

FC Edmonton's ownership really needs to rethink their strategy for the future. They've repeatedly said that they're preferring the NASL over moving to the USL or a Canadian domestic league. Not that many people in this city care because the ownership has done seemingly everything they can to prevent people from caring about the team or attending games. Such as placing a bunch of advertisements everywhere but otherwise totally avoiding any impact on the community (such as community/charity events) and opting to renovate and play at a horrible, horrible high school football stadium in an extremely hard to access area next to a dumpy part of the city instead of continuing to play at the much easier to access Foote Field or even moving to Telus Field (Yes, I realize that Telus Field is a baseball stadium, but it's still 888% better than Clarke Stadium in every way possible).
bookface6
#200538472Tuesday, October 25, 2016 8:45 PM GMT

Charlotte has the worst marketing I've ever seen. It's legitmately terrible and the attendance is insanely low bc of it
TotallyNotCap
#200539245Tuesday, October 25, 2016 9:01 PM GMT

At first I thought you were exaggerating and that Charlotte's attendance and marketing can't be as ######## ## ## Edmonton's. Then I looked at their average attendance and it's not much over half of what FCE gets and the home ground itself looks like an even harder place to reach than ###### Stadium. Ouch. On the bright side you aren't a Fort ########## Strikers fan.
DarkLord_Ranger
#200539356Tuesday, October 25, 2016 9:03 PM GMT

Thank god Minnesota United is going to the MLS We're gonna do the treble next season!
Diskerud
#200539909Tuesday, October 25, 2016 9:15 PM GMT

Lol I'll be surprised if you don't finish near last place
Logaids
#200540272Tuesday, October 25, 2016 9:24 PM GMT

game crowds lookin like rhl games Live Laugh Logaids
bookface6
#200540583Tuesday, October 25, 2016 9:31 PM GMT

It could be worse, but it's insanely irritating about how all the supporters sing songs "asking for a promotion" and the owners are already talking to the MLS about expansion there's NO advertising, the stadium is very out of the way (which they are fixing but still is worth noting, no signs point toward the park), and if you look up charlotte independence on twitter it doesn't even pop up. I could go on but I'd just get triggered. And it really sucks for the players. They are extremely talented, some I believe are playing much below their potential that we're lucky to have. These players deserve attendances, and it was obvious how much it meant to them when Swansea came and the stadium filled.

of     1