of     1   

Blitzwolfer
#205684268Wednesday, December 28, 2016 8:46 PM GMT

Bots. To put into one word, they're annoying. Constantly messaging you and filling your inbox when you have your messages privacy set to everyone, and spamming games' commentary sections so much, ROBLOX had to eliminate the commentary section. However, removing the commentary section is not the path I think we should go. We just need to find a plan to eliminate those annoying bots altogether. This is the plan I'm proposing. (and yes, there IS a tl;dr section at the bottom for each section) -------- GETTING TO THE ROOT OF THE PROBLEM: What makes bots so easy to flood the games' commentary like that? It's just too easy to make accounts. This is the simple way to keep things simple for young and new players to ROBLOX when making an account, while also keeping the bots out. There is a program called CAPTCHA, a program or system intended to distinguish human from machine input, typically as a way of thwarting spam and automated extraction of data from ######### This one simple program prevents bots from creating ROBLOX accounts and flooding the commentary. The CAPTCHA will take place as the last step of creating an account. ROBLOX's home page for unregistered users for the website will still stay the same. It's just instead of automatically linking them to the ROBLOX website, it links them to a seperate page: the CAPTCHA. If the bot fails to do the CAPTCHA, the account cannot be created until the CAPTCHA is completed correctly. tl;dr, add a CAPTCHA when making an account. -------- DEALING WITH THE REMAINING BOTS: Okay, so we solved the problem of preventing bots from creating accounts from the first place. However, we still need to deal with the remaining bots floating around. "Aren't the bots gone already/deactivated since the game commentary is removed?" Yes, but that doesn't mean the bots can't be activated again. They're probably waiting for the perfect moment to strike when the commentary comes up again. Here is my way of thwarting the remaining bots. When verifying an account, instead of a button that automatically verifies it, it sends to a verification page with a CAPTCHA. Players who are already verified are messaged from ROBLOX, in their own inbox, to the verification page with the CAPTCHA to verify once more. If the player does not do the CAPTCHA, the player does not receive the benefits from being a verified account. tl;dr for verification, ALL players (including the ones that have been already verified) must take a CAPTCHA. -------- CONCLUSION: So, now the bots have been dealt with (assuming the plan is suggested), the games' commentary should be back up and running again (but that's ROBLOX's choice, of course). This also prevents those bots who keep messaging you to an off-site link, so there's that too. tl;dr for this entire thread, add a CAPTCHA. -------- Leave feedback, good or bad, so I can improve in future suggestions!
Udoxas
#205686783Wednesday, December 28, 2016 9:14 PM GMT

There's a CAPTCHA for making accounts when you've made too many too fast.
Blitzwolfer
#205687177Wednesday, December 28, 2016 9:19 PM GMT

####### Really? Never seen anyone talk about it though.
Blitzwolfer
#205687218Wednesday, December 28, 2016 9:19 PM GMT

Oh, darnit. It censored your username.
Blitzwolfer
#205688760Wednesday, December 28, 2016 9:38 PM GMT

bump.
Blitzwolfer
#205694160Wednesday, December 28, 2016 10:38 PM GMT

bump2.
Chowderpat
#205714162Thursday, December 29, 2016 1:54 AM GMT

Support, we need CAPTCHAs. The Hippie of S&I. r+://536746421
XeSonic
#205714343Thursday, December 29, 2016 1:55 AM GMT

Support, anything to destroy them, I'll take it. Also, it actually is a good idea!
redeyemeat
#205714384Thursday, December 29, 2016 1:56 AM GMT

Support. Thread needs more attention. Hubba
TeslaMotors
#205714656Thursday, December 29, 2016 1:59 AM GMT

does not stop PM bots (legitimate people running bots) and does not stop commenters (legitimate people not using bots or using bots) the accs are made manually
XeSonic
#205714859Thursday, December 29, 2016 2:01 AM GMT

^ You're then saying, a bunch of people ( OR A WHOLE CORPORATION ) is trying to make thousands of bots? Do you know how many are made in a seconds?
XeSonic
#205715077Thursday, December 29, 2016 2:03 AM GMT

Also that I forgot to add, Who in the world makes thousands of accounts just to troll Roblox? NO ONE WANTS TO! To add on to the weight, COMMENT THOUSANDS MORE TIMES?!

of     1