of     2   
chevron_rightchevron_rightchevron_right

nairb
#206113647Sunday, January 01, 2017 9:15 PM GMT

TL:DR Version: A mixture of three popular ideas, Daily Challenges, renamed "Random Challenges", Achievements, and a Leveling System that not only affects your abilities on the website to a degree, but can be done infinitely if you love ROBLOX that much, but gets much slower as you reach the highest echelons. Another idea, yes it's probably as controversial as the last one I made, but hear me out. I want to level up on the website. I want to feel like I am contributing to the website regardless of my membership level, whether it is Builder's Club as it is now, or any sort of Club in the future. Developer's contribute too much, so this would probably benefit their sales, but nothing else, as they would make much more money both inside and outside of ROBLOX than the idea would give them. They can level, but they would be the World Firsts. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Part 1: The "infinite" progression. If this idea were to become an update, it would pretty much change the dynamic of how ROBLOX flows. The wheat would be separated from the chaff, and free users can enjoy the website at long last. But what do I mean by that? Don't you have to work for it? Yes you do. More than you have ever did in your life before this point. You are going to gain a buff in the form of playing games or purchasing things with real money. The idea, called "Re-genesis", or "RG" for short, is the incentive for going out and being part of the community. Yes I'm ragging on and on, so let me get to some bits of the mechanical detail. I'm treating ROBLOX as if it were a mixture between an economy simulator and an actual MMO where you level up. An EconMMO, for short. In this proposed system, you level up and gain perks. You can also sacrifice your levels, or "Re-genesis", to gain even more perks, but it would take longer to reach where you left off, compared to most Idle Games where you quickly bounce back on the slightest provocation. That is, unless you pick certain perks that speed up the recovery process during Re-genesis. But that would take the fun out of the random, wouldn't it? ----------------------------------------------------------------------------- Part 2: How does this actually work, like what perks can I get from this? (The Leveling System) When the system goes live, ROBLOX calculates how much you have contributed to the website via your "Rarity", a statistic used to determine an item's quality. If you sold a lot, you would gain Rarity used to give you Experience Points on conversion. That Experience can be used to give you a head start. If you aren't keen on getting Experience via Rarity, you can also earn it via Skill. Skill is the metric in which you currently earn things. Some of it can turn to Rarity if items are involved, otherwise it's there as Skill forever. But it would pale in comparison to renewing your subscription or buying ROBUX, which automatically give you Experience Points at a conversion rate determined by ROBLOX. That's the quickest way to get it in large amounts, ROBLOX still wants you to pay them. You start at Level 1 when you make a new character, or for some reason contributed nothing in your years-long hiatus. The leveling "ends" at Level 100. Here are some examples of (Random!) perks during the normal leveling path: Level 1: None. You just started out. Level 10: (1x) EXP per Place Visit. Due note, the same laws that applied to Tickets when they were removed would apply to Place Visits of any kind. Level 20: 10% more ROBUX from ROBLOX purchases. This is a hypothetical perk idea that would boost sales for ROBLOX forever on that character. Level 50: 30% more EXP from Skill tasks. Level 100: Ascend? If you see "Ascend?", all it takes is a quick confirmation and you can gain Re-genesis 1. But, considering you put in quite a good effort to get there, here are some of the perks you may get. (1.5x) EXP per Place Visit. (x*1.01) EXP per sale, depends on what Membership Level you are. (x+(y Membership Value) ROBUX per day. Can't be botted, too hard to get via botting. It's a one-character pony. That, and it's all random in how you forge your adventure on ROBLOX. However, this may cause inflation. But I countered that with the following potential idea. A random item of your choosing out of a small group? Can be an Accessory, can be a Gear, who knows? But it can't be made by other users, it has to be made by ROBLOX, unless User Generated Content comes out. Depends on both your Re-genesis Level and your Membership Level. This could deflate Limiteds by inserting more of that item, not the ROBUX into the economy, it truly is random. Those are some examples of perks. But how do we go about earning the EXP to begin with? ----------------------------------------------------------------------------- Part 3: Experience Points? (Random Challenges) EXP is not really a currency, it can't be traded, only earned. This is used to progress your character with and without paying with real money, but ROBLOX would prefer you spend money on ROBUX to get more EXP. But, there is hope. You can complete Random Challenges, or just "Challenges" in the menu. A Developer can optimize their game for future challenges with some freshly introduced scripting variables. Sadly, I don't want to debate about scripting variables being "scriptable". You choose how to code your game, but it must pass a moderator inspection on whether or not it allows people to satisfy what ROBLOX will add into the future. This is one of the technical parts that ROBLOX has to deal with to make this a reality for free users. Now for what happens. As you visit the "Challenges" menu, something may pop up. Like, "Visit 'this game' and reach Level 3." This is an example, it will wildly vary from game to game. When you complete a task, you gain EXP, and later perks, depending on how hard the task is/was, and your Membership level. This would be filed under EXP > Skill in Challenges. Complete enough tasks, and you will probably earn Achievements for your troubles. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Part 4: Achievements, a reward for your hard work. Let's say you earn quite a deal of RG or overcome a lot of Challenges. Achievements can give your character perks or just bragging rights that last for a lifetime. Or until your character is terminated. Some examples of Achievements include: 25 RG (Placeholder): Get an Inverse Egg of Destiny that somehow emits dark sparkles and darkens the environment it touches, like a big shadow. This is an experimental hat idea, not to be taken seriously, it's a concept. 250 Challenges (Placeholder): Galactic Sparkle Sword of the Challenger. Those are some examples of Achievements in general. We are nearing the end, I hope I haven't bored you too much or made you rip out your hairs in frustration. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Part 5: The future: The farmer's paradise! It's an ordinary day in a world affected by this idea. You want to casually go for a few challenges for the day, top off the last bits of points needed for a level, and call it a day. It's also an extraordinary world, you can go for as long as you want without the need for taking a break. But it may tire on your sanity just a bit, Mr. World Firster. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Part 6: The Conclusion. Ah, the creative energy flows again. I hope you guys enjoy the idea, if not, please leave a constructive reason why. Some of the ideas on this list are placeholder and part of larger systems of ideas. Some may be scrapped by ROBLOX, do not take this as final.
groogroo101
#206114714Sunday, January 01, 2017 9:27 PM GMT

I didnt read this all, but I appreciate it. Support, this is a good way to knowwho to hire for your group or designing/building job.
DunclubDuncan
#206115575Sunday, January 01, 2017 9:36 PM GMT

ROBLOX isn't even a competitive enviornment
nairb
#206116881Sunday, January 01, 2017 9:48 PM GMT

Some of the games on ROBLOX are, though. I'd figure with ROBLOX's integration into Twitch that this would drive traffic to people streaming even obscure games.
Theosaurus23
#206120018Sunday, January 01, 2017 10:20 PM GMT

This seems to me like it's just older players getting more robux and/or items but robux=items. There is no reason for it and it would only really be in the best interest of beggars. Even if you turned this into something that's not just to do with robux, then it'd just be older players being more OP, which it'd lead to anyway. No support. "Part 5: The future: The farmer's paradise! It's an ordinary day in a world affected by this idea. You want to casually go for a few challenges for the day, top off the last bits of points needed for a level, and call it a day. It's also an extraordinary world, you can go for as long as you want without the need for taking a break. But it may tire on your sanity just a bit, Mr. World Firster." So it looks like it's basically going to be either grinding or a few fun little challenges which don't need to give you free money (possibly a hat for each challenge). Seriously though, how is this anything more than free money? It looks to me like you're just like another one of those kids who just reached a year on ROBLOX and is now begging for free robux. All of the perks just give you either more EXP or robux/items.
nairb
#206122786Sunday, January 01, 2017 10:50 PM GMT

"This seems to me like it's just older players getting more robux and/or items but robux=items." Some of the perks are more EXP gain to offset the exponential nature of EXP in general. Others incentivize ROBUX purchases or BC sales. "There is no reason for it and it would only really be in the best interest of beggars. Even if you turned this into something that's not just to do with robux, then it'd just be older players being more OP, which it'd lead to anyway." Or people who seek for EXP. There can be cases of people rushing through the system as fast as possible as a free user. But that's the point, to distinguish that you contributed to the community without being berated for it. "No support." Had this been written on its own, I would have used ReesemcBlox's post. But, you win here because you actually wrote a reason for it. "So it looks like it's basically going to be either grinding or a few fun little challenges which don't need to give you free money (possibly a hat for each challenge)." Most of which give you EXP, but I can see where you are going with that sentence. and agree with you there. "Seriously though, how is this anything more than free money? It looks to me like you're just like another one of those kids who just reached a year on ROBLOX and is now begging for free robux. All of the perks just give you either more EXP or robux/items." I've been playing for nine years. Don't try to twist the story. Also, I'm OBC, not a free user. Anyway, I want to enable creativity and progress. That is work, this idea is all about work. It's never free. Free implies it's given to you for doing nothing.
Theosaurus23
#206124376Sunday, January 01, 2017 11:10 PM GMT

I don't think anybody cares about EXP, apart from people who want items/robux. That's all EXP leads to. Yeah, if your level was visible it might enhance the ego of a few idiots, like the ones who state their join date to seem authentic in some way because that's pretty much what it'd be, all it'd depend on is how long ago you joined and how much you grinded. I really don't think I'd care about my level and if that's projecting then I think I have overestimated ROBLOX's community. I also wasn't saying you WERE a begging kid who just became a veteran, I was saying you're acting like one and I'm not trying to trick people that you are because everyone who isn't somehow reading this in a bad version of Braille knows your join date.
Theosaurus23
#206124605Sunday, January 01, 2017 11:12 PM GMT

"Anyway, I want to enable creativity and progress. That is work, this idea is all about work. It's never free. Free implies it's given to you for doing nothing." I don't see how this enables any creativity or progress and it's not "work" because you're not hired by ROBLOX with the payment of discount. You're just grinding/doing a little challenge and getting a free discount for your time. Just being either patient or good at the game doesn't mean you deserve a discount.
400jl
#206126456Sunday, January 01, 2017 11:35 PM GMT

Sounds like a fun idea. Support.
nairb
#206126725Sunday, January 01, 2017 11:38 PM GMT

You are right in that EXP would be a visual indicator of progress. It's to distinguish those who worked for their rewards and the actual beggars. I'd still help the latter out by donating, even if this system is implemented.
Broad_Cast
#206127146Sunday, January 01, 2017 11:43 PM GMT

I don't read all the words, but seems really good idea, Support.
expertgamer090
#206130196Monday, January 02, 2017 12:16 AM GMT

I kind of support, it needs to be changed around a bit so its not so confusing. Tix was removed for confusion being a reason, so there probably not gonna let this happen in the state that it is. This would be a very big thing for roblox if this does happen though. But most things on S and I don't happen. So, this will probably not happen.
ChippyEatsDoritos
#206131391Monday, January 02, 2017 12:31 AM GMT

No support sooner or later people will find ways to hack there level or bot :/
nairb
#206136782Monday, January 02, 2017 1:35 AM GMT

Levels can't be hacked, it's a website stat only the admins control. Botting can't be done, the challenges would outsmart the next move a bot makes.
nairb
#206139256Monday, January 02, 2017 2:01 AM GMT

ROBLOX hasn't done anything useful as of late. But one day I want to change that.
sonicworld17xx
#206140098Monday, January 02, 2017 2:11 AM GMT

what is this? all the year old players would be lvl 100 already. also there is a thing called ''a script''
nairb
#206141654Monday, January 02, 2017 2:28 AM GMT

You didn't read any of this, did you? Website, and people can be reborn if they want to after reaching Level 100.
FollowTheLOL
#206141827Monday, January 02, 2017 2:29 AM GMT

this is freaking scriptable
nairb
#206141911Monday, January 02, 2017 2:30 AM GMT

Website. Can't be scripted in a game.
Jxhxnnx
#206143081Monday, January 02, 2017 2:43 AM GMT

Hope so.
chatowillwin
#206144371Monday, January 02, 2017 2:59 AM GMT

1) The leveling system that you explained makes no sense. They get rarity from selling things? what? 2) ""10% more ROBUX from ROBLOX purchases. This is a hypothetical perk idea that would boost sales for ROBLOX forever on that character." haha, nice way to try and slip in getting ROBUX bud. You also did a terrible job at explaining what this is, I am still very confused after reading this thread multiple times ( Which is why I only have 2 things to argue about it) Rewrite this thread in a way that makes sense.
nairb
#206145186Monday, January 02, 2017 3:10 AM GMT

1. From completing events in the past, in addition to tracking your sales history. You gain EXP from selling things, as someone had to buy it. 2. You have to spend real money for that perk idea in particular to work. 3. "haha, nice way to try and slip in getting ROBUX bud." Attaching rewards for your efforts is a good way to make this system work. 4. "You also did a terrible job explaining what this is" Now you know how I felt when Tickets were removed. 5. I am not rewriting a thread for someone who has a serial history of nonsupporting, starting flame wars, and a blocked user. I'd gladly do it for the guy who said it was confusing, but not for you.
Theosaurus23
#206145410Monday, January 02, 2017 3:13 AM GMT

You're avoiding what people asking you and making a terrible effort to hide the fact that all you want is a discount.
Theosaurus23
#206145436Monday, January 02, 2017 3:14 AM GMT

are*
expertgamer090
#206145441Monday, January 02, 2017 3:14 AM GMT

Lol, you hear that? RESPECT.

of     2   
chevron_rightchevron_rightchevron_right