of     1   

RoygeTheChicken
#208615128Tuesday, January 31, 2017 3:42 AM GMT

This was part of an older post I made, but I am making a few improvements to it. 1. Fix the chat filter This means to fix the filter so it can only filter profanity and inappropriate language. I understand that spam is a very big issue, but the spam filter is now filtering common words like "hello" and "I". It might be an issue to do this, but it will bring more good than harm. 2. Replace hashtags. (Or limit them to a large extent) This is a very big issue. The hashtag system is not working well. It is really sad that ROBLOX has more hashtags posted than TWITTER! I believe that there can be a better alternative to this. Here is my suggestion: When profanity has been posted, the message will not be sent. Instead, there will be a notification like the Chat & Party IM. A notification will appear near the chat box that will say, "Content was moderated, message not sent." This is similar to the Chat & Party IM, but the message is not sent. 3. Allow different kinds of filtering I believe that you (or your parent) can set certain restrictions to the filtering. It can be set where there are absolutely no filtering at all, to where the safe chat is enabled. There will be three presets: Safe chat- The safe chat that ROBLOX has created. There are certain "safe words" that are allowed, but nothing else. Regular- The regular chat that all who don't use safe chat, are currently using. It blocks profanity and vulgar words. Unrestricted- Nothing is restricted at all. No words are blocked. There can also be words that can be blocked manually as well. You can add these words to a certain chart that can disable words. For instance, I can put "Humongous" to this chart, and any form communication that contains "Humongous", it will be filtered to just "..." That is all I have for suggestions right now. I might post more when I have other ideas Your good pal, -Royge The Chicken
RoygeTheChicken
#208615809Tuesday, January 31, 2017 3:52 AM GMT

I forgot to add a detail to #3. Any word that is restricted on your chart will only be restricted to YOU ONLY. To clear any confusion. Your good pal, -Royge The Chicken
boomboomcreeper1234
#208620426Tuesday, January 31, 2017 4:56 AM GMT

One idea got added... can you figure out what it is?
Nidoqueene
#208622554Tuesday, January 31, 2017 5:33 AM GMT

Good idea, but I don't like having no safe #### at all, because then kids can see ##### ###### Also the settings need a pin like the ### u to access it, to keep kids out. -When life THROWS you lemons, use them to heal yourself-
boomboomcreeper1234
#208622623Tuesday, January 31, 2017 5:34 AM GMT

agreed. but most of it got tagged. my idea? MAKE THE HASHTAGS LESS RESTRICTIVE
Nidoqueene
#208623078Tuesday, January 31, 2017 5:43 AM GMT

I know theres tags, but you get the point im making anyway. -When life THROWS you lemons, use them to heal yourself-
RoygeTheChicken
#208669367Tuesday, January 31, 2017 10:57 PM GMT

I forgot to add this. If someone has their filter set to safe chat, and another person is set to unrestricted, and the person with unrestricted says something vulgar, the person with safe chat cannot even see the message, because safe chat will still follow its guidelines and block out any profanity.
HalfPinky456
#208669521Tuesday, January 31, 2017 10:59 PM GMT

roblox uses the sift safety filter, which is a filter used by various companies in means of censorship it detects if your posts get filtered a lot, in which the filter will become harder on you however there is a default level, so roblox must have bumped up the filter a few notches after that media incident
boomboomcreeper1234
#208705771Wednesday, February 01, 2017 6:40 AM GMT

unrestricted is too overpowered, people with unrestricted could just use it to make #### speech, swearing, fights etc. so why cant unrestricted has a little filtering of ###### words and nothing else?
maxatron42
#208732499Wednesday, February 01, 2017 7:34 PM GMT

Here's a suggestion, with the chat filters, only allow them to be changed through a code as the little kids like 8-10 will have to ask their parents to set it or have a code like the 2 step verification but a code is sent to the parents ###### ###### or sent to their parents ##### ###### by ### to enter a code on their kids Roblox account whenever and then they can access the parental controls and set the filter settings Roblox should also add a little tutorial video for parents as some may not know how to set the settings to filter words out and filter out custom words. See what I mean Roblox filtered out than last time I edited this
boomboomcreeper1234
#209981677Friday, February 17, 2017 10:37 PM GMT

Good idea, but what if the kids have their ##### belonging to THEM? Roblox, with an O tilted.

of     1