of     1   

Hazania
#211711601Saturday, March 11, 2017 3:30 PM GMT

Let me begin by asking; has anyone ever found a good, well-made course to learn all aspects of designing a game on ROBLOX? All aspects would include building, scripting, story-telling, originality, 'fun-ness', etc. I personally have never been able to find a class (regardless of purchase or free) that teaches these fundamentals. Why not? [note: User made classes that aren't accurate or poorly-made don't count...] Why would there not be a class for this? Honestly! It seems irrefutably ridiculous to me that nobody, not even ROBLOX themselves have made a class in which you are taught from the ground up in an organized manner HOW TO MAKE A GAME. This whole website/company/game is dedicated to creating games. Yet there is no class teaching its users how to make them. Like. What..? My suggestion is this; ROBLOX, users, anyone... Make an organized class that teaches ROBLOX users how to make games. I doubt anyone would mind if it had a cost of anywhere from $10 to $100 if it taught everything necessary. PLEASE! :p PS: I would do it myself, BUT unfortunately I lack the skills required. I would be willing to make one that teaches all the basics but I would not be able to teach the in depth portions on scripting specifically.
happypogo123
#211711874Saturday, March 11, 2017 3:35 PM GMT

just use the wiki
Hazania
#211716160Saturday, March 11, 2017 4:46 PM GMT

The wiki will only tell you what you specifically what you ask it, which is usually explained in a hard to understand way that makes it much more difficult to learn. I've tried starting at "the basics" on the wiki and moving forward from there, but most of all of their information is so randomly placed within each section which is a surefire way to forget all that information almost immediately since you won't be putting it to use anytime soon. This is why I said in my post, 'in an organized way'. Organization of content is almost as important as the content itself. If you mix up your sentences and paragraphs into a random pattern on the page, it will make it much more difficult for the reader to understand what your point is. In the same way if the content is not organized in priority of essential>nonessential and easy>hard (for the beginner) then the noob to ROBLOX will probably not learn anything and will probably never make a game much less a single functional object (that actually does something).
Donolan
#211716232Saturday, March 11, 2017 4:47 PM GMT

Support. The wiki is terrible.
MaleficusFreud
#211716740Saturday, March 11, 2017 4:54 PM GMT

Support, building is revolved around Roblox, so why not.
Hazania
#211717118Saturday, March 11, 2017 5:00 PM GMT

"We help power the imaginations of people around the world." ROBLOX... Bros. You say your helping us "power" our "imaginations" yet all you've done is provide a tool without proper instruction. We really would appreciate an organized tutorial starting from; a) how to use Studio. - all of the keys and commands on the top bar of Studio. - all of the pop-up windows that the keys and commands open. - how to build things using those keys and commands. - how to build terrain! (very important, can save tons of developing time) b) how to script. - how to run basic commands and processes. - how to make simple things happen. - how to make simple GUIs that do simple things. - how to learn how to make anything you need for your game. c) how to make a game. - how to think of a game. - how to make and incorporate a beneficial theme, [should teach player to do something positive ex. use money wisely] - how to make the game fun. d) how to promote the game. - how to advertise/sponsor effectively. - how to keep your players coming back. - how to monetize (kindly and smartly) your game.
Hazania
#211717579Saturday, March 11, 2017 5:07 PM GMT

As you can see, making a game is no simple 1-2-3 A-B-C process. There are tons of aspects that the user must think about when thinking of and creating their game. The reason the front page of games is directionless and nothing special in comparison to actual gaming consoles and webs########because of the lack of convenient training provided by the creators and/or users. If it takes months or years to find all the necessary bits and pieces of information all over this website and others, then who would want to spend all that time finding it? It is extremely difficult to stay interested in developing when it is so extremely difficult to find the right guidance. I can't tell you how many stray tutorials and guides I have followed just to find at the end that it didn't work and now you have wasted hours confusing yourself even more. I really want to develop games on ROBLOX. I have a huge passion for video games. If somebody were to provide a PROPER and ORGANIZED tutorial that teaches one how to make games fully finished and fun, I would pay. Fact. ;)
Hazania
#211717725Saturday, March 11, 2017 5:09 PM GMT

ROBLOX, you have a huge opportunity to make even more money from this. Please do yourselves and us a favor by providing a well-made tutorial (it's cool, charge us, no hard feelings.. really!).

of     1