of     1   

kofikingston9000
#212093619Thursday, March 16, 2017 6:58 PM GMT

Studio is extremely limited and the fact that it basically only uses CPU for graphics is creating lag. As game get more advanced on this site ROBLOX you will need to allow the GPU to take the load off. A CPU cannot do all the work like it right now. This will decrease loading times and allow you to take off the 5000 poly limit on meshes. And for people who are going to comment saying "Uhh dude it does use GPU." It doesnt, when in a game open performance stats. And then you will see no matter what game your on it uses very little GPU whilst throttling CPU usage. And if it does use the GPU it hits a built in limiter so it cant go over a certain percentage of usage. Please ROBLOX allow the use of GPU
ParasiticToxin
#212094945Thursday, March 16, 2017 7:28 PM GMT

Yeah, I think it's honestly time for an engine overhaul if ROBLOX is going to be adding more stuff like the shaders and dynamic lighting we got in the last few years. SIGGY: Working on an epic ninja game.
Z3_NN7
#212114692Friday, March 17, 2017 12:39 AM GMT

Support.
kirby750
#212114870Friday, March 17, 2017 12:41 AM GMT

Please add more GPU support and stop making my decent PC look like a potato. Random things I like: R+://143080540 | R+://643291656 | R+://631841788
ParasiticToxin
#212127873Friday, March 17, 2017 2:53 AM GMT

Bumping, because ROBLOX needs to see this SIGGY: ...ready to launch
WashedPotatoes
#212127966Friday, March 17, 2017 2:53 AM GMT

Support. P:S: Hey kirby, that's quite rude. Potatoes are great.
redpandanicole
#212132149Friday, March 17, 2017 3:35 AM GMT

Roblox is a physics heavy game, even the way it renders is based on a point cloud system thats more CPU intensive than GPU intensive And thats not something easy to change. However, its still pretty lightweight. Even my little roblox machine, a core2duo box with 3gb of ddr2 and a gt 710 can handle roblox pretty smoothly on max graphics. Roblox limits gpu usage because if it was "let loose" and picked up the slack on the rendering, you would actually get worse performance since the average graphics card wouldnt be good at rendering roblox at all What you would want is a compute card, the rare occasions where i play roblox on my workstation, with now a ryzen 1800x and dual firepro w9100's, which are both render/compute cards, there is literally nothing it cant handle. I can play the most demanding roblox games in 4k at triple digit framerates, because my cpu is overkill for roblox physics, and the little bit my gpu's have to do, they do incredibly well, because they were designed for that kind of rendering. If your cpu is taking all the strain though, this means you have a cpu bottleneck. Its partially a roblox problem since roblox is a cpu heavy game, but you shouldnt be seeing one component at 100% and another at next to nothing.
kofikingston9000
#212344933Sunday, March 19, 2017 6:43 PM GMT

@The Skunk - Switching to a balanced system between CPU and GPU (like most games) will not lag. I have a Xeon 1225v2 ######## a GTX 1050ti and 32gigs of RAM. I dont use my PC for ROBLOX, I mostly play intensive games and render (because I am a character and environment artist). If you were to let the GPU and the hardrives handle 3D models and let the CPU do what the CPU does in every other engine which is handle physics then it would be much smoother. But with there current system the CPU does everything literally everything. Switching to a balanced system would do anything but lag. A CPU is built and coded to work with physics. A GPU is built for 3D rendering. Think of a CPU as your brain and a GPU as your eyes. Your eyes take in the light and convert it into something your brain can use while doing less work. So your brain doesnt have to focus on that. But what if your brain did all that work. Thats just more unnecessary work for your brain to do. So god created eyes XD.
kofikingston9000
#212345266Sunday, March 19, 2017 6:47 PM GMT

Also skunk my CPU has no bottleneck at all. Ive been building PC's since I was 5. I know my way around and I made sure when building my current setup to have no bottlenecks. My GPU and CPU fit perfect together. Battlefield 1 - 100% CPU load and 91% GPU load on average. Arma 2 - 80% CPU and 90% GPU. Miscreated - 85% CPU and 100% GPU (This game uses Cry engine which is a GPU heaving using engine thats why there far apart) And plus the higher the resolution the more GPU usage also. But if you want to put more load on the CPU lower the resolution. You may deny this but try it for yourself its true.
DR2D2
#212347632Sunday, March 19, 2017 7:19 PM GMT

SUPPORT
redpandanicole
#212348230Sunday, March 19, 2017 7:27 PM GMT

If they were to make it more balanced and give some of the tasks to the GPU you would get worse performance, as####aid, the way roblox renders is much easier for a CPU to do than the average users gpu. Its also the same reason why integrated graphics dont suffer too much running roblox. Roblox doesnt have a lot of complex graphical rendering aspects like reflection, caustic or fogging (dont get that confused with fog, thats a bit different), refraction or standard diffraction. We have something close to proper diffraction in the form of sunrays, but thats one of the things that better done by the CPU than GPU. Roblox is pretty basic graphically, its a lot of noncomplex texture mapping, basic shading and lighting. Your regular consumer graphics card, like for example a 750ti, is very well designed for games. Games focus a lot on things like rough detailed textures, indirect illumination, depth of field effects, bump rendering of textures, complex shadows and refraction. Roblox is more math than anything, its a whole load of points that have to be interconnected with textures, then lighting is thrown over that, the issue there is that the 750ti used as an example isnt as good at math. Its really great for giving those complex dynamic lighting features and basically adding effects to easy to render objects. It is not that good at rendering the objects themselves. And thats what roblox mainly is, less effects, more objects. And unlike how games work, when youre rendering images on the screen of the game youre playing through that gpu, its only using what you can see. A house behind a hill you cant see isnt going to be rendered. With roblox, that house is rendered, you just cant see it from your camera view. But what the gpu is doing is rendering that house. And thats where all the math comes in, roblox is intensive, just not in the same sense that Crysis 3 is intensive. So workstation cards, compute cards, etc are really good at doing that kind of thing, theyre good at rendering things you may not actually see, they can do the math a lot faster than a consumer GPU. Thats why a GTX 1080 outperforms my 2500$ firepro w9100 in games. But if i put those two to the test in rendering a complex 3D model with millions of polygons using a floating point method, the w9100 would blow away a gtx 1080. Two very different gpu architectures designed for very different purposes. Its also why i have 32gb of vram. No game on earth will use 32gb of vram, but a fully rendered model like the ones i work on can eat up to 20gb of it very easily. Thats why roblox doesnt use the GPU as much. The CPU is better than the GPU for a lot of what roblox needs to render, because it can do a lot of point math much faster.
kofikingston9000
#212370770Monday, March 20, 2017 12:22 AM GMT

I don't think your understanding what I am saying. I know the CPU does math and serverside stuff. Im not saying give the GPU math equations and letting it handle the scripts. No that would be wrong thats not what they are made for. Im saying let the GPU handle 3D models, meshes, lighting. While the CPU can focus on Physics, serverside activity, clientside activity,all that sorta stuff. ROBLOX would not lose performance if you allowed the GPU to take the load off of the CPU. After all thats a huge reason why the GPU is how it is today, gaming. They realized the CPU cant handle everything. And its not suppose to, thats the whole reason you have a GPU. Crysis 3 is GPU intensive.. Very GPU intensive. If you let Crysis run using only CPU you wouldnt get good performance even on a 1000$+ CPU because they just cannot handle everything at once. (I mean a renderfarm could but thats besides the point) All I am saying is, it wouldnt harm FPS, It would add many features that could improve ROBLOX FPS, and it would actually take advantage of peoples PC's. Some people revive old PC's using just a GPU and for a program to not take advantage of any GPU is lacking. Say youve got a game like Phantom Forces (Very well optimized I just want to say) if you were to add GPU support it would handle, gun models, player textures, map loading, buildings. All that and the CPU can worry about the new lighting aka Volumetric lighting basically. Server and client, and physics and more. Some CPU's dont even have integrated graphics which lowers there ability even more to be able to do all the work (thankfully my CPU does but let me tell you it aint impressive XD) But overall it would be more of a boosting effect rather a bad one, and frankly I really dont understand your claim that it would lower FPS. In fact I can guarantee it would do the opposite.

of     1