chevron_leftchevron_leftchevron_left
    of     2   

owningnoobs76
#212385023Monday, March 20, 2017 4:01 AM GMT

Biography: Brom's Life Story: Abridged Edition So, uh, here's our fancy guy Brom here. Nothing special, aside from his decades of experience and his skill on the battlefield. Fellow soldier takes a look at the guy, and they'll be thinking "that guy, that's who I want to be within the next three decades." I'm sure his opponents would've had the same thoughts as well, if they were still alive. So anyway, he's growing up in America, and like we all might have done at the age of 5 or 15, decided they wanted to be something cool. Brom's parents consisted of a military man and a nurse. Soldier dad, of course, told his son "One of these days, Brom, you're going to serve your country!" He wasn't interested, and went down the path of doctoring. Didn't pan out so well, and it turns out his best option was to serve in the army after all. His service was pretty quiet, unless a third world war happened between now and 2080, but he did have to deal with the kind of stuff you see in war, like displaced families and messed up injured/dead buddies and such. He feels like he's not doing much in his current position, tries some military contractor work. And, believe me, stuff happened, and after a few months Brom soon became the top guy in most of his operations. His experience and skill reached the point where he was headhunted into multiple PMCs and do all sorts of stuff around the globe. If military wasn't his life before, it sure as##e####as now, and it would remain that way for over thirty years. Now, onto Brom's skills and style. Reconnaissance. Stratagem. And, most importantly, the gun, cause what kind of elite soldier doesn't know how to use a gun right? Unlike the average gunman, Brom is pretty chill in the face of a direct threat ## long ## he is able to deal with it himself. You probably won't be chill if you get shot by him, because it'll probably start hurting. When the medic patches you up, he'll probably say something like "Yeah, this won't stop hurting for at least a few days." Don't worry though, he's a team player. He firmly believes that a task is best accomplished with no less than two. If you don't agree, then that's why you didn't get to be on the Wayfarer. Enough talking, though. Brom is ready to operate.
owningnoobs76
#212385061Monday, March 20, 2017 4:02 AM GMT

#### I pressed post on accident give me like 200 seconds
owningnoobs76
#212386545Monday, March 20, 2017 4:29 AM GMT

Freakin' SAM. I'll work on my datapad when I want. What kind of a name is 'SAM' anyway? Name: Bromi "Brom" Bromford Age: 56 Gender: Male Appearance: Within the many PMCs Brom found himself in, he learned that it was important to dress for success. First off, he stands at 5'11 height and with a slim, but muscular build. Rough, fair skin, black crew cut + stachebeard, and brown eyes. He wears a grey and black long-sleeved tactical shirt, olive tactical pants, black boots, and whatever additional military-grade gear an assault boy gets to have. In the field, he also wears a tan plaid desert scarf, sunglasses, and black tactical cap. You'll probably look at him and think, "Yep. This is what a military contractor in 2080 would look like." Personality: Though he appears absolutely ruthless to his foes in combat, he recognizes the importance of a well-coordinated team. To that end, his attitude is geared primarily towards keeping the team together and avoiding unnecessary disputes. I dunno man, we'll figure out the rest later. If you're worried that you will die at some point in the RP (because everyone knows that when you die, you don't get to RP anymore) don't worry because Brom will take the bullet for you. Had he done this about two decades ago, he would probably not be alive. Biography: Brom's Life Story: Abridged Edition So, uh, here's our fancy guy Brom here. Nothing special, aside from his decades of experience and his skill on the battlefield. Fellow soldier takes a look at the guy, and they'll be thinking "that guy, that's who I want to be within the next three decades." I'm sure his opponents would've had the same thoughts as well, if they were still alive. So anyway, he's growing up in America, and like we all might have done at the age of 5 or 15, decided they wanted to be something cool. Brom's parents consisted of a military man and a nurse. Soldier dad, of course, told his son "One of these days, Brom, you're going to serve your country!" He wasn't interested, and went down the path of doctoring. Didn't pan out so well, and it turns out his best option was to serve in the army after all. His service was pretty quiet, unless a third world war happened between now and 2080, but he did have to deal with the kind of stuff you see in war, like displaced families and messed up injured/dead buddies and such. He feels like he's not doing much in his current position, tries some military contractor work. And, believe me, stuff happened, and after a few months Brom soon became the top guy in most of his operations. His experience and skill reached the point where he was headhunted into multiple PMCs and do all sorts of stuff around the globe. If military wasn't his life before, it definitely was now, and it would remain that way for over thirty years. Now, onto Brom's skills and style. Reconnaissance. Stratagem. And, most importantly, the gun, cause what kind of elite soldier doesn't know how to use a gun right? Unlike the average gunman, Brom is pretty chill in the face of a direct threat if he is capable of dealing with it himself. You probably won't be chill if you get shot by him, because it'll probably start hurting. When the medic patches you up, he'll probably say something like "Yeah, this won't stop hurting for at least a few days." Don't worry though, he's a team player. He firmly believes that a task is best accomplished with no less than two. If you don't agree, then that's why you didn't get to be on the Wayfarer. Enough talking, though. Brom is ready to operate. Operator Class: ASSAULT! GET SOME! Personal Effects: His dog tags, patches, and other things of commendation from the something amount of PMCs he was in over the years. Other: OW. I was about to make him an absolute klutzy coward, but apparently we have to be the best there ever was. If SAM comments on the fact that I did the form in the third person I'll punch him.
BolramWolffe
#212386692Monday, March 20, 2017 4:32 AM GMT

This looks third personish Please insert coin to continue.
byrondude16
#212387732Monday, March 20, 2017 4:54 AM GMT

Accepted, owning. I think I'm going to waive the "best there ever was" rule for characters... it just lends itself to Gary Stus and Mary Sues. Anyone else writing a CS, feel free to do whatever with your character if you can justify them being accepted into the Initiative.
GearBlade654
#212388876Monday, March 20, 2017 5:22 AM GMT

(I may join.)
owningnoobs76
#212389863Monday, March 20, 2017 5:46 AM GMT

I hope the money's good. Not that I expect my guy to be part of the less than 50% that survive, but for a job as big as this he's either doing it cause the pay's hella good or he's just interested in the idea of paralel universes and stuff.
byrondude16
#212424382Monday, March 20, 2017 8:58 PM GMT

That'd be amazing, great. And owning, the pay's pretty incredible - you are, after all, saving the human race.
byrondude16
#212424408Monday, March 20, 2017 8:58 PM GMT

That'd be amazing, *gear.
Zynthax
#212434797Monday, March 20, 2017 11:45 PM GMT

Name: Samuel Reddington Age: 35 Gender: Male Appearance: A black tuxedo with multiple blood stains, with body armor under. A metal mask that covers his face, with a gun on his back. Black paints and shoes. Personality: A bloodthirsty soldier bound on protecting ANYTHING, for a nice deal of money. Biography: Samuel Reddington is a member of the world famous Reddington family, known for making some of the defining inventions of the century. He got the smarts from his family, but decided to work for the U.S. Army. Once he got news on the murder of the murder of his parents, he left the Army and was bent on finding the man who did this. This is when the protests arrived. And he boarded the Wayfarer to hopefully put away his past. Class: Soldier Personal Effects: None Other: TA
byrondude16
#212449874Tuesday, March 21, 2017 4:17 AM GMT

Tamer, denied. While yes, I'm accepting a wider variety of characters, I'm drawing the line at "murderer". There's no way they'd send someone like that on a long-term colonization mission.
byrondude16
#212486921Tuesday, March 21, 2017 7:55 PM GMT

Bump again.
Zynthax
#212538391Wednesday, March 22, 2017 11:23 AM GMT

@byron Samuel is not a murderer, he just wanted to find the man who murdered something close to him.
Zynthax
#213549339Wednesday, April 05, 2017 12:35 AM GMT

Can I be answered?
owningnoobs76
#213556536Wednesday, April 05, 2017 3:01 AM GMT

Byron pulled the whole "spend like 6 hours working on some cool stuff and then walk away because reasons" thing. People have done it before, it's definitely nothing to be proud of but people do it. I did it like twice, I'll probably try to avoid doing it again if there are at least four people around who are willing to put up with anything I decide to make.

chevron_leftchevron_leftchevron_left
    of     2