of     1   

musicandcupcakes
#218678470Sunday, June 11, 2017 10:27 PM GMT

Dear Roblox, I'm Music. I noticed that recently, you guys updated the chat with a feature that allows you to see if the person is typing/responding back to you. I like this, and it's just like real life messaging! I was thinking, what about if this occurred in-game, too? That way, if someone is chatting with you, and you are talking a little bit of time to type back, they know that you are typing. For instance, at the bottom of the chat box, it could say: (username here) is typing..." and the username of other users who are typing, too. That way, people know if the other person is responding back to them. I think it's easier so people don't have to be like "What?" or "Hey, did you read what I said?". I hope you will add this in the future because I believe it will greatly help the community of Roblox. Partly how I got this idea was from Discord. A lot of groups I'm in have Discord, so I joined the server. You can tell (on Discord) when people are typing, so you know who's responding. I hope you consider this idea, because I would love to see it, and I hope others will, too. Sincerely, Music
noobillneverbe
#218680192Sunday, June 11, 2017 10:54 PM GMT

You writing an OP or a letter? Honestly this should be optional because sometimes people like to take things back. I don't even really like it on the party chat because if I'm typing something in a party I feel like even if I change my mind I still have to say something.
musicandcupcakes
#218680643Sunday, June 11, 2017 11:02 PM GMT

I was trying to write a letter. Yes, I kind of agree with you. It should be something that users could change in their settings, maybe.
Jascha
#218680827Sunday, June 11, 2017 11:05 PM GMT

Support but I agree with noobill because he's kind of right it is a more exposed kind of communication and some people wouldn't prefer that.
musicandcupcakes
#218681242Sunday, June 11, 2017 11:12 PM GMT

Yep! And that's why after I read both yours and his suggestion, I think it should be an option that can be changed in your settings. Some people don't enjoy having this exposed kind of communication and if they don't want this, they should be able to choose and disable it if they don't want it. I hope that if Roblox makes it, they make it so that people can adjust this setting to their liking.

of     1