of     1   

ElijahPepe
#221256397Thursday, July 13, 2017 11:59 PM GMT

As a Roblox developer, it is currently too hard to manage, share, and use a consistent set of Colors. The Colors Panel is a panel (think Properties, Explorer, Script Performance) that combines a color choose and user-chosen color palettes into a convenient, consistent, and persistent location. Unlike the Color Picker, the Colors Panel will always be at the same place and can be used at any time in order to experiment with colors and save multiple named colors palettes. The Colors Panel has an Apply button to allows developers to apply the selected color to the selected property. The Colors Panel incorporates multiple color options in choosing the proper color. This includes value sliders, red, green and blue sliders, and a color wheel. Color palettes allows developers to have a consistent color palette across their whole game. Color palettes have names, can be chosen from a list of palettes, and can be exported/imported as different codes in order to share the palettes with other developers. The existing brick colors would be a a selected color palette included in Studio. The Colors Panel's selected color, selected palette, and list of palettes can be accessed by script. This allows for some of the following examples: - Multiple devs on a single game changing their palettes when they edit the place using a plugin. - Browsing and downloading palettes from the internet without leaving Studio - Plugin build tools having access to Studio color palettes, so that palettes will not be separated. This is important and a major part of the issue being solved. - Command bar or plugin automation using the selected color or palette (e.g. set all bricks of a certain name in the game to the selected color) If Roblox is able to tackle this issue, it would: - Improve my ability to find and use good colors. Even just color sliders would do this. - Improve my ability to use a consistent set of colors in a project. No more copy/pasting color values. All my UI colors will be together, all of my part colors will be together, and I'll be able to reference color palettes from past projects. - Improve my ability to share colors with other developers.
coltbarrett112
#221357645Saturday, July 15, 2017 1:02 AM GMT

Sure It is I, the returning boss!

of     1