of     1   

GETLOWDUDE
#221293316Friday, July 14, 2017 10:40 AM GMT

Hello, i'm pretty new to this forum and don't make threads often but if anyone with scripting knowledge could lend a hand or help me get started in the right direction would be amazing. i have basic knowledge of scripting but need a bit of help where to even start, i want to write a script that after a player spawns (every time a player spawns or respawns) they have to sit in a room every time they re-spawn for 30 seconds then a door opens, also would like it to display on screen a countdown. any help or suggestions where i should get started would be great, thank you guys.
GETLOWDUDE
#221321303Friday, July 14, 2017 6:46 PM GMT

Bump..
toggytokyo
#221324074Friday, July 14, 2017 7:23 PM GMT

First you should learn how to make a player spawn where you want them to. Next, learn about how to make an action happen when a player dies, and start a timer when they do. Then finally you can learn how to make the door open after the timer runs out. You can learn how to do these things on the ROBLOX scripting wiki.
GETLOWDUDE
#221331585Friday, July 14, 2017 9:02 PM GMT

Okay so for a script on waiting on respawn time something like this? What do i add to this script so if this script runs then it triggers another script to run? local Players = game:GetService("Players") Players.PlayerAdded:connect( function(Player) Player.CharacterAdded:connect(function(Character) local Humanoid = Character:FindFirstChildOfClass("Humanoid") if Humanoid then Humanoid.Died:connect(function() if Players.CharacterAutoLoads == true then wait(respawnTime) if Player.Character == Character and Humanoid.Health <= 0 then Player:LoadCharacter() end end end) end end) if Players.CharacterAutoLoads == true then Player:LoadCharacter() end end)
GETLOWDUDE
#221331685Friday, July 14, 2017 9:03 PM GMT

Correction* local respawnTime = 10 local Players = game:GetService("Players") Players.PlayerAdded:connect( function(Player) Player.CharacterAdded:connect(function(Character) local Humanoid = Character:FindFirstChildOfClass("Humanoid") if Humanoid then Humanoid.Died:connect(function() if Players.CharacterAutoLoads == true then wait(respawnTime) if Player.Character == Character and Humanoid.Health <= 0 then Player:LoadCharacter() end end end) end end) if Players.CharacterAutoLoads == true then Player:LoadCharacter() end end)
yin_yang
#221331689Friday, July 14, 2017 9:03 PM GMT

keep that other script disabled then once your respawn function reaches a certain part of the code, enable the other script.

of     1