of     3   
chevron_rightchevron_rightchevron_right

oggy521
#221416136Saturday, July 15, 2017 2:41 PM GMT

Roblox's letter and how much stupidity and trickery is contained within it. "Hello Developers," Apparently, this is meant for the devs. BUT NO, YOU ARE LITERALLY DESTROYING MANY GAMES THAT PEOPLE WHO MAKE SMALL GAMES ARE DEVELOPING. First of all, many games like blox cards do not have alot of people in it, therefore some servers will be empty and others will be filled with noobs. This will discourage people from joining smaller games and thus it will damage the developers' revenue. "Today we released an update that altered how server lists are displayed on the games page. We know many of you have questions and concerns about this update so we wanted to address them here. Starting today users will only see servers that their friends are currently playing in. Developers will still be able to see their games’ servers." The word "altered", you mean destroyed? THE SERVER LISTS ARE NO LONGER EVEN DISPLAYED, you only have 200 friends, and there are thousands of games. Listen, it will be a pretty slim chance for a ton of friends to be in one game so that you can have a variety of choices to choose from which server. "The primary reason behind this change is to prevent bots from scraping server lists and spamming users with friend requests and PMs, and also for scalability concerns since it takes a lot of engineering resources to generate these server lists. We have also removed the endpoint that allows users to see this list at all." No, the primary reason behind this change is first to stop first time devs from earning any revenue, second to make sure to have TOTAL control over which games their users are joining so they can follow up with more outrageous updates, and third so that they can save some money hiring workers to maintain things like the server lists so Caelestene here can have more money to spend at KFC. "While only a very small portion of game joins originate from the server list, we know that power users like the developers on this forum use the server list in a variety of other ways. This includes organizing clan events, moderating individual game communities and other functions that we are looking at supporting." No, not a small portion of game joins originate from the server list. That is only true if you count all those noobs who have been playing for less than a week and don't know HOW to use server join. And also the big games which takes hours to scroll through the server list. For small or medium games with less than 2000 people, the main way that people join would be server list. This is just another attempt of roblox to try and forsaken the good players and people who pay so that they may feel more equal to the noobs. Also, you completely destroyed organised clan events and moderating individual game communities by making it impossible to even join organised events unless you friend 20 or so people, which is hard for people who are short on friend space. "Please let us know if you have any questions, concerns, or other feedback. Please keep it civil – we would really like to discuss with everyone and accommodate the valid use cases brought up in this forum." Is this paragraph sarcastic? Obviously there will be a ton of concerns. "keep it civil", how can we be civil when you are trying to manipulate our activities and restrict our ability to join games? And nobody will be discusing with you, people will be protesting. And when was the last time roblox "acommodated" any valid cases? "Best, Caelestene." Worst, oggy521 ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Ok so, there was my response. Be sure to check out some of my other posts which tells other things. I am making this, not because I hate roblox or any of the workers there, but the fact that they are actively shooting themselves in the foot. Also I would point out, roblox is making these changes step by step, making them worse and worse, from the tix removal to the censor and now to this, This happened before during WWII, when the Germans (can't say the name of their party due to censor) began to persecute the Jews step by step, first taking away their sport memberships and their pets, to limiting them to curfew and taking away their citizenship then sending them to camps of death. This is exactly what roblox is trying to do, who knows what worse updates they will roll out later... https://forum.roblox.com/Forum/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=214686089 https://forum.roblox.com/Forum/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=214591733 https://forum.roblox.com/Forum/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=215490260
AwesomeRobloxMarc
#221416208Saturday, July 15, 2017 2:42 PM GMT

TL; DR VERSION ROBLOX IS ILLUMINATI
oggy521
#221416794Saturday, July 15, 2017 2:50 PM GMT

Now, I am noticing alot of other forumers doing the same, Roblox is just trying to test their power and trying to see how many bad things they can add and get away with it. It's like a child testing their parents patience and boundaries, WE MUST RISE NOW AND SHOW ROBLOX WHERE THE RED LINE IS, AND SHOW IT THE FINAL STRAW.
Nk3214
#221421541Saturday, July 15, 2017 4:00 PM GMT

Oggy, Roblox wasn't lying about the fact that this update was to prevent those scam bots, because the creator of the scam bots now enabled them to be able to join servers and try to scam people. But I do agree with you on everything else you said about the server lists, the update was poorly executed. Also, to make things even worse, a day after the removal of Server Lists, Roblox announced a flat out terrible forum update (read the news section of your messages and look at "Forum Update") basically merging these 3 highly active sub-forums - ATR, RT, and sadly OT. They claim it's to moderate the forums easier when they could've just hired more moderators to work in places like S&I which doesn't have moderation at all. Also, those 3 highly active sub-forums have different "cultures" and now that they are piled into RN&D, that sub-forum will be hard to moderate due to the fact that there will most likely be more than 10 posts per second and the fact that OTers will typically cause flame wars which will eventually lead to chaos. Considering your history, I don't want to support this thread but I don't find a reason to not support this thread. Support. - Gr8 b8 m8, you get lots of h8 because you d8, you're ir8, and you're ALWAYS L8, THIS IS YOUR F8. -
hboogy101
#221422516Saturday, July 15, 2017 4:14 PM GMT

awesome doesn't take this seriously at all. but i take this seriously and support it!
chatowillwin
#221422964Saturday, July 15, 2017 4:19 PM GMT

This guy is an idiot. ROBLOX isn't 'testing their powers' you unintelligent shrub. They're trying to get rid of the bots that people like you KEEP COMPLAINING ABOUT.
cybertester
#221423035Saturday, July 15, 2017 4:20 PM GMT

This guy is an idiot. ROBLOX isn't 'testing their powers' you unintelligent shrub. They're trying to get rid of the bots that people like you KEEP COMPLAINING ABOUT. [2] Also, you made a grammar mistake in the title. It should be "its" not "it's"
Eagleman443
#221423298Saturday, July 15, 2017 4:23 PM GMT

This guy is an idiot. ROBLOX isn't 'testing their powers' your unintelligent shrub. They're trying to get rid of the bots that people like you KEEP COMPLAINING ABOUT [3] My favorite grenade is actually the gun
Nk3214
#221423387Saturday, July 15, 2017 4:24 PM GMT

@chato Even if they're trying to get rid of bots, removing a feature that tons of people used isn't a solution. And yes, tons of people did use it. Just because you don't see so many people praising it doesn't mean it was never used. - Gr8 b8 m8, you get lots of h8 because you d8, you're ir8, and you're ALWAYS L8, THIS IS YOUR F8. -
oggy521
#221423995Saturday, July 15, 2017 4:32 PM GMT

You people have definitely never heard of the lady and the fly, Here's the story: There was an old woman who swallowed a fly, I don't know why she swallowed a fly, Perhaps she'll die. There was an old woman who swallowed a spider, That wriggled and jiggled and tickled in######e####She swallowed the spider to catch the fly, I don't know why she swallowed the fly, Perhaps she'll die. There was an old woman who swallowed a bird, How absurd! to swallow a bird, She swallowed the bird to catch the spider, That wriggled and jiggled and tickled in######e####She swallowed the spider to catch the fly, I don't know why she swallowed the fly, Perhaps she'll die. There was an old woman who swallowed a cat, Imagine that! to swallow a cat, She swallowed the cat to catch the bird, She swallowed the bird to catch the spider, That wriggled and jiggled and tickled in######e####She swallowed the spider to catch the fly, I don't know why she swallowed the fly, Perhaps she'll die. There was an old woman who swallowed a dog, What a hog! to swallow a dog, She swallowed the dog to catch the cat, She swallowed the cat to catch the bird, She swallowed the bird to catch the spider, That wriggled and jiggled and tickled in######e####She swallowed the spider to catch the fly, I don't know why she swallowed the fly, Perhaps she'll die. There was an old woman who swallowed a goat, Just opened her throat! to swallow a goat, She swallowed the goat to catch the dog, She swallowed the dog to catch the cat, She swallowed the cat to catch the bird, She swallowed the bird to catch the spider, That wriggled and jiggled and tickled in######e####She swallowed the spider to catch the fly, I don't know why she swallowed the fly, Perhaps she'll die. There was an old woman who swallowed a cow, I don't know how she swallowed a cow! She swallowed the cow to catch the goat, She swallowed the goat to catch the dog, She swallowed the dog to catch the cat, She swallowed the cat to catch the bird, She swallowed the bird to catch the spider, That wriggled and jiggled and tickled in######e####She swallowed the spider to catch the fly, I don't know why she swallowed the fly, Perhaps she'll die. There was an old woman who swallowed a horse, She's dead—of course! Roblox is gonna die-of course!
Nk3214
#221424420Saturday, July 15, 2017 4:38 PM GMT

Oggy, I don't agree with you that Roblox will die soon, but what I do know is that a ton of players are gonna quit due to the forum update. - Gr8 b8 m8, you get lots of h8 because you d8, you're ir8, and you're ALWAYS L8, THIS IS YOUR F8. -
oggy521
#221424524Saturday, July 15, 2017 4:39 PM GMT

The scam bots are easily removed by raising awareness, and also finding the root source of the problem and persecuting those people who make these scams. It's the fault of the noob who accepts the scams, not the fault of normal people who want to play a normal game, so why is roblox punishing us by removing the server lists?
SnowyThePyroBear
#221424625Saturday, July 15, 2017 4:41 PM GMT

Roblox is not dying anytime soon, and whoever says they're going to quit Roblox just because of the forums sub-forums being taken down. They don't know what the meaning of Games is.
Nk3214
#221424641Saturday, July 15, 2017 4:41 PM GMT

@oggy Or it's probably just Roblox thinking that kids will fall for those scams that the bots post when Roblox really is wrong But either explanation seems reasonable - Gr8 b8 m8, you get lots of h8 because you d8, you're ir8, and you're ALWAYS L8, THIS IS YOUR F8. -
10MilesWide
#221424775Saturday, July 15, 2017 4:43 PM GMT

>b-b-but roadblocks is trying to get rid of bots! Because bots can't just get a list of users from popular groups, recently updated models, or someone's friends (and then their friends, and on and on) ##tard logic these idiots think whatever roadblocks tells them to think
Nk3214
#221424807Saturday, July 15, 2017 4:43 PM GMT

@Snowy No, you don't understand. Those people who say they'll quit if the forum update is implemented are tired of Roblox making terrible updates, so assuming that Roblox will get worse as time passes by, they make their decision. And yes they know what games are - Gr8 b8 m8, you get lots of h8 because you d8, you're ir8, and you're ALWAYS L8, THIS IS YOUR F8. -
CrushingSword
#221424910Saturday, July 15, 2017 4:44 PM GMT

"This guy is an idiot. ROBLOX isn't 'testing their powers' you unintelligent shrub. They're trying to get rid of the bots that people like you KEEP COMPLAINING ABOUT. " 1st°) by removing features ? 2nd°) no.
w_armaster
#221425860Saturday, July 15, 2017 4:56 PM GMT

This thread is the OTHER extreme. While ROBLOX isn't doing things for the reason you're saying, and they're actually trying to remove spam bots, the issue here is that they won't listen to the suggestions and ideas of the community. Here are the real issues here: - No beta testing/warning - No survey or way to check community approval - After the failed update, does not listen to the backlash - Does not listen to community suggestions - Does not implement any improvements or fixes 2 days post-update THESE are the issues. Clearly, ROBLOX doesn't care enough to fix anything they've messed up. ROBLOX, we understand that you want to 'work with the parents of players', but start listening to the intelligent ones from your very own subforum. Start being loyal to the people who make this community, instead of the people who fill your pockets and know literally nothing about how the internet works (from the perspective of children and teens). I get that this is a kids game, but obviously, the community has grown past 'kids'. You changed your module to "all ages" a while ago - start playing the part. Intelligence isn't found exclusively in 40-year-old minds that barely use ROBLOX themselves (parents). Intelligence isn't found exclusively in the minds of your devs. Intelligence isn't found exclusively in the RBXDevForum users. Intelligence IS inter-dispersed throughout your community. It's time you recognized that. Confidence is silent. Insecurity is loud.
oggy521
#221426465Saturday, July 15, 2017 5:04 PM GMT

@w_armaster The key reasons are not the roblox failing to listen to suggestions, anyone with so many devs can easily do as the community tells them to, but guess what? Each company has it's own goals, and their goals are different to the goals of their customers. The goals of the players are to enjoy in a great virtual platform with their friends, the goal of roblox is to get more money and influence. The only way to do that is by implementing more updates that can financially and influentially help them, and in order to make those big updates without too much criticism, they must be able to make updates one step at a time so the players are getting used to it, instead of doing one massive update, removing tix, removing forums, removing server lists, adding censors and so on, but instead they have to gradually implement those with one update at a time. It is like how if you put a frog in a pot of water and slowly heat up the water, the frog will always stay there until it gets boiled to death, but if you suddenly add boiling water in, the frog will notice and jump out. This is the same logic that is being applied here, the heat of the water is the roblox updates, and you and I are the frogs of roblox. We are just waiting for our doom. So that is why we need to spread the message and stop now before it gets any worse.
MrPhelps
#221427536Saturday, July 15, 2017 5:18 PM GMT

"Those people who say they'll quit if the forum update is implemented are tired of Roblox making terrible updates, so assuming that Roblox will get worse as time passes by, they make their decision." Anyone who quits because of the forum update is more likely quitting because the place where they spent most of their time on the site is being removed.
oggy521
#221429804Saturday, July 15, 2017 5:45 PM GMT

People will obviously quit...
nint_endo
#221429976Saturday, July 15, 2017 5:47 PM GMT

I use the server list for EVERY SINGLE GAME I JOIN. See you guys in Roblox News and Discussion
Eagleman443
#221431116Saturday, July 15, 2017 6:02 PM GMT

Also what does the story of an old lady swallowing random crap have to do with this topic? My favorite grenade is actually the gun
kawaii_bear11
#221431187Saturday, July 15, 2017 6:03 PM GMT

SUPPORT
oggy521
#221431691Saturday, July 15, 2017 6:10 PM GMT

The old lady is like a parable or analogy of what roblox is doing, or pretending to be doing. So, there's the problem of bots, but they use a solution that will bring more problems (like swallowing ###### ################ ###### animals). Hope it clears things up for you Eagleman443

of     3   
chevron_rightchevron_rightchevron_right