of     20   
chevron_rightchevron_rightchevron_right

oggy521
#214686089Tuesday, April 18, 2017 4:23 PM GMT

This thread is a follow up on my last thread: https://forum.roblox.com/Forum/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=214591733 In it I proposed the reason why roblox is worse than it was and how it can be saved. How ever, as of now, I really think there is nothing in the whole world that can save it due to the ignorant admins and the bad updates. This new thread is basically why I think roblox will not get better and why I am saddened by this. I hope many of you reading this can relate to this so instead of saying 'support' in the comments, I want you to say 'relate'. Thank you now enjoy the read: Disclaimer: Even though I am going to say some things that may appear to be attacking roblox, I mean it in a tone that is like an old man giving up life. I will try not to quit it and see the journey and see if my prediction will be correct or if roblox will actually correct itself (unlikely). Ok I really do hope an admin might reed (intended spelling error to bypass censor) this someday and might think it could improve roblox. But knowing the admins, they probably won't read it as they have no time since they need to patrol the strict censoring system and turn random numbers to hashtags. Even if some random admin who has time on their hands reads this, they would probably just ignore it and carry on ruining roblox. So here is my prediction: within three years, roblox will shutdown or end up like Clash Royale (dead and inactive). I know this sounds like doom and gloom, but one day, a better game will take its place, an actual platform for the developers to make games like Unity 3D but is easier to script and easier to share it with your friends. A website for the people to enjoy rather than a place which runs a ton of adverts and sponsored events for kids to raise money and then wasting all that money getting unnecessary filters to make the lives of its users a living heII. Let's face it, game developing is not for 6 year olds, I really do not understand why roblox still does not get that. The reason it was able to run for eleven years without shutting down is because it used to be a site for Mat u r e users, now look at the people filling up the servers of 'Prison life'/'Phantom forces'. Roblox claims it is growing bigger, well, I will tell you now, the fact it is growing bigger is due to the amount of alts/kids who play it for one day. Roblox never even mentions the people who quit it. I can tell you now, the community is worse now than it was a year ago, back then, there were great people: CoderQwerty (Blood and iron); vonBismarkIII (great mentor and player); YasuYoshida (Life of an Otaku-less active now) Ivellisse(best builder, although he lived a quiet life, he thought me everything I know about studios and scripting) and many other great lives who I was not able to meet. Everyday, I see my old friends one-by-one quitting and losing interest in roblox, They were all great people who joined at the start of roblox and helped me when I was new, now they are all going and getting replaced by 'bacons'. This really saddens me and that is one of the reasons I made this article, but now I realise my vision will never come true for roblox. Hopefully, one day, just one day, somebody might take this idea of this site, and actually make it for the developers rather than for kids. The thing about roblox is, after every update it gets worse and worse. Especially this new one that removes colour from avatars, Ok I know they want us to buy more clothes because they did not like the fact you can look colourful being free-to-play, but seriously. That is just another step along the ladder up to the diving board for roblox to shutdown. This is my rant and my opinion, if you disagree please tell me why and if you have the time spare a read at my previous post.
xLawOut
#214686271Tuesday, April 18, 2017 4:27 PM GMT

support
oggy521
#214686384Tuesday, April 18, 2017 4:30 PM GMT

Say relate please, this is intended to see public opinion, trying to sign a petition is useless as roblox will ignore it anyways.
iLoveFriedEgg5959
#214687628Tuesday, April 18, 2017 4:53 PM GMT

relate
oggy521
#214687804Tuesday, April 18, 2017 4:56 PM GMT

:D
oggy521
#214688122Tuesday, April 18, 2017 5:02 PM GMT

Ok, Roblox is doomed.
REDMARS12
#214688288Tuesday, April 18, 2017 5:06 PM GMT

You don't seem to see the sheer growth this game has. For every alt or player that quits there are 6 more new players to fill in the gap. The game won't shut down for a long time. When I joined there weren't even a million players yet. Now there are literally tens of millions. Even if half of those were inactive they'd still be doing just fine. And many players quit because this is in fact a kids game. Everyone grows up. I quit for a long time while going through college and I just rarely come back to maintain shirts or just see what's been added. As far as I've seen every update since I've joined has been great for maintaining the large player base. But trust e, this game has a long way to go.
Grendezvous
#214689406Tuesday, April 18, 2017 5:27 PM GMT

Relate 100% I don't think roblox will shut down any time soon but I completely agree with everything you said. I miss playing on Roblox from 2010-2014, but then I got older, busier, but I still check in from time to time because my little brother still plays it. It's really disappointing though, seeing how things have gone downhill. And it's not just because I've gotten older to realize how childish this game is, it's because of how everything's overkiII (dunno if that was censored). Every game is saturated in ways to spend more money, every game is a rip off of another, too many "hangouts" to "socialize," and too much detail in games to the point where it's overwhelming and mutes the real point of the game. And then Roblox fuels the community to keep going where it's headed, slowly shedding its older qualities (Logo, Interface, Tickets, certain user freedoms, etc). I get it, things change, especially after 10 years, but this site is completely unrecognizable and it makes me cringe.
mboy789
#214689503Tuesday, April 18, 2017 5:29 PM GMT

what if the new game is be made by roblox ~Cola and meal please, no bread~
oggy521
#214689763Tuesday, April 18, 2017 5:34 PM GMT

@REDMARS Well the thing is, nomatter how many new accounts joining, roblox is still losing its valued 'pros' and developers. You really cannot have a platform that allows users to create games to share to others without having any developers to make the games in first place.
oggy521
#214689937Tuesday, April 18, 2017 5:37 PM GMT

Also, sorry I made a spelling error in my original post. Where it says vonBismarkIII, it was a mistake and I sincerely appologise as it should be vonBismarckIII
REDMARS12
#214690414Tuesday, April 18, 2017 5:46 PM GMT

Losing the pro developers isn't as big of an issue as you'd think. The reason being, there will always be another "pro developer" to replace them. This game is constantly growing.
chatowillwin
#214690577Tuesday, April 18, 2017 5:49 PM GMT

" A website for the people to enjoy rather than a place which runs a ton of adverts and sponsored events for kids to raise money and then wasting all that money getting unnecessary filters to make the lives of its users a living heII" There is so much wrong with this. 1) There is absolutely no website you can use that will be free ( Like ROBLOX ) and not run ads. 2) "sponsored events" Most games don't even do events. stop being spoiled. 3) "unnecessary filters to make the lives of its users a living heII"" Why would anyone play this game if it were 'heII'? Like, you do know they can just stop, right? If it really is for some reason heII, they can just leave. "Let's face it, game developing is not for 6 year olds, I really do not understand why roblox still does not get that. The reason it was able to run for eleven years without shutting down is because it used to be a site for Mat u r e users, now look at the people filling up the servers of 'Prison life'/'Phantom forces'. " So much wrong with this too. 1) You do realize this site used to be more for kids, right? 2) The reason you don't realize it is because they all go to the more adult focused parts of the site. Prison life and phantom forces are parts of the site meant for kids. The older audience goes to the LMaD community, forum community, devloping community. 3) I find it hard to take what you're saying seriously considering you're probably a 10 year old. "Roblox claims it is growing bigger, well, I will tell you now, the fact it is growing bigger is due to the amount of alts/kids who play it for one day" No, their statisticis for player base growth has nothing to do with the amount of users. It has to do with the fact they are making millions more with things like ROBLOX cards, BC, and toys. Those things were never nearly as popular as they are now, meaning the community must have grown. "Roblox never even mentions the people who quit it" But, people quit every game. What kind of marketing strategy would it be to mention the inevitable fact that people get bored of the game sometimes, lol? "Everyday, I see my old friends one-by-one quitting and losing interest in roblox" Ever thought maybe they're just bored of the game? Fun things don't last forever. You acting like ROBLOX is supposed to last forever in everyone's life just proves your an immature kid. " replaced by bacons" " I can tell you now, the community is worse now than it was a year ago" Ever think maybe it's worse because of people like you who make fun of others and call them "bacons" simply because they are new to the game? "The thing about roblox is, after every update it gets worse and worse" Give me a break. Go play this game right now https://www.roblox.com/games/88135029/Old-ROBLOX-Experience-2007-Version-9-4-00 and tell me how much fun you have. Maybe for a few hours you'll feel nostalgic, then you'll be bored. But guess what? With their updates it's ( unfortunately ) kept you on this site, because you are actually enjoying them. Stop whining about them like a little baby. "Ok I know they want us to buy more clothes because they did not like the fact you can look colourful being free-to-play" Really? Huh. That's weird considering they AREN'T REMOVING THE 64 COLOR FEATURE. They are REPLACING THE COLORS with more modern ones to make the site look cleaner.
cybertester
#214690627Tuesday, April 18, 2017 5:50 PM GMT

OP is a stupid kid who can't handle the fact that his little virtual pixel world is changing.
oggy521
#214690664Tuesday, April 18, 2017 5:51 PM GMT

The fact that you said there will always be another pro developer made me cringe. With all due respect, the amount of older people are leaving faster than those arriving making it a non-renewable resource. Unless you think that 6 year olds can make better games than a teenager then the future of roblox will be something like armour games or bubblebox. All good gaming websites but what I think makes roblox unique is the ease for developers to make games and share them, this will not happen if the community is filled with toddlers. Also read my previous thread where I stress upon this topic https://forum.roblox.com/Forum/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=214591733
XxDangerousToxicxX
#214690696Tuesday, April 18, 2017 5:52 PM GMT

Lol oggy is dumb. ROBLOX isn't getting worse. you're just getting bored of it like everyone does of everything in life. Get over it.
chatowillwin
#214690811Tuesday, April 18, 2017 5:54 PM GMT

"The fact that you said there will always be another pro developer" lol I never said that but ok. "With all due respect, the amount of older people are leaving faster than those arriving making it a non-renewable resource" How do you know that's the case? I have never seen one piece of evidence to prove your claim that more of them are leaving. Did you not know that the amount of people DevEXing increased 400% in just the past year? ( src: ROBLOX interview with ###### ) "Unless you think that 6 year olds can make better games than a teenager then the future of roblox will be something like armour games or bubblebox" Once again, these are the games that ROBLOX used to have: https://www.roblox.com/games/88135029/Old-ROBLOX-Experience-2007-Version-9-4-00 Guess who made those games? Not teenagers. Guess when it was made? OLD roblox.
REDMARS12
#214690856Tuesday, April 18, 2017 5:55 PM GMT

The above reply covers most everything I'd ever want to say. The 2007 experience is extremely accurate and while it's nostalgic. It wasn't that great having red spheres for explosions etc. On that note, you've only been playing for a year if not less, so you really don't have room to criticize the changes in the game.
chatowillwin
#214690859Tuesday, April 18, 2017 5:55 PM GMT

Hashtag fix: "The fact that you said there will always be another pro developer" lol I never said that but ok. "With all due respect, the amount of older people are leaving faster than those arriving making it a non-renewable resource" How do you know that's the case? I have never seen one piece of evidence to prove your claim that more of them are leaving. Did you not know that the amount of people DevEXing increased 400% in just the past year? ( src: ROBLOX interview with forbs magazine ) (misspelled on purpose) "Unless you think that 6 year olds can make better games than a teenager then the future of roblox will be something like armour games or bubblebox" Once again, these are the games that ROBLOX used to have: https://www.roblox.com/games/88135029/Old-ROBLOX-Experience-2007-Version-9-4-00 Guess who made those games? Not teenagers. Guess when it was made? OLD roblox.
REDMARS12
#214690992Tuesday, April 18, 2017 5:58 PM GMT

Also the assumption that there will never be people who grow up with this game and become "pros" is a bit sad. The systems in place are incredibly easy to work with (Yes even for a 6 year old). People will always be making newer and better games as the game grows.
assassino123456789
#214691095Tuesday, April 18, 2017 6:00 PM GMT

ROBLOX is growing not dying, silly OP.
johnf78
#214691227Tuesday, April 18, 2017 6:02 PM GMT

I feel this should not be on the suggestions sub-forum.. The answer is 42
oggy521
#214692452Tuesday, April 18, 2017 6:26 PM GMT

Ok, so basically a random forum user tried to attack my post through insulting the content in it, here I will reinstate what I need to say and why your come backs are ridiculous The quotes in "..." are the things I said, the things in ^^...^^ are the things said against me and the quotes without any symbols around it is my analysis: " A website for the people to enjoy rather than a place which runs a ton of adverts and sponsored events for kids to raise money and then wasting all that money getting unnecessary filters to make the lives of its users a living heII" ^^There is so much wrong with this.^^ So first off, you made yourself look stupid by saying there is so much wrong when clearly I made enough sense for many viewers to say relate. ^^1) There is absolutely no website you can use that will be free ( Like ROBLOX ) and not run ads.^^ I agree with this, but if you bothered to keep reading instead of thinking up things to say against it then you might see that Roblox is wasting their money on employing people to look at everyone'# #### and seeing whether they should be censored or not, This really should not be the case. I do not dislike the fact that roblox runs adverts as I did not say it was bad, I said it because the way roblox wastes its money. i.e. getting people with no lives to monitor the censorship which is already broken
oggy521
#214692482Tuesday, April 18, 2017 6:27 PM GMT

^^2) "sponsored events" Most games don't even do events. stop being spoiled.^^ Ok, this just turned you from an average Non intellectual to a complete and utter spoon. (I do not want to swear). First off, ^most games don't even do events^, look, most games are bad and nobody plays them, the nearly all of the games which are popular has either been sponsored or will be sponsored by random companies. And secondly, like the adverts, I understand it is a means of roblox earning money, but the fact that it wastes it on censorship instead of making it better. I do not want to explain what will make it better as you can read it in my previous article if you click the link on above. ^^3) "unnecessary filters to make the lives of its users a living heII"" Why would anyone play this game if it were 'heII'? Like, you do know they can just stop, right? If it really is for some reason heII, they can just leave.^^ People do leave, alot of my friends have. People normally play this for a week then leave. And if you are telling me the censorship is not strict and it does not affect you at all and you can say numbers without it going hashtags then I appreciate you and will take you as a living God.
oggy521
#214692514Tuesday, April 18, 2017 6:27 PM GMT

"Let's face it, game developing is not for 6 year olds, I really do not understand why roblox still does not get that. The reason it was able to run for eleven years without shutting down is because it used to be a site for Mat u r e users, now look at the people filling up the servers of 'Prison life'/'Phantom forces'. " ^^So much wrong with this too.^^ Ok, this is getting hypocritical ^^1) You do realize this site used to be more for kids, right?^^ It used to be for kids, but for teens as the firrst batch of players were older people thinking this is like unity 3D so they can make games. ^^2) The reason you don't realize it is because they all go to the more adult focused parts of the site. Prison life and phantom forces are parts of the site meant for kids. The older audience goes to the LMaD community, forum community, devloping community. ^^ I do realise it, and are you telling me just because I am old I am not allowed to play fps games? Then why are COD and battlefield not rated as 13-? Also, the forum is just part of roblox, People really do not devote their lives posting random stuff on the forums if they are not allowed to 'play' the games just because they are too old.

of     20   
chevron_rightchevron_rightchevron_right