of     1   

moomcom
#222101610Sunday, July 23, 2017 5:39 AM GMT

Re: CaelesteneRoblox_Staff9d9 Hello Developers, Today we released an update that altered how server lists are displayed on the games page. We know many of you have questions and concerns about this update so we wanted to address them here. Starting today users will only see servers that their friends are currently playing in. Developers will still be able to see their games’ servers. The primary reason behind this change is to prevent bots from scraping server lists and spamming users with friend requests and PMs, and also for scalability concerns since it takes a lot of engineering resources to generate these server lists. We have also removed the endpoint that allows users to see this list at all. While only a very small portion of game joins originate from the server list, we know that power users like the developers on this forum use the server list in a variety of other ways. This includes organizing clan events, moderating individual game communities and other functions that we are looking at supporting. Please let us know if you have any questions, concerns, or other feedback. Please keep it civil – we would really like to discuss with everyone and accommodate the valid use cases brought up in this forum. Best, Caelestene. (This is not my post, im just reposting so more people know why)
moomcom
#222101703Sunday, July 23, 2017 5:41 AM GMT

FAQ: Why not use captcha? In the past, bots have found ways to get past captcha, and we found that captcha hurt the overall user experience. This also still doesn’t solve the scalability issue of the server list. What about group games? We are shipping an update next week (July 24-28) to give users with the canManageGroupGames permission to view the server list. We will also look into adding a separate permission that just allows users to view the server list. I use the server list to find a empty / full server. How can I do this now? We will see if we can add an option to the matchmaking to customize for server size, or if we can improve matchmaking to accommodate for this. I used the server list to do (insert action), how do I accomplish (insert action) now? Please post below or message me directly about this. We’ll add it to the list of functionality to consider.
Gradumon
#222101780Sunday, July 23, 2017 5:42 AM GMT

One of the ROBLOX staff said that the captcha do little things to avoid scams.
moomcom
#222101990Sunday, July 23, 2017 5:45 AM GMT

I actually dont really have any problems with bots though. Its because the are in the website, not in the game. Thats my top no. 1 concern

of     1