of     1   

vastqud
#227621402Friday, November 17, 2017 1:11 AM GMT

Howdy friends, It's been a while since I've been scripting, and I'm trying to get back into it. One thing that I really want to do is smooth weld animations for a first person shooter. The actual animations are easy enough to figure out; all you need to do is lerp between some pre-determined weld values. However, making the animations fluid, realistic, and reactive to the environment and physics will be challenging. I know that in order to implement "momentum" (for example, if you turn the camera, the object the fake arms are "holding" and the fake arms themselves will sway with the turn. This type of effect is in every modern shooter, and phantom forces does its quite nicely), you need to attach a spring equation to the arms/thing you are holding. The spring equation is explained here: http://wiki.roblox.com/index.php?title=Springs. I need some help with how I would actually implement spring equations into my animations. How in the world would I do it? If I wanted to implement momentum, how would I find the target point for the springs? I've tried looking at turbofusion models which have my desired effect, but it's quite confusing on how he found the desired point for the springs. Is the "point" that I'm trying to find a weld conn##################ween the arms and the torso, or the object and the arms? Sorry if this post was confusing, I'm really confused on how I could implement springs into animations to make them smooth and reactive.
soutenu
#227621553Friday, November 17, 2017 1:15 AM GMT

IK is used in phantom forces, not sure where you got that spring from
vastqud
#227621840Friday, November 17, 2017 1:25 AM GMT

You're right, inverse kinematic is used in phantom forces, but it has nothing to do with the sway of the gun and arms when moving your camera. Do some research, you'll find out it's a spring like the one I described that's in charge of the momentum of the arms when moving and turning the camera.
vastqud
#227622486Friday, November 17, 2017 1:47 AM GMT

bbbbbbbbbbb

of     1