of     1   

ignorabIe
#228429022Monday, December 04, 2017 5:04 PM GMT

It's okay to tl;dr this, but, I think it could open up some discussion. I'll be approaching this from two. points, Roblox as a development/game platform, and Roblox as a social platform, the social platform aspect will cover community changes as well. Roblox as a development/game platform has improved quite drastically throughout the years, a prime example of this being the front page, many a moon ago, Roblox games were generally very simplistic, you had some interesting games but many of them involved 'Survive [Insert blank here] , Ride a [Insert blank here] to [Insert blank here] , or Swordfight [Insert blank here]. Over the years Roblox has introduced numerous new features that have improved the building and scripting capabilities of users, showcases are examples of these improved building capabilities, and games such as Phantom forces (sue me) are incredible examples of revolutionary scripting on Roblox. Along with this, the introduction of features such as Developer Exchange that give many players incentive to sincerely learn Lua or implement the Roblox Studio to its capabilities. The development platform and games as a whole have improved, there's a much larger variety, the only issue possibly being some developers locking their games behind pay to win aspects, a feature really intended to give developers further incentive. The only major issues with Roblox as a development platform are the lack of ability to go through servers effectively and the loss of game genres. Roblox as a social platform has more or less remained the same throughout the years, the introduction of followers has made organization of your social aspect, haha having a social life on Roblox. Many forumers have complained over community managers banning or abusing their positions fail to take into consideration that despite the fact that many forumers are in their teens, Roblox is still a game intended and catered for younger children. Controversial topics or terminology can't really be used on a platform with a playerbase primarily of children under the age of 10. This continues on with a 'lack of community engagement' or 'Roblox not listening to their community' Although, the older community is a very vocal one, it represents a small portion of the actual playerbase of Roblox, Roblox community engagement has more or less remained the same throughout the years, and has not really improved or fallen behind, and 'listening to the community' is something a privately owned company really has no obligation to do. Sorry, snowflakes. The only real major issues with Roblox as a social platform is the removal of subforums, which did bring some communities together, and simplified things, but it did ostracize many players, the restrictive chat censorship system, which, fun fact is provided by a third party. If you've made it this far, thanks for reading.
CadenAlexGaming
#228429177Monday, December 04, 2017 5:09 PM GMT

True
XxSadnessxX
#228429243Monday, December 04, 2017 5:11 PM GMT

roblox improving is true but they did screw up hard making the 3.0 and 4.0
CadenAlexGaming
#228429299Monday, December 04, 2017 5:13 PM GMT

Well for once someone is NOT talking about roblox being dumb or something like that
ignorabIe
#228429300Monday, December 04, 2017 5:13 PM GMT

"roblox improving is true but they did screw up hard making the 3.0 and 4.0" Although I don't agree with 3.0 and 4.0 and am a fan of 1.0 personally, I think their direction of it was to help give the platform a fresh look, albeit a very unappealing one, but. It's pretty simple and appeals to kids, and that's what they're going for at the end of the day. But, yeah, the releases of 3.0 and 4.0 were mistakes, but not exactly something gamebreaking.
ignorabIe
#228429430Monday, December 04, 2017 5:18 PM GMT

Bump, and it's time for me to go to bed at 11 in the morning. Bye guys.

of     1