of     13   
chevron_rightchevron_rightchevron_right

Firruu
#23086965Saturday, March 27, 2010 2:07 AM GMT

The year is 2030, and the world is encased in ice... Well, not literally. The is the journal of a survivor; Isaac. As a foreword, I AM a modified human. I will go more into detail later. Do not let it change your opinion of me. Where to begin... The world, ten years ago, entered another Ice Age. Of course, we were not expecting this. The snow fell swiftly, and temperatures dropped instantly. Within days, records were broken, and it only got colder. People began to die by the millions, due to power outages, massive icestorms, and for too many reasons to list. Eventually this extreme weather slowed down. We were left with every country in the world being transformed into a barren tundra. Few survived, and survival was by no means easy. Until someone discovered BioWare. The finder of this invention figured it to be a simple medication, and began to sell it at local markets. Syringes of strange fluids for cheap. Machines that produce the serum more expensively. Fortunately, I bought my machine before people found out what BioWare did. People began to inject these needles into themselves, figuring that they had nothing better to do. These people became subject to strange behavior, and irregular emotional outbursts. Eventually the subjects went missing. One day, a corpse was found. A human female, but with one thing out of order... She had fur. Bodies were found in various places of people with strange mutations. Research was done by the few remaining scientists of the world, and it was discovered that these serums would cause genetic irregularities within the host. The needles that the man sold were prototypes, untested. The people who took them either died, or went feral. More typically the second. Work was done, samples used, and we eventually made stable genetic serums. They also sold more quickly than that could be made. They generally made life easier, albeit, obtaining the serum is difficult. Thankfully, I had my own machine, so I ran kind of a black market for genetic modifications. Mine were expensive, but of high quality. And as an extra note, genetic modifications are generally called EVA, for the first woman found (she had a journal on her). Evolutionary Viral Accelerator Personally, I only use a few. Satyrmod, for easier walking (if you don't know what a satyr is, it's a creature from ancient Greek mythos that had the legs and lower torso of a goat); third, transparent eyelids, and venomous claws and teeth. I am contemplating a tail though... Anyways, I should probably make a note on the factions in the area. There are the Ice Reavers (a gang of fairly high status), the People (the 'government'), and everyone else who gets caught between these warring sides. Oh, and I neglected to mention the Ferals who roam the barrens, killing everyone they manage to find (thanks to their improved senses). Settlements are fairly simplistic. The ones that aren't nomadic have the needed services. General stores, markets, gun vendors, etc. Weapons are whatever you can get your hands on. Be it cutlery, knives, or rifles. The People tend to have high powered weapons, so watch out if you have to pick a conflict with them. The Ice Reavers have weaker weapons, but are far more skillful. I personally carry a hunting rifle for larger targets, a crossbow for smaller targets, and three knives of varying length. Oh, I forgot to add; The People don't allow anyone with mutations to be part of their 'government'. If you go near a soldier from them, the soldier will shoot you if your mutation is visible. Well, this is the end of yet another journal. Maybe I'll make fliers with this information on it... It would be helpful to people... _____________________________________________________________________________ Well, yeah. This is technically post-apoc. But in a tundra rather than a desert. Meh. This is totally sandbox, so you can do whatever you want as long as it's physically possible. If you have a settlement idea, or other specific idea, please send it to me. No ubering or godmodding. The more genetic modifications you have, and the more intricate, the less intelligent and rational you will be. Story RPing only. If you have any questions, feel free to PM me. *To add to the experience, try to base the character around yourself. Personality, mostly. _____________________________________________________________________________ No character sheet, when you meet someone else, you describe yourself.
twigs181
#23087069Saturday, March 27, 2010 2:09 AM GMT

So there I was, walking among the snow. My ears hurt on the inside from the cold winds, my hands were numb, along with my feet. I needed shelter. I saw a small building that had the side blown out. Luckily the wind was blowing the opposite direction of the hole.
Phsyco9016
#23087929Saturday, March 27, 2010 2:24 AM GMT

I woke up, it was dark, but suprisingly I didnt feel too cold, even though I was only wearing a light jacket and cargo pants. I couldn't remember anything, all I could think was, (what the heck is going on?)
Firruu
#23088017Saturday, March 27, 2010 2:25 AM GMT

I lay flat on the snows of the vast tundra, my old, cracked binoculars held tightly in my shaking hands. Scanning the horizon slowly, I sighed. I had spotted no prey today. It was almost as if the animals were avoiding me. I noticed downwind of me was a small house, being battered by the gale. I decided it would be a fitting place to warm up. (I'm on the opposite side from you :P)
Phsyco9016
#23088076Saturday, March 27, 2010 2:26 AM GMT

(whoops, srry, the parentheses are supposed to be quotation marks)
TheHiddenWolf
#23088304Saturday, March 27, 2010 2:29 AM GMT

I had awoken in a small shelter. What had happened last night? All I remember is a white streak jumping on me, and teeth.
Phsyco9016
#23088512Saturday, March 27, 2010 2:33 AM GMT

Soon my eyes adjusted to the night and I could see almost as clearly as in the daylight! My legs also felt much stronger. "Ok, what's going on here?" I thought I tried to call out for help but all I could get out was a barely inteligable whisper.
Earl111
#23088642Saturday, March 27, 2010 2:35 AM GMT

(Is everyone genetically modified? Or is it just people who choose to?)
supersonic2000
Top 25 Poster
#23088671Saturday, March 27, 2010 2:35 AM GMT

"Heh. Wonder how long I've survived in this hell..." I mumbled to myself. It was a hell out here. I just had to be one of the EVA users. I had gotten my hands on some black market serum, and had myself put on an icy plane in the middle of nowhere. Atleast I had some warmth.
piecheese
#23088787Saturday, March 27, 2010 2:37 AM GMT

[i'll join on sunday if i remember k?]
Firruu
#23088839Saturday, March 27, 2010 2:38 AM GMT

(It's by choice. And let's not ALL start in the same area >__>)
Legogirl2008
#23088912Saturday, March 27, 2010 2:39 AM GMT

I walked across the frosty wasteland that used to be my home, I shivered, the world was so different now...
Earl111
#23088994Saturday, March 27, 2010 2:40 AM GMT

(Is it fine if I stumble upon a small settlement?) Arnold was limping through the tundra, he left the last city to look for a better place. Where he could be more helpful. Arnold was getting colder by the second, "Weather seems worse..." Arnold said, for the past days have been rather frigid.
supersonic2000
Top 25 Poster
#23089028Saturday, March 27, 2010 2:40 AM GMT

(I'm out in an igloo in who knows where, molded with a fox and mole. Not exactly the good life.) I had constructed myself an igloo, and was planning to get back to civilization. I had thick fur, and improved hearing and smelling. I could also feel my way through things, but, that wasn't needed at the moment. I needed to find my way back to some settlement.
Phsyco9016
#23089070Saturday, March 27, 2010 2:41 AM GMT

I saw the way out of the cave, and started running towards it, before I knew it I was running faster than I ever had before. more and more things kept supprising me. I made it out of the cave and looked around, I had no idea what day it was, heck, I could barely remember my name! "Finn," I kept repeating in my head, "Finn Torenov"
Legogirl2008
#23089204Saturday, March 27, 2010 2:43 AM GMT

I ran into an alley, at least the wind wasn't here, I started to collect bits of cloth and metal.
supersonic2000
Top 25 Poster
#23089338Saturday, March 27, 2010 2:45 AM GMT

I crawled out of the narrow mouth of my igloo. I had heard about small towns scattered across the ice, surviving by melting the ice into water and hunting down the animals around it. I was hoping to find one of those, hopefully one that would have some more EVA users.
Phsyco9016
#23089379Saturday, March 27, 2010 2:46 AM GMT

I looked at myself in the light, black cargo pants, black jacket, red t-shirt underneath. I wished I could remember what my life was like.
supersonic2000
Top 25 Poster
#23089445Saturday, March 27, 2010 2:47 AM GMT

I didn't care about my garb. All I knew that it was essintal. Thick fur coat, not the one on my skin but made, goggles, a scarf, some sort of fur lined pants, and gloves.
Earl111
#23089511Saturday, March 27, 2010 2:48 AM GMT

Arnold never was a great scientist. He was more of a 'fail' one. Anything he created turned out to be bad, or just plain broken. And as for why he was traveling, Arnold says he'd rather keep it to himself.
runescapian98
#23089545Saturday, March 27, 2010 2:49 AM GMT

I look at my frozen home with a sigh. Those were the good old days, running around my small town with my many friends. I tried those genetic mutations, I currently have retractable claws, a rough coat of fur, a tail, an dother traits of wolf-like creature including improved senses. Then, I had an idea! Try to recreate my town, or at least a settlement. I walk into my old home, sitting on the couch I once shared with many friends, and began making a plan.
supersonic2000
Top 25 Poster
#23089580Saturday, March 27, 2010 2:49 AM GMT

I thought back to my ice climbing gear. Quite a few ropes, strips, and picks. Whoever found that would get a nice payload if they sold it. Not sure if they would waste a collection like that. I scouted the area, checking for any settlements or sight of city.
Phsyco9016
#23089648Saturday, March 27, 2010 2:50 AM GMT

I figuered that I would have moore time to think about that when I found somewhere safe to stay for a while. On that note I started walking, hopefully in the direction of a settlement.
runescapian98
#23089749Saturday, March 27, 2010 2:52 AM GMT

I began searching for others to create a small settlement with. I saw a group of non-mutated humans. I walked up to them, to try and say hello, but they unleashed their firearms on me. Ducking and dodging my way to cover, I noticed a man with horns hiding in a corner. I ran to join him.
Legogirl2008
#23089750Saturday, March 27, 2010 2:52 AM GMT

I found a slightly broken mirror in a trash can, I looked into it, White short hair, ruby red eyes, ripped white jumper and black ripped cargo pants, I had almost forgotten what i looked like. I flapped my wings and sighed ( 0_o ), then I continued building a small shelter.

of     13   
chevron_rightchevron_rightchevron_right