of     1   

Soarion
#258448Monday, November 26, 2007 8:20 PM GMT

Some of us may not be able to play this game on a computer where we can install it. Such as, a library computer or a friend's computer who won't let you install anything he doesn't approve on his computer. So... I strongly suggest a stand-alone client that needs not to be installed.
MrDoomBringer
Top 100 Poster
#258568Monday, November 26, 2007 9:40 PM GMT

Installing is a little more complicated than just moving files around. What the installer does is add Roblox to teh system registry, which controls EVERYTHING in Windows, from what the Start Bar says to the color of the fonts. At the moment, Roblox is tied in deep with the registery, which is how it works off of Internet Explorer and how you save maps to your computer, and how you can easily update it when a new release rolls out. Also, a "Stand Alone client" wouldn't need the Servers, and Roblox needs to access the internet in order for you to view the games and things. In order to get it off of the servers, it would mean breaking up a LOT of code, which would take a very long time. Creating an isntallation-free client would be great, but it would be more work than necessary, and take time that the devs don't have at the moment.
Soarion
#259831Tuesday, November 27, 2007 10:26 PM GMT

Hmm... I have seen other online games embed their client into their site. This way it can still access the online files. When it loads it downloads needed things for the client to paly properly. Now, of course this probably wouldn't allow users to save their maps to their computer, but some of us may not want to. Some of us just merely want to play Roblox. :)
takahato
#9982917Sunday, June 21, 2009 9:57 PM GMT

Too much words :(
eap21997
#9983002Sunday, June 21, 2009 9:58 PM GMT

Nice job idiot! YOU BUMPED A FLIPPING 07' THREAD! Go rot in the Ban pit. *Speaking to Takahato*
takahato
#9983125Sunday, June 21, 2009 10:01 PM GMT

oops i bumped a 07' thread

of     1