of     6   
chevron_rightchevron_rightchevron_right

cyberzodai
#27758991Monday, June 21, 2010 8:33 AM GMT

Hello, Zodai here. I have suggested the ROBLOX RPG numerous times, and in my opinion, each one being more improved than the last... HOWEVER, this time, I belive this version has surpassed any other version by LIGHTYEARS, most likely more than 100x that. Robloxians, noobs, admins, moderators, famous people, fourmers and veterns alike, I give you... -------------------------------ROBLOX RPG - VERSION 6----------------------------- Now, I had some long story planned out about why most ROBLOX RPG suggestions fail. But I accidently deleted it, I can't explain how the above wasn't lost... Anyway, the short version of it is: ROBLOX is based on creativity. Most RPGs aren't based on creativity. People don't have the creativity to implement creativity into RPGs...UNTIL NOW. Now, pretty much everything will be player-made. I will discuss what is NOT player made after I discuss the area creation zone. ...Well, we already have the creation zone. ROBLOX STUDIO anyone? With some minor modifications, Studio can become the ultimate area customizer! When one firsts open the creator, they are inside of a BOX. This is called the creation zone. Players can only build inside of this box. The box is blue and semi-transparent to show the outside. The box may be non-transparent if the admins think it should be, but I think it should be transparent. The box is in the shape of a perfect square, and each side is about 3x3 baseplates large. At the start, players may put 3 towns inside of this zone. Players drag and drop, as with studio, all objects to the field. Players select a theme for their zone, which decides which types of objects, and the ground floor, even the skybox. Objects take up some OP(Object Points) depending on how much space they take up to avoid lag. You cannot exceed your zones OP. Now, for towns and dungeons. They are both customized in the same way as the areas. They take up a 4th of a baseplate in size and only 1 can be placed in each of the 9 zones. (Each baseplate sized area is a zone) So you can have 9 towns total. OP and Themes still apply. Same with dungeons. Now for monsters, and creation of your own themes. Multiple meshes come together to create the landscapes. Its that simple. Players drag and drop the wedges, spheres, blocks, etc to create landscapes across their area. The box given for this is 15x15 studs at the start. Monsters have seperate sections for each thing. arms, legs, body, head, etc. Drag and drop these to make the monster. Sizes of seperate sections are undetermined. 360 degree movement for the sections to create animations for the things. ALSO, these works for skills to. I mean the animations. Yes, you can make your own skills too :p. There's also an advanced editor for creating animations. Now, for the point system for monsters and skills, or MP and SP.(MP stands for Monster points, the MP meaning magic power in this is called EP, or energy power. Skill points are obvious, but learning skills is known as AP.) For MP, exp given, gold given, is known as RMP, or Reward monster points. and stats are known as SMP, or strength monster points. For each thing, RMP must not exceed SMP, and SMP must not exceed twice the level you gave the monster. For skill points, there are SAP, or skill ability points. Those add damage and special effects, such as poision(Admin-made, don't even think about making custom statuses, I can't think of those)or paralisys to the ability. SAP must not exceed LSP, or Learning skill points. LSP is determined by the Level+SP to learn(10). Animations are the same as the monster animation maker, except the fact that instead of a monster body its the players body. Skills can be learned by all, and everyone can see the stats before using them. NOW. For some more stuff. Time for something I like to call BP, or builder points! This is a currency for ROBLOX RPG. Basically, you get it when people enter your zone, and can be spent on things such as a larger building zone, multi-limbed monsters, etc. I think you see the point now. And now, for BLADERS CLUB. The equivelant of builders club in the RPG, it gives you 10 areas to build in, adds 2x2 to the thing, meaning 3x3 turns into 5x5, gives you more BP when people enter your zone, and increases exp curve for playing in other peoples zones, meaning you get 1%+ from what they first set, probably higher, more gold curve, etc. You also can learn skills that are 10 levels above your current level! Now, for some notes... -For dungeons, the minimum level required to enter is the average of all the monsters in the dungeon, either divided by 2 or minus 10, whichever is less of a decrease. -Non-player made stuff is areas that are within the storyline, and areas the admins made, which technichally sets them apart from player made. -Tutorials for each thing, to make it not-confusing... -Players will have elbows and knees to make better animations. Now, the only drawbacks I can see is a need for a server to accomidate 1000 players at once at the most, either that or a limit of the people in one zone at a time. Probably both. I hope there can at least be 100 people in a zone at a time. More drawbacks would be having to edit ROBLOX studio, and having to make a good battle system. THE ROBLOX THAT IS HERE NOW WILL STAY!!!!!!!!!REMEMBER THAT!!!!! Now, I will answer any questions you have, since this was kinda long... TL;DR VERSION. Make the maps, the dungeons, the monsters, the skills, the just about everything. Cost and time-efficent, best version of an RPG suggestion to date. So, what do you guys think?
Melting
#27759540Monday, June 21, 2010 9:20 AM GMT

Too much to read in my opinion. Quite boring.
cyberzodai
#27759555Monday, June 21, 2010 9:22 AM GMT

There's a TL;DR version at the bottom. And I can see that might be a bit much, took me about half an hour to write XD.
Notunknown99
#27760212Monday, June 21, 2010 11:10 AM GMT

It seems good but ROBLOX isnt an RPG.
cyberzodai
#27787447Monday, June 21, 2010 8:59 PM GMT

I said this wouldn't affect the current ROBLOX at all. Its gonna be a totally different game.
Notunknown99
#27788031Monday, June 21, 2010 9:09 PM GMT

Still not an RPG. It would be expensive to run (Id say you would have to pay money to run the game), possibly hard to make but it could be made simpler (But then not as effective), but it would probably be fun.
nvojpo
#27788115Monday, June 21, 2010 9:10 PM GMT

Tl;dr
cyberzodai
#27788214Monday, June 21, 2010 9:12 PM GMT

...Sometimes, people totally miss the point of this stuff... In the thing, AREAS are like PLACES. They would only need servers to only accomidate 100 people at one area, instead of OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAND people like most RPG suggestions do. The server update would be smaller than it would usually be. If we're lucky, they'll use the same update on the servers of the CURRENT ROBLOX, which would decrease lag in THIS roblox as well.
Notunknown99
#27788230Monday, June 21, 2010 9:12 PM GMT

@nvojpo: Noob. If its too long for your brain to handle dont bother posting.
Notunknown99
#27788279Monday, June 21, 2010 9:13 PM GMT

Oh I get the point. You made a brilliant suggestion but I dont really think it adds up.
cyberzodai
#27788286Monday, June 21, 2010 9:13 PM GMT

@Nvo Read the TL;DR version at the bottom.
Vixxen
#27788603Monday, June 21, 2010 9:18 PM GMT

I concur. It would be fun... But most people do not want/like RPgs, will normal places still be here? I support.
Notunknown99
#27788669Monday, June 21, 2010 9:19 PM GMT

It would be epik. But due to the fact that ROBLOX isnt an RPG I dont support
cyberzodai
#27788729Monday, June 21, 2010 9:20 PM GMT

Yeah. Normal places will still be here. I said that in the first post XP.
cyberzodai
#27788786Monday, June 21, 2010 9:21 PM GMT

@Notunknown It will be a completely different game XD. For the 3rd time...
Notunknown99
#27789626Monday, June 21, 2010 9:34 PM GMT

I know but ROBLOX wasnt meant to be an RPG at the start. However, this would be an AWESOME idea!
Vixxen
#27789838Monday, June 21, 2010 9:37 PM GMT

WOULD be a good idea? It IDS a good idea. It can save your progress. :3 You wouldn't need a freaking code that I always lose! >.>;;
Vixxen
#27789898Monday, June 21, 2010 9:38 PM GMT

*is*
Notunknown99
#27789972Monday, June 21, 2010 9:39 PM GMT

It just isnt ROBLOXy. Its probably also scriptable
cyberzodai
#27790380Monday, June 21, 2010 9:45 PM GMT

If it were scripted, not only would it cause a lot of lag, BUT you wouldn't be able to make your own maps, skills, monsters, etc as stated in the thing. Bladers club wouldn't be able to exist, along with a whole ton of other things. In other words, the full effect of what is being tried to obtain is unobtainable with scripting alone.
cyberzodai
#27790432Monday, June 21, 2010 9:46 PM GMT

And notunknown, the graphics will pretty much stay the same, so it will still feel pretty much like ROBLOX.
Notunknown99
#27790548Monday, June 21, 2010 9:48 PM GMT

if it causes alot of lag with scripts (and 20 people) then it will cause lag the way your saying it (with 20 people NOT 100). You can script RPG engines (I made an inventory) you can make maps (But not like you say :P but there are suggestions for it) you can make monsters easily. Bladers club is mad. Also a VIP shirt would work.
cyberzodai
#27791811Monday, June 21, 2010 10:10 PM GMT

For the first thing, ROBLOX will need better servers to support 100 people in one area/place. Most RPG things take OVER NINE THOUSAND people in one server, so this is a more cost-efficent thing. Second off, I don't mean the menus. I mean the actual ENGINE. Like turn-based, real-time, that kind of stuff. Hotkeys and stuff will also have to be put into it. Third off, there needs to be a system for the maps, AND the dungeons, the monsters, skills, not to mention an animation making system for the monsters and skills. Too much for the average ROBLOXian. It might take xLEGOx, Telamon, Builderman, and a lot of other admins at least a month to make the animations and stuff. Still some time, but the others usually take longer, so thats an improvment. Lastly, Bladers club is the builders club equivelant of the RPG. This would help ROBLOX gain funds from this as well, increasing the chances of it being accepted and being made real. And also, the monsters shouldn't be the lame mere humaniod-looking one, thats WAY to overused. Animations for the monsters is the big part that cannot be done to make this, along with skill animations. This part MIGHT be possible with some C-framing, but it would take days just to do 1 skill with average C-framing. This will make that MUCH easier. Not to mention there's some stuff that still can't be done with average scripting. -The map size limits can easily be exceeded. -OP, and all the other points can be exceeded. And more stuff too. This just isn't possible with average scripting.
Sasuke10755
#27792131Monday, June 21, 2010 10:15 PM GMT

oho, sounds pretty cool!
Notunknown99
#27792237Monday, June 21, 2010 10:17 PM GMT

I support but it wont happen. Also I think REAL RPGs dont render all the players or all the map, just render the map in boxes

of     6   
chevron_rightchevron_rightchevron_right