cyberzodai
#27792549Monday, June 21, 2010 10:21 PM GMT

Thats cause that uses Hybrid servers. I don't think a hybrid server is possible with a lot of player made stuff. MAYBE its possible with the RPG, but that would be pretty tough to change it into hybrid server format. If they can make something like that even though they can't change it to hybrid servers, then I support. And each zone is like one of those boxes. In that way, its already like that.
maxus
#27792594Monday, June 21, 2010 10:22 PM GMT

Support. Read this,admins. -Eight miles above the earth's surface is NOT a defendable position for a whale-
LordDarkBlox
#27792602Monday, June 21, 2010 10:22 PM GMT

If roblox was an rpg, it would suck. Sorry, no support! ${ An idea is an idea, and a noob is a noob}$
cyberzodai
#27792839Monday, June 21, 2010 10:25 PM GMT

@Lord FOR THE 4TH TIME, ITS GONNA BE A TOTALLY DIFFERENT GAME!!! Sorry, I just needed to say that XP.
cyberzodai
#27793173Monday, June 21, 2010 10:30 PM GMT

And also, the admins could request help from the community. Which would lead to more people helping to make it, and a better game overall. Like some monster models at the start of it, then the admins add animations to the monster models, and they use those for some 50 areas at the start of when its made or something.
Chocobofan3
#27794360Monday, June 21, 2010 10:49 PM GMT

This seems like a GREAT idea! But would that mean like, animations for your Robloxian? I have A LOT of suggestions for this so I put them in a neat little Fassion here :P : 1.Would this mean exclusive RPG character items 2. (didn't really uderstand some parts) Would this have a main story and user generated parts to it? 3.(oops Iv'e been posting questions, oh well.) How about the many, many, levels created by players would this be in an seperate area of the game? or somehow in the Story? <--- probably not. I gtg so I'll post more later
maxus
#27797857Monday, June 21, 2010 11:49 PM GMT

Bump
Kevinyock
#27798185Monday, June 21, 2010 11:55 PM GMT

dont suggest this,If this happen we end up with pathetic skills and even places with stupid resource and you can do it in your place and it call scriptable
cyberzodai
#27804259Tuesday, June 22, 2010 1:40 AM GMT

@Chocobo 1.Would this mean exclusive RPG character items Now that you mention it, I'm not sure. I mean, besides the basics. There WILL be sellable equipment like in all RPGs, however they won't change the charecter look. Your RPG account will be linked to your ROBLOX account, and your RPG char will look the same as your ROBLOX char. In order to make better animations, arms and legs will be split, in elbows and knees. Thats about as close to "Realness" I would like this to be. Its possible that Bladers club members will be able to sell running animations, and maybe more. Monsters, objects, etc will be put into a free models of the RPG. yes, this will have that too. Skills will be avalible to all chars. Players will also be able to make them, and they will end up in the thing. It might be kinda hard for a skill tree to be implemented, but if possible that may be the format it is in, 2. (didn't really uderstand some parts) Would this have a main story and user generated parts to it? Not quite. There will be a main story, and the main story takes place in the admin made areas. Quests as well. Players can make their OWN storylines, however they can only span their own areas. Quests as well. I forgot to mention, but with the town editor, people can make their own buildings, and NPCs as well. NPC dailolouge can be added as well. Storylines and quests are only in the advanced editors. 3.(oops Iv'e been posting questions, oh well.) How about the many, many, levels created by players would this be in an seperate area of the game? or somehow in the Story? <--- probably not. I did not understand that 3rd question. Could you explain it a bit clearly?
cyberzodai
#27808847Tuesday, June 22, 2010 2:55 AM GMT

Bump.
peanutbutter54
#27809139Tuesday, June 22, 2010 3:00 AM GMT

Boring! *zzz* clever though.
cyberzodai
#27810955Tuesday, June 22, 2010 3:39 AM GMT

Bump.
screamjack
#27811811Tuesday, June 22, 2010 4:01 AM GMT

So basically its a WHOLE NEW CREATION ENGINE. More or less a whole new online game... Other than that it sounds a little like script skipping...
cyberzodai
#27816001Tuesday, June 22, 2010 6:23 AM GMT

Not a whole new creation engine. Studio can merely be edited to fit what we need. Its still ROBLOX, graphics, creativity and all, mainly just that this is an RPG zone. I don't get the 3rd part XD.
cyberzodai
#27817882Tuesday, June 22, 2010 7:37 AM GMT

Bump.
BrickHead91
#27837505Tuesday, June 22, 2010 6:47 PM GMT

Cyber, this is possibly the best idea ever. Ya know, it wuold be awesome if it were like this. But, people will want to play games like the original roblox. Why not just make another website called "RobloxRPG.com" THEN we can import this idea.
Notunknown99
#27837970Tuesday, June 22, 2010 6:55 PM GMT

It might not be clear but I support, even though there are a few flaws with it (Also, in my place Trap Brickbattle (I cant be bothered to change the name) the players have Elbows and Knees but shirts die) Also BEFORE roblox makes an RPG they have to finish ROBLOX itself
Pyyre
#27838390Tuesday, June 22, 2010 7:03 PM GMT

Eh, I like ROBLOX the way it is. I don't want any change of any sort.
cyberzodai
#27849118Tuesday, June 22, 2010 9:47 PM GMT

@Brickhead. Thats been stated 4 TIMES already in this thread. Although, I was thinking more along the lines of roblox.rpg.com, or roblox.com/rpg and there could be a link above tix and robux linking from one site to the next. @Notunknown ROBLOX is an MMO. It will never be "Finished". @Pyyre It will be a totally different site, as brickhead and I stated.
cyberzodai
#27852566Tuesday, June 22, 2010 10:37 PM GMT

Bump.
Greenbeanz
#27853982Tuesday, June 22, 2010 10:57 PM GMT

Scriptable. topic ended.
cyberzodai
#27854429Tuesday, June 22, 2010 11:03 PM GMT

Topic NOT ENDED. You should've read THIS POST. "For the first thing, ROBLOX will need better servers to support 100 people in one area/place. Most RPG things take OVER NINE THOUSAND people in one server, so this is a more cost-efficent thing. Second off, I don't mean the menus. I mean the actual ENGINE. Like turn-based, real-time, that kind of stuff. Hotkeys and stuff will also have to be put into it. Third off, there needs to be a system for the maps, AND the dungeons, the monsters, skills, not to mention an animation making system for the monsters and skills. Too much for the average ROBLOXian. It might take xLEGOx, Telamon, Builderman, and a lot of other admins at least a month to make the animations and stuff. Still some time, but the others usually take longer, so thats an improvment. Lastly, Bladers club is the builders club equivelant of the RPG. This would help ROBLOX gain funds from this as well, increasing the chances of it being accepted and being made real. And also, the monsters shouldn't be the lame mere humaniod-looking one, thats WAY to overused. Animations for the monsters is the big part that cannot be done to make this, along with skill animations. This part MIGHT be possible with some C-framing, but it would take days just to do 1 skill with average C-framing. This will make that MUCH easier. Not to mention there's some stuff that still can't be done with average scripting. -The map size limits can easily be exceeded. -OP, and all the other points can be exceeded. And more stuff too. This just isn't possible with average scripting." If you had read the whole thread, you wouldn't have seen THAT. This thread shall go on!
cyberzodai
#27854492Tuesday, June 22, 2010 11:04 PM GMT

If you had read the whole thread, you wouldn't have seen THAT. Er, I meant... If you had read the whole thread, you would have seen THAT.
jmorian
#27854574Tuesday, June 22, 2010 11:05 PM GMT

Whats do you mean? are you making?
cyberzodai
#27854766Tuesday, June 22, 2010 11:08 PM GMT

? This is S&I. I'm suggesting the ROBLOX RPG. And could you explain that a bit more clearly, please?