of     2   
chevron_rightchevron_rightchevron_right

Aldar
#28871496Thursday, July 08, 2010 10:49 PM GMT

I have pushed and pushed for themes. Now I am suggesting that they create a new tab called "Themes" in the Catalog. On this tab you can purchase themes for your account. This idea is very big and will most likely take weeks to set up, test, put up, and then see how it plays out. From there on the Admins can choose what to do with this tab. They could create BC, TBC, and OBC themes for those users of those only. This would support my previous thread of creating themed accounts. So then they can put them up for sale. Go ahead and check it out as well! Link will be at the bottom. -Please post comments, suggestions, and ideas. I do support them creating themed accounts for FREE. I know it's a bit much but it's I think it would keep the NBC users quiet. -Please do not attack me all I did was suggest this! Link!: 1.http://www.roblox.com/Forum/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=26977298
Aldar
#28956755Saturday, July 10, 2010 3:27 AM GMT

Wow. You guys have nothing to say about this? Ugh... Bump (1)
hunter5778
#28956892Saturday, July 10, 2010 3:29 AM GMT

Sorry I dont support......
FractalCyclone
#28957212Saturday, July 10, 2010 3:35 AM GMT

[ Content Deleted ]
Halobear
#28957274Saturday, July 10, 2010 3:36 AM GMT

cmon bc only? dont give them more. make it for all.
FractalCyclone
#28957569Saturday, July 10, 2010 3:42 AM GMT

[ Content Deleted ]
za_pa
#28957745Saturday, July 10, 2010 3:45 AM GMT

Maybe only 3 themes for NBC, alot more for BC members.
FractalCyclone
#28957797Saturday, July 10, 2010 3:47 AM GMT

[ Content Deleted ]
TecmagDiams
#28959174Saturday, July 10, 2010 4:15 AM GMT

Agreed. Something suggested before but I don't remember where. They made a theme setup now they should use it.
OxXNIRVANAXxO
#28967141Saturday, July 10, 2010 9:08 AM GMT

i support this idea
eastside4life
#28969793Saturday, July 10, 2010 11:33 AM GMT

Agreed
Aldar
#29023683Sunday, July 11, 2010 4:41 AM GMT

Thank you guys for the support.
aII_cow
#29024081Sunday, July 11, 2010 4:50 AM GMT

awsome idea
soar2344
#29024486Sunday, July 11, 2010 4:59 AM GMT

as long as non bc'er get some theams thatn i am all in
Dragonite286
#29024988Sunday, July 11, 2010 5:10 AM GMT

This would be even better with a contest. Theme Designs Contest You would post your ideas with a decal sample on ONE THREAD. First Place-1000 Robux and their theme added for sale Second Place- 750 Robux and their theme added for sale Third- 500 R+their theme for sale Fourth- 250R+their theme for sale Fifth-100R+their theme for sale Sixth-50R+their theme for sale And so on or whatever.
omm
#29027586Sunday, July 11, 2010 6:50 AM GMT

Support
Aldar
#29050465Sunday, July 11, 2010 6:42 PM GMT

@Dragonite286: I see that this could be a contest. But simply creating themes by users would fail. And I am not in anyway supporting user created themes. Simply how painful it would be to see all the ones users have created. So I say no to your idea. Infact, I very well hate it. Bad idea.
Dragonite286
#29084902Monday, July 12, 2010 3:32 AM GMT

@Aldar If you think there would be issues of appropriateness of the uploads, the moderators check them. And I never said it would be JUST user-creations. I'm just saying that the community needs to get more involved. Look at TF2, the community makes hat ideas. And so many people play it. I don't understand why it would be so much of a problem.
Aldar
#29146090Tuesday, July 13, 2010 2:00 AM GMT

@Dragonite286: Read it and believe it, it's long. First off, not everyone on Roblox is some amazing artist. Infact, hardly anyone on Roblox can create pictures worth looking at. Because most of the users on Roblox are very young. They also don't bother reading or even following the gidelines so they know nothing of what is right from wrong until they get banned. Then when they do create appropriate things they still can't create pictures because they use the basic program that comes with Windows. Most decals that you see today that are transparent... Good looking and actually worth looking at are created on a not only FREE program but on a program like Paint.NET. If you want examples of bad artwork just look at the ad's to your top and to your right of the screen (If you have BC you will understand). These ad's are hidious and infact are quite crappy and often use the word "Noob". A overused term on Roblox. So, it's best to say that I am not saying that users will create inappropriate themes but more so of horrible and hidious themes. So don't tell me it's all fine and ok that we allow users to create there own background colors and images. Especially if they insist on making the colors of there account all one color rendering it impossible to see anything on there screen. If I was a Guest that was browsing Roblox and looked at people's profiles and saw that you couldn't see anything or that they had a hidious background I would pretty much forget even creating an account. So what if TF2 let's there users suggest hats. Guest what? Roblox does two! Haven't you noticed the up and occuring Telamon thread he started for hat suggestions. I can already tell you I saw way over 600,000 posts of hat suggestions. Most have become hats. But making this a contest, no. Allowing users to create there own themes, NO! It will save the humiliation Roblox will get if they create it. You may not understand but I have been here for long enough to know how bad Roblox's community is. I hate it. But there is nothing I can do to change it. So to save all of our eyes and to ensure that Roblox doesn't collapse I say no.
Dragonite286
#29153209Tuesday, July 13, 2010 3:53 AM GMT

@Aldar I see your point, but just because alot of players are kids doesn't mean they have no art skill. I use paint.net, and am used to it. And you are also being a bit stereotypical. There are kids who are mature and know right from wrong. And nobody is forcing you to take part in looking at every single picture. Ignore the ads. And if you quit/not make an account just because of pictures, then roblox doesn't need you anyways. Be mature about it, and just look at the stuff you clicked on from the first place. I have bc, and while the ad's can be annoying, it isn't a big deal. Ooooh, another bad ad. I don't care. And with the tf2 stuff, I didn't mean hat suggestions, I meant how the community was truly involved in the updates of the game. And honestly, I have the most to dispute from this part of your post: "So don't tell me it's all fine and ok that we allow users to create there own background colors and images. Especially if they insist on making the colors of there account all one color rendering it impossible to see anything on there screen." I didn't mean that you create a theme for your page. I mean you create a theme that ONLY YOU look at. It isn't like the obc thing with all the black you HAVE to look at. Another dispute: "It will save the humiliation Roblox will get if they create it. You may not understand but I have been here for long enough to know how bad Roblox's community is. I hate it. But there is nothing I can do to change it. So to save all of our eyes and to ensure that Roblox doesn't collapse I say no." You honestly think roblox will collapse from an art contest? And I have been here longer than you, so that sentence about it is invalid. I know roblox's community isn't great. That's why I want this contest. To help the community come together. And bad pictures won't "ruin your eyes."
Aldar
#29426730Saturday, July 17, 2010 1:05 AM GMT

@Dragonite286: Contests... I see practically no point in them. And the possibility of the staff creating it for other purposes other than games is very unlikely. I would love to see stuff like that. But the fact is I don't think the community will come togethor or participate in such a thing. But I doubt that we will ever do this. But again people would argue that "why can't the public see my beautiful theme?". And again I am not of course wanting them to create this but I am just saying. But y'know I don't care anymore. I'm just saying your idea isn't something I care about.
xeeno90
#29426856Saturday, July 17, 2010 1:07 AM GMT

SB UU PM PP O! R! T! ! ! !
Aldar
#29504275Sunday, July 18, 2010 4:59 AM GMT

Meh.
wardog276
#29504508Sunday, July 18, 2010 5:06 AM GMT

I would love to have BC, and get the benifits, but heres a remider: SOME PARENTS DONT LET US BUY BC! and I personlly can't afford it. It don't get a daily or weekily allonce like you peaople. and Im not so sure I support, BC or NBC.
Abaft6
#29504537Sunday, July 18, 2010 5:07 AM GMT

Support, but i think NBC shouldnt get any themes because then Roblox could use it as another benifit to getting BC

of     2   
chevron_rightchevron_rightchevron_right