of     1   

Quadrophenia
#32244001Sunday, August 22, 2010 2:21 AM GMT

I am Gageaz. Actually, I'm not, as of now. Gageaz is banned and I'm his alternate account. This is a list that is based on obscure but good albums and artists. You may find something familiar. You may find a great artist. No matter what, it's all good music. Our number one on the list is an album from the 90s that became synonymous with Super Mario 64 Machinima in 07 and 08... ----- ALBUM 01 Scatman John - "Scatman's World" John Paul Larkin stuttered. The results? A unique electro/house album filled with the Scatting he named himself for. The two songs you'll probably have heard are "Scatman's World" and "Scatman (ski-ba-bop-ba-dop-bop)", although this album is much more. "Scatman (ski-ba-bop-ba-dop-bop)" is pure nonsense to most people, although under his scatting is the tale of overcoming his stuttering problem and turning it into listenable music. "Scatman's World" is the album's opener (behind the actual intro, that is) and it introduces the imaginary kingdom of Scatland - a place located "between your deepest dreams and warmest wishes." The rest? "Popstar" is a tongue-in-cheek look at stardom, "Quiet Desperation" is about our homeless problem, and "Time (Take Your Time)" (the album's greatest song) is about his time in AA. Should you listen to it? Yes. It's unique, it's enjoyable, and it's always fun to at least TRY to scat like the Scatman himself.
Rekrapster
#32244853Sunday, August 22, 2010 2:32 AM GMT

"and it's always fun to at least TRY to scat like the Scatman himself." Been there, done that, lawl.
Quadrophenia
#32284466Sunday, August 22, 2010 6:51 PM GMT

Bumping this thread. More stuff tomorrow.
superdimensionmaster
#32286259Sunday, August 22, 2010 7:18 PM GMT

I'm listening to "Time (Take Your Time)" just because of the similarities in the title to David Bowie's "Time". Parts of it sound pretty much like "Scatman (ski-ba-bop-ba-dop-bop)" but better. Scatman John hardly does any singing in this one. It is actually somewhat vaguely reminiscient of Bowie's "Time", even though usually songs with similar titles sound nothing alike, and I'm not sure what it is that makes it similar besides the title either.

of     1