of     1   

RevolutionGG
#33658455Sunday, September 12, 2010 8:41 AM GMT

This is an updated version of my idea. ObjectName: Gradient Insertable in: GUI elements (TextBox, ImageLabel, etc.) Brick elements (Wedges, Seat, etc.) Particles (Fire, Smoke, etc.) And other visible objects. Brief description: You obviously heard of gradient before, haven't you? One colour smooothly changing to another colour. Why not make this in ROBLOX? It'll be like a ScreenGUI, which you can insert objects INTO. First, there will be 4 types of GradientPosition you can insert into. Colour, TR (Transparency and Reflectance), Surface, and Script. ColorPosition: It'll be a colour data which you can insert, and set position/size. TR: Similar to ColorPosition, but instead it's Transparency and Reflectance. Surface: It contains a data of PartSurface. Only insertble in Brick elements. Script: You need to insert a script to work, then set the position/size. ++OBVIOUSLY position/size must be within the element.++ Script will be used in complex games. For example: "If you touch this bit of the brick, this will happen". It's useful if you have a gradient or decal on the brick. Smooth tiles. Examples: (1) Let's say you had a brick in front of you. You insert a Gradient into it. Then you insert 3 ColorPositions and set them Red, Green, and Blue. You can make a colour linkage. Red-Yellow-Green-Cyan-Blue. (2) Like the first one, but imagine if you had another brick in front of you. You insert a gradient, but this time you insert a TRPosition. Then you can set it as one side of the brick being transparent, and the other end, it has a high reflectance. (3) Pretend if you had a ImageLabel on your screen, as a GUI. You insert ColourValue, then set it to Green, and Yellow. If you set it to both ends, you can make a Green-to-Yellow gradient. /This idea has been approved by RevolutionGG\ © 2010 Want to know more? Ask me. />яэvolцтioйGG<\
Waterlimon
#33658556Sunday, September 12, 2010 8:49 AM GMT

i dont see much uses for it, as it can be done using a decal, and the way you made it way too complex. they should just allow us to access the faces of objects and edit the colors (they use 1 color/part tho so it would increase rendering lag.)
RevolutionGG
#33658570Sunday, September 12, 2010 8:50 AM GMT

True. Thanks for reading.
PiezRus
#33659085Sunday, September 12, 2010 9:26 AM GMT

Support
RevolutionGG
#33659113Sunday, September 12, 2010 9:28 AM GMT

Thanks. />яэvolцтioйGG<\
DuVaLPwnT
#33659752Sunday, September 12, 2010 10:13 AM GMT

I 50% support. All you need to do is make it a bit less complex so everybody can learn how to use it. But it's still a good idea.
RevolutionGG
#33659992Sunday, September 12, 2010 10:29 AM GMT

|Part |--Gradient |----ColorPosition |----ColorPosition That's it.
McBlocker
#33665909Sunday, September 12, 2010 1:55 PM GMT

Support, but not the surface, transparency, or script. A better idea... Insert a "Gradient" color-value (only into parts) Have 2, vector3 color values to choose from (like fire) Have a choice of x, y, or z (this is the direction it goes) The transparency thing you can just put several bricks with different transparency values. And as for surface blending, un-important. It might LOOK cool, but that's not what surface inputs are usually for.
robloxkid08
#33666311Sunday, September 12, 2010 2:04 PM GMT

Can be done with a decal on bricks... I don't know about GUIs. I'm not a scripter. Either way. Fun. Support. ~Awright, who gave the zombie the TNT?~ ~Before posting, read the forum rules, and read the POST. -_-~
RevolutionGG
#33666564Sunday, September 12, 2010 2:10 PM GMT

Thanks for the new supports.
munjeviti1
#217211833Wednesday, May 24, 2017 3:27 PM GMT

Technically its already there, but you have to script it. ;)
X_Redemption
#217212079Wednesday, May 24, 2017 3:32 PM GMT

Support

of     1