of     29   
chevron_rightchevron_rightchevron_right

ZolarKeth
#35353129Tuesday, October 12, 2010 11:09 PM GMT

I have decided to start making a brand new game. I have been wanting to make a place like this for some time, and I have finally gained the scripting abilities to do it. The game's working title is "Keth Shipyards 2: Forgotten Frontiers", but this is subject to change. This game will be completely different from the other game in the series, Keth Shipyards. I have compiled a little FAQ section (although nobody has asked these questions yet). 1. WHAT WILL THE NEW GAME BE ABOUT? The new game will focus on explorers, merchants, miners, and pirates who are trying to make a living. It will be a structured sandbox game. Unlike the original Keth Shipyards, there will be a monetary system. You will have to buy ships, weapons, and tools. It will, however, focus around a shipyard. This shipyard will be all new; as in brand new ships. 2. HOW CAN YOU MAKE MONEY? There are two main ways to make money. This will be through mining and fighting. Mining will be where you can move from planet to planet, manually mining minerals from rocks you find on the planet. Once you get wealthy enough, you will be able to mine in space with specialized ships. The mining system is almost done. The fighting system will give you a certain amount of money for each kill you get. You will be able to fight both in space, and ON THE GROUND with ground weapons. This has been something players have constantly been asking for and I am happy to announce there will be a ground combat system in the new game. 3. SO WHAT ABOUT THE SHIPS? The ships will be brand new. We may see a couple ships from some of my other testing places and games, but for the most part it will be a clean slate. The ships will have HEALTH now. Instead of firing rockets that make explosions, the ships will all have a certain amount of shields that you can take out with lasers. Bigger ships have more health, smaller ships have less. There will be four classes of ships; Mining ships, fighters, frigates, and cruisers. The game is meant to be a teamworking game. Fighters will be single-person, frigates will most likely be two or three people, and cruisers will be for teams of people five or more. There will be 4 fighters, 3 frigates, and 2 cruisers. There will also be 3 mining ships. You can buy ships while you are at the station. The only ships you can not buy at the station are cruisers. These must be bought on planets that your team owns. This will be explained later on. 4. YOU'RE TALKING A LOT ABOUT TEAMS. WILL THERE BE TEAMS? Yes and no. There will NOT be structured teams. Players will start off on their own, wanderers through space. However, if I work with GUIs enough, I would like to have a system that allows you to create and manage a team. Teams will cost a heck of a lot of money to make, but they will allow you to control planets and build the largest ships in the game. 5. SO WILL EVERYTHING BE CLOSE TOGETHER OR SPREAD OUT? This is the best part of the game. Almost everything will be out of visual range from your ships. There will be GUIs that mark out important locations that you can use your ship to warp to. Every ship will have a warp drive. Be warned though, warping too far will probably cause you to lose your ship. Having everything spread out makes certain that nobody will be able to spawn kill or hold every planet in the game with an iron fist. Planets and asteroid fields will be spread out at vast distances that will only be able to be crossed through warp travel. 6. WHAT ABOUT ALL THIS MINING? HOW WILL IT WORK? You can start out with a small mining laser you can use to mine minerals on the ground. You will have a starter ship that allows you to fly wherever you want. Starter ships will always be free. Once you make enough money, you can grab a mining ship and start mining asteroids. There are five different asteroid types. Right now I cannot remember their names, but they vary in rarity and value. Rarer ores will be worth more money when mined. 7. IT SOUNDS LIKE A DARING PROJECT. WHEN DO YOU EXPECT TO BE FINISHED? This game has to be perfect. I want to finish it and never have to make glitch fixes to the game. I want everything to work as soon as it opens to the public. Therefore, I have tentatively scheduled the date of opening for the game to be in December 2010. So that's basically it. I hope you are all as excited for this new game as I am. Fly safely.
obliviongatelord1
#35356661Tuesday, October 12, 2010 11:55 PM GMT

This game sound really AWESOME!!! >:D but will there be a vip shirt and room in this keth ship yards? ---~obliviongatelord1~---
KeiranVhass
#35360847Wednesday, October 13, 2010 12:47 AM GMT

THIS GAME IS GOING TO BE THE BEST ONE EVER!!!!!!!!
KeiranVhass
#35360851Wednesday, October 13, 2010 12:47 AM GMT

THIS GAME IS GOING TO BE THE BEST ONE EVER!!!!!!!!
ZolarKeth
#35365280Wednesday, October 13, 2010 1:48 AM GMT

As for VIP, I am personally against it for the new game. I'd prefer to give everyone a fair chance and make it as realistic as possible.
calebbishop
#35365875Wednesday, October 13, 2010 1:58 AM GMT

Nice, Zolar. About, no VIP would be just fine. You do not want people complaining. How long, should this take? Keth Ship Yards was the 2nd game I ever played *Ever since I started again*
ZolarKeth
#35368271Wednesday, October 13, 2010 2:46 AM GMT

Well tonight I finished the warp system. I've also finished the GUI system so that everyone will be able to see where they need to go. The only things I need to complete are, well, everything else.
Melusar
#35369679Wednesday, October 13, 2010 3:22 AM GMT

wow keth this game sounds awsome. one question though how many planets will there be?
ZolarKeth
#35370031Wednesday, October 13, 2010 3:31 AM GMT

I plan on having eight planets. If this causes too much lag, however, it will be limited to six or so. I want it to be a very big system :) There will also be a star, which getting too close to will cause your ship to explode, lol.
ZolarKeth
#35370095Wednesday, October 13, 2010 3:33 AM GMT

Also, I would like to have moons on a few of these planets.
ZolarKeth
#35370689Wednesday, October 13, 2010 3:58 AM GMT

UPDATE: I have completed most of the space combat system as well as the asteroid randomization system... Man, I'm working a lot faster than I thought. The game may even be finished by November at this rate.
vincent1092
#35372732Wednesday, October 13, 2010 7:35 AM GMT

sweet seriouly this game will be epic and keth you should make a star wars x-wing for one of the fighters make it like 1000 creds though because it is fast and strong
JimmyBrick
#35374154Wednesday, October 13, 2010 11:31 AM GMT

I would like to help.
robotboy555
#35378880Wednesday, October 13, 2010 4:45 PM GMT

Sounds like this will be a good place, I hope it turns out well and look forward to playing it.
REDDWARFIV2
#35379281Wednesday, October 13, 2010 5:10 PM GMT

New ships? I want to make a mining ship! I like the idea of mining, and have a design.
Siniht
#35381022Wednesday, October 13, 2010 6:33 PM GMT

this game ill df be on front page i love the sound of i cant wate :D
ZolarKeth
#35386216Wednesday, October 13, 2010 8:29 PM GMT

I am sorry, but I can accept no help on this project.
REDDWARFIV2
#35387195Wednesday, October 13, 2010 8:44 PM GMT

Oh. A well. I'll build the ship for Horizon Shipyards. I built my own one. I still have to replace the drive systems.
smell117
#35391902Wednesday, October 13, 2010 9:49 PM GMT

This game sounds great! But I think a vip shirt would unbalance the game and give people an advantage to ruling that they did not gain honestly. So i hope there is no vip shirt.
ZolarKeth
#35392598Wednesday, October 13, 2010 9:57 PM GMT

There will not be a VIP shirt. An update on my progress. I have finished a few new ships, the warp system is done, the space combat system is done, the mining system is done... I'm honestly moving much faster than I expected. I still need to finish: GUI Shop Team GUIs Eight more ships Planets Moons Wormholes (possibly) The Shipyard Ground Mining Ground Combat
fish67op
#35393270Wednesday, October 13, 2010 10:05 PM GMT

Sounds alot like EVE: Online too, I know you play it. So, was that your Inspiration? Also, PM me, I Might be selling Illumina (Off Topic) Squigly~~~Fish67op~~~Squigly
ZolarKeth
#35393468Wednesday, October 13, 2010 10:08 PM GMT

EVE has given me ideas, but I have wanted to make this game even before I played EVE. I've actually only been on EVE for about six months. The wormholes are an idea I have taken from EVE, everything else is really my own idea.
simi337
#35399058Wednesday, October 13, 2010 11:26 PM GMT

EVE looked cool, just I don't want to pay for it. Will there be enormous ships, like Star Destroyers? I know alot of people have been asking about large ships. It sounds like a game I've played before though, like exactly the same, people on teams mine or fight for money, and at the home planets you can buy ships...
ZolarKeth
#35400077Wednesday, October 13, 2010 11:41 PM GMT

The difference here is that there are no teams unless you choose to create them. And there are no "home planets", only planets that can be captured. Enormous ships no, large ships yes. Nothing too big, but the largest ship in the game will be a Team Ship that will only be buildable on planets. It has six turrets, as well.
Vestarium
#35401187Wednesday, October 13, 2010 11:54 PM GMT

umg umg umg I loved the first one. SEcond one naaao

of     29   
chevron_rightchevron_rightchevron_right