of     1   

Andalf
#37767812Sunday, November 28, 2010 2:12 PM GMT

Okay, so since I formatted and reinstalled windows and upgraded to SP3 for developer needs I've been having trouble. -No messaging -Disconnecting -Unable to use studio -etc I've noticed I'm not the only one having this problem. My sister has SP2, roblox runs fine, my dad, Win7 he has no problems. Why is it I check through these forums every day for an answer and only see that others are encountering the same problems and all have one combining similarity, these problems seem to occur to those running WinXP SP3, is there a problem with SP3? I need it for my work and therefore can't remove it and if it is SP3 then it needs fixing, else I won't be able to play roblox anymore. Before I reinstalled windows I was running SP2 and had no problems. Other specs that may help: AMD Athalon(tm) 64 X2 Daul Core Processor 4600+ 2.41GHz, 2.75GB of RAM
Andalf
#37795456Sunday, November 28, 2010 9:47 PM GMT

So, after leaving it a while my judgement was proved correct that no one would care to respond not even to share there concern. Please could someone explain to me why I have the problems and/or what I could try to fix them. Here's a list of what I've already tried: Reinstalling Roblox. Removing and installing Roblox. Turning off firewall and trying. Turning off anti-virus and trying Both of the above together. Clearing cookies. Playing on the following browsers: Internet Explorer 8.0 Mozilla Firefox Roblox Thanks for reading this far if you did, all of the above attempts did nothing to help the problem. I really want to avoid a repair install of windows as that usually complicates things further and there's a lot of stuff I need to keep and nowhere to back it up.
kirbymarioguy
#37803512Sunday, November 28, 2010 11:38 PM GMT

That cannot be the problem. My mom's computer has Win XP SP3 and it works just fine. However on mine, it does disconnect all the time, but I can still use studio. And how do you people play ROBLOX on firefox anyways?! I can only get it to work on IE and the ROBLOX Browser, as well as ROBLOX Studio. (Browsing mode.)
cheeseman657
#37804443Sunday, November 28, 2010 11:51 PM GMT

I believe you just need to change the specs you are using, save the items that might possibly be deleted into a flash drive or CD ROM, then just change specs, then input your saved files. If that does not help, then whatever else is posted may help you.
dragonforce2499
#37805675Monday, November 29, 2010 12:09 AM GMT

i checked it out a bit and it seems roblox, i don't know why, but only runs properly on XP SP2, Vista (...but not really i mean what does run right on Vista? it considered a swear at windows company meetings lol), and WIN7. as for the specs nothing should be changed although are you sure the AMD 64x is running right on XP? i thought XP was 32x only which in that case the AMD (motherboard i believe) may interfere with the connection somehow... i'm not all that sure on this situation but these are my best bets. so maybe roblox wasn't designed for some reason to run with SP3. SP3 did come out when vista came out (i believe) so maybe they just skipped compadability with SP3 for some reason. i would try and find out about emailing david... whatever his last name is lol... the CEO about this problem. he may have your answer.
Andalf
#37828409Monday, November 29, 2010 1:19 PM GMT

Thanks for the insight dragon, I'm sure there's no problem with the 64x processor, as my computer has never had a problem with it since I got it. However just to be as sure as possible I will look over the possibilities. If the problem continues to persist I'll send a message towards David.Bazuki,
Andalf
#39658442Monday, December 27, 2010 7:49 PM GMT

Sorry to necro an old thread but seriously, I'm going to take this up with the staff if something doesn't get sorted out. TL;DR I got a new hard drive for christmas, clean install of Windows XP, installed Service pack 3 and it's still disconnecting me from games. ::WARNING: WORD WALL: I got a new hard drive for christmas, 1TB. I installed window on to it, updated it, got all my drivers and anti-virus sorted, then went to try roblox. All was well and good, I could log in, browse the site but then I went to try a game. Yes I am still running Service Pack 3, it is a neccessity. So why, please tell me, will roblox disconnect within 3-5 seconds or loading a game. I would like to tell you it works on my dad's computer, he uses windows 7. It works on my younger sisters, windows xp SP2, so why does it not work with SP3? We all use the same router to connect to the internet, we all use cable with 13mb/s connection so there's no chance it can be that. I've added roblox to my firewall exceptions, tried running with and without anti-virus enabled. So if I can't get this fixed, I'll have to quit roblox. I can't build, I can't upload, I can't play? What's the point in having an account if I can't take part in anything but the forums? If anyone can get back to me on an possible solutions, please, reply to this thread, or send a private message. Thanks for reading.
dragonforce2499
#39681834Tuesday, December 28, 2010 12:36 AM GMT

again, theres gotta be something faulty with your download of sp3. i can't find the fact of it usual if it'll work on sp2 and win7. something must be messed up with the copy of sp3 that you have but yes i would look into discussing this with the mods.
Andalf
#39684283Tuesday, December 28, 2010 1:08 AM GMT

Service pack 3 came straight from the windows up date site, only proper place to get it. I should send the admins a message, though I highly doubt they'll read/respond to it, I've seen what they're like.
Andalf
#39994066Friday, December 31, 2010 12:15 PM GMT

Okay, so I sent a message to the roblox tech staff, their reply was just what I knew already. They seem not to read the entire message, check for keywords and send a pre written reply about firewalls and anti-virus. I clearly stated that I had tried both of these, so I'm asking here again, for anyone who may actually understand and isn't a 10 year old complaining about a scammer/hacker, if they can help. Frankly, the forementioned 10 year old is what this "Technical" Issues board is full of.
deathrange07
#39995961Friday, December 31, 2010 1:26 PM GMT

[ Content Deleted ]
Andalf
#39997106Friday, December 31, 2010 1:58 PM GMT

It depends, sometimes I spawn sometimes I don't. But it's definately within 3-5 seconds. I've tested over and over. I've mangaged to get studio working again, I can upload to the server, However if I "start server" then "start player" for testing purposes on studio, I will disconect in the same given time. I've checked my firewall and anti-virus many times, I've made sure my firewall accepts incoming ip's from a udp port as that's how roblox works, and still nothing.
haha587
#47998604Friday, June 03, 2011 3:03 PM GMT

Same exact problem!
trappingnoobs
#48001736Friday, June 03, 2011 4:37 PM GMT

Solution: Don't use computing technology made nearly 10 years ago.
haha587
#48007964Friday, June 03, 2011 7:20 PM GMT

No you o.0 :3 >:o
arrax96
#48019007Friday, June 03, 2011 10:16 PM GMT

I have this problem too.
arrax96
#48019223Friday, June 03, 2011 10:19 PM GMT

And i found the solution 10 seconds after trying, Just run the browser in compitability mode for win98.

of     1