of     5   
chevron_rightchevron_rightchevron_right

EliteSpaceCommando
#46965767Thursday, May 12, 2011 5:39 PM GMT

That's what I hear nowadays, I made a thread like this a while ago, but it was overun by annoying TL;DRers so I made this one. TL;DR: SHADDAP AND READ THE POST Haha, now if you read this before posting, I commend you on not jumping the gun yet. :P Anyway, my idea is to appease and target not only kids with hats and clothes, but also an older audience with coding knowledge. I know many people wishing too learn coding when they get too college, why not start here and now? Here's were i'm getting at. If ROBLOX makes more building features, and advertises with ads like "Learn coding from the begining!" then I'm sure it will attract older players, , hopefully creating a better community. The current community, is unappriciative, they don't understand the concepts of building or coding. Few do. So, you're probably wondering how this will benefit ROBLOX eh? Well i'm getting too that, first, I will need to explain HOW ROBLOX can get those more mature players here. 1. Changing that stupid video on the home site. It barely shows any building, it's mainly suggesting ROBLOX is a social website. 2. Have an actual link too the wiki. I don't even remember how I found it, it's way too hidden. 3. Add more building features, the items like Dialogue, and API files are good, and hopefully ROBLOX will pump out more good updates for the games. The more, the merrier. This is just a few ideas on how to attract them. Now, on to how it should and will benefit ROBLOX. 1. Though more places may attract some of them, they need more reasons. For example, if ROBLOX made the ability to make songs with only instruments, there should be a limit on how many you can create before deleteing them. BC would get probably double, TBC Triple ect. Then, more will buy too fully unleash their creative abilities. 2. Less whiny players. I don't really have to explain this now do I? 3. More suggestions regarding the game. Yep, smarter players will give suggestions too the game, rather than the amounts of hat threads we have. How it'll benefit the ROBLOX community. 1. Less immature players/More mature players. Basically how you see it, half glass empty, or glass half full. I see it as the glass half full. 2. ROBLOX may actually listen too their suggestions. 3. Someone who is older might actually appreciate the effort you put in your game. So the point is too not change the target audience, or put restriction on age. But too add another audience. That's just my two cents. Thanks for reading this all. ~ My name suggests I love Sci-Fi, But I love medieval also. As I come back to S&I everyday too fight off trolls. ~
RobloxCitizen9
#46965793Thursday, May 12, 2011 5:40 PM GMT

Support :D
EliteSpaceCommando
#46965794Thursday, May 12, 2011 5:40 PM GMT

By the way, Smilex gave me this idea. Link too his. http://www.roblox.com/Forum/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=46852245#46896766 ~ My name suggests I love Sci-Fi, But I love medieval also. As I come back to S&I everyday too fight off trolls. ~
Rowpunk
#46965923Thursday, May 12, 2011 5:45 PM GMT

Support, again. For all people thinking that this means that robloxians cannot get on roblox IF they are under 14, you are wrong. This idea is simply just to change the targeted audience, going back a bit to upgrade what roblox was meant to be, a building game. More building parts, more scripting functions, all these things. If you are mature, then this update would serve you well, if you are not, then you will leave eventually. More mature players will enter roblox, making the community better. It's just a good idea all around. And again, you could still play with the current age limits, this doesn't allow extreme swearing, ODing, or more personal info, just changes the targeted audience for a better community.
EliteSpaceCommando
#46966259Thursday, May 12, 2011 6:00 PM GMT

Thanks guys. :D Nice limited hat rowpunk. lol. ~ My name suggests I love Sci-Fi, But I love medieval also. As I come back to S&I everyday too fight off trolls. ~
tesseradecade
#46967007Thursday, May 12, 2011 6:29 PM GMT

TL;DR. Nah, only joking, support :3
EliteSpaceCommando
#46970279Thursday, May 12, 2011 8:03 PM GMT

Lol thanks. :D ~ My name suggests I love Sci-Fi, But I love medieval also. As I come back to S&I everyday too fight off trolls. ~
FireTheTiger
#46970485Thursday, May 12, 2011 8:07 PM GMT

Man, you keep proving me right when I say that you never have bad ideas! Support all the way! ~Finding idiots on the forums~
Despairus
#46970582Thursday, May 12, 2011 8:09 PM GMT

NOOB! NEGATIVE 500 SUPPORTS! >=|
#46970625Thursday, May 12, 2011 8:10 PM GMT

I guess i support. Depending upon if you really wanted to make ROBLOX 14+ or not. I'm not 14 I'm 13 and this is my favourite site. There are many ways to get around age limit (Lying) and BTW people should learn to spell Dialog its right there on the Insert menu! D I A L O G
FireTheTiger
#46970652Thursday, May 12, 2011 8:10 PM GMT

I don't think anyone here actually read the post...
Despairus
#46970653Thursday, May 12, 2011 8:10 PM GMT

This would be completely unfair and stupid. Oh, and tl;dr. Only read a few parts and it ruined this forum post... -_-
EliteSpaceCommando
#46970716Thursday, May 12, 2011 8:11 PM GMT

Thanks tiger, lol. :D @Two above, you guys obviously didn't read it. ~ My name suggests I love Sci-Fi, But I love medieval also. As I come back to S&I everyday too fight off trolls. ~
RobloxCitizen9
#46970731Thursday, May 12, 2011 8:12 PM GMT

Javeman@SHADDAP AND READ THE POST
EliteSpaceCommando
#46970745Thursday, May 12, 2011 8:12 PM GMT

Dang. late post. ~ My name suggests I love Sci-Fi, But I love medieval also. As I come back to S&I everyday too fight off trolls. ~
Despairus
#46970869Thursday, May 12, 2011 8:15 PM GMT

I am reading the post and this is just stupid. Completely unfair. When I saw: "ROBLOX may actually listen too their suggestions.". Wth?! ROBLOX should listen to everyones posts! This is just sad... 7r011 N008!
EliteSpaceCommando
#46970928Thursday, May 12, 2011 8:16 PM GMT

You're stupid, you didn't read the post dummy. I hate TL;DRers.
Rowpunk
#46970938Thursday, May 12, 2011 8:16 PM GMT

Lol, the tl;dr-ers said the exact thing I expected them to. Maybe they should of read the first 5 posts before replying? Or at least finished the first post.
cartman131lost
#46971118Thursday, May 12, 2011 8:20 PM GMT

No theres no way you can stop this because 8 year olds can lie about there age get over it.
EliteSpaceCommando
#46971137Thursday, May 12, 2011 8:21 PM GMT

*Facepalm* ~ My name suggests I love Sci-Fi, But I love medieval also. As I come back to S&I everyday too fight off trolls. ~
sayhisam1
#46971235Thursday, May 12, 2011 8:23 PM GMT

less noobs= good more scripters and builders = good less spam= good Support :D
WARAINTechMaker
#46971258Thursday, May 12, 2011 8:24 PM GMT

I don't support. What did you do wrong? Well, the reason why Builderman brought ROBLOX onto the internet was to teach kids how to program. The game is aimed for everyone. Rugrats, children, teens, adults, elders. So far, every site aimed for teens is filled with potty mouths. I don't want it to be this way with Roblox. Short version: Roblox is for kids. Making it for teens would make it dirty.
UnicornSlayR
#46971290Thursday, May 12, 2011 8:25 PM GMT

I read the wholes post. Every last bit. And I literally LOLed When I saw the TL;DRer's comments. One again Elite, Great job.
EliteSpaceCommando
#46971373Thursday, May 12, 2011 8:27 PM GMT

Lol, thanks. :D Atleast the smart forumers read it. :D ~ My name suggests I love Sci-Fi, But I love medieval also. As I come back to S&I everyday too fight off trolls. ~
RobloxCitizen9
#46971525Thursday, May 12, 2011 8:30 PM GMT

''I don't support. What did you do wrong? Well, the reason why Builderman brought ROBLOX onto the internet was to teach kids how to program. The game is aimed for everyone. Rugrats, children, teens, adults, elders. So far, every site aimed for teens is filled with potty mouths. I don't want it to be this way with Roblox. Short version: Roblox is for kids. Making it for teens would make it dirty. '' shut it and read it

of     5   
chevron_rightchevron_rightchevron_right