of     1   

straf
#48774839Friday, June 17, 2011 3:50 AM GMT

This is just out of curiosity, of course. The reasons you have could, of course, be endless, but it would be interesting to know *why* you wanted to go down such a long path. As for myself, I took German as a requirement for school. That being said, I only did what I needed to do to pass, so none of that stuck. My main objective, though, is Russian. My decision to learn that came from my general fascination of the country and its aesthetic. I mean, the world's greatest writers and thinkers came from there: Tolstoy, Dostoevsky, Chekov, Pushkin, Bulgakov, Solzhenitsyn, etc. Not to mention that it's a significant world power with a steadily growing economy in spite of the seemingly world-wide economic crisis. The language would be handy, you know.
fredd1234
#48778884Friday, June 17, 2011 5:26 AM GMT

Having Israeli parents...
DestinyD777War
#48903825Sunday, June 19, 2011 6:00 AM GMT

I'm Korean, so I can speak, read, and write in Korean. Korean is based off Chinese, so I learned how to read, speak, and write that. I learned how to read, write, and speak Japanese just for the fun of it. And as you might have noticed, I'm writing in English ;)

of     1