of     75   
chevron_rightchevron_rightchevron_right

Drow509
#49181334Thursday, June 23, 2011 5:25 PM GMT

{Welcome to...} {By_The_Dozen.doc} {Booting up……} {Initiating Commands} {Starting…} {Initiate: Prolouge.exe} You awake from your deep slumber. Your eyes don’t comply at first, refusing to open, but you manage to wrench them open, using what seems like all of your strength. Your neck muscles are stiff, but you manage to look about anyway, finding yourself in a clear plexi-glass tube with wires attached all over your body. Outside the cool glass, you find yourself in a small room, the walls painted white, floors painted gray, and ceiling painted like the sky, blue with little white tuffets representing clouds. “Hello?” you try to say, but it comes out like an elephant’s dying cries, your vocal cords haven’t been used for a long time… ‘What happened’ you must ask yourself; ‘Why am I here? What is happening?’ At first, all that comes is a little sliver of a memory; and then you recall more and more, the creek of memories flowing into a river… {Loading: Good_Intro.exe} The sky is a swirl of reddish orange, with dabs of gray as the evening begins it’s usual shift to night. A pleasant warm breeze brushes against you, warming your skin in the chilly dusk air. You had just came back from the typical work-day at the factories, and you look about you, and sigh, sometimes stopping to read the depressing posters plastered to the wall, declaring things like: ‘LIFE ISN’T FAIR; DEAL WITH IT.’ And ‘GET BACK TO WORK.’ It all happened in a few moments after that, what seemed like a lonely walk down the sidewalk turned into a firefight as rebel soldiers open fire on a passing military police vehicle. The rebels manage to shoot several of the soldiers who act like police before they return fire… and catch you in the crossfire. You duck behind a garbage bin, thankful for it’s existence… Until a massive explosion as a grenade, thrown by a rebel, destroys the vehicle, and all the explosives on it. The explosion rams you into the brick wall of the building the rebels are shooting down from, and everything suddenly goes black… {Loading: Bad_Intro.exe} The sky is a swirl of reddish orange, with dabs of gray as the evening begins it’s usual shift to night. A pleasant warm breeze slams against you as you high tail it back to your base, carting a sack of cash stolen from the First Apex Bank, and being chased by four civilian policemen. Letting out a evil laugh as you run, you dart down a nearby alleyway, zipping past obstacles and dodging bullets. If you manage to pull this off, you get rich. You don’t… well, let’s not think about that. You come out onto the sidewalk again, and sprint to the right… It all happened in a few moments after that, what seemed like a hurried dash down the sidewalk turned into a firefight as military policeman begin opening fire on you, as you run through a roadblock, set up for who knows who…or what. You return fire with your illegal machine gun, and hurtle the barricades, taking off down the street again, bullets kicking up dust behind you. ‘Hah, good thing they are horrible shots!’ you think, looking behind you. Until a speeding car slams into you, sending you up in the air, and slamming you back down on the ground like some monster is playing basketball with you. You face plant on the cold asphalt, and everything goes black… {Loading: History.exe} After the destruction of Scientia and the supercomputer ASTRAL, a rouge supercomputer called Technical Reason, or TREASON unleashed a virus to all of the world’s major supercomputers through a company called ‘Apex’, that manufactured most of the world’s products. (Meaning everything from pencils to missiles to televisions.) Once the computers were infected, millions of robots fell under TREASON’s control. They easily defeated the armies of multiple countries, using their own technology against them, and soon the world fell under TREASON’s power. She then began a total reconstruction of daily life, and soon everyone slavered away in sprawling factories, making cheap rations and more robots to enforce her rule… But as with every total domination; there are always rebels, a glimmer of hope in the civilian eye, people who will one day free them from their eternal work... A dream so easily crushed by the unrelenting iron fist of the Civil Police, the fanatic soldiers that occupy every city under TREASON’s rule, and harshly enforce the specific laws engineered by Apex itself, that now not only serves as the manufacturer of Mechanis’ weapons, but also as TREASON’s network of advisors, officials, and politicians… not that the latter are needed as much. {Loading: Important_Infromation.exe} {Overall} This RP will be handled like a free-roam RP, with one long-term set of goals (The main quest.) and then the shorter-term goals. {Side quests.) The long-term goals are mandatory, but the short-term goals are entirely optional. Completing said side quests can have their benefits, but can also have negative consequences, so be careful on how you chose them. {Health} Health represents how much damage you have sustained, either by being attacked, or by falling from considerable heights. You automatically start with 10/10 Life Points, or LP, and will lose some if damaged. The health will go as following… 10/10 – Unscathed 9-8/10 – Minor Damage 7-6/10 – Light Damage 5-4/ - Moderate Damage 4-3/ Heavy Damage 2-1/ Near Death While these numbers may seem frightening, LP being taken away is usually difficult, but is possible. Gaining health can be accomplished in many ways, such as: Going to a hospital, Using a medical kit, (Only if experienced) Having a medic patch you up, And more. Your health will be reported out every day, as well as during battles. More health cannot be gained, but layers of armor can be applied, and you can {DATA_FILE_ERROR_NUMBER_453}. {Food and Water} Food and water are needed to survive in this RP, and unless you are somehow used to being dehydrated, or starved, then you will need food and water. If neither are gotten in a certain period of time, you will begin to feel the effects, and will eventually die. Please note that rations will be provided to you, but just enough to keep you alive; and only if you stay on the good side of the law. Extra rations can be obtained by doing the following: Stealing, Buying them from shops, Earning them, Finding them, or Getting on the good side of the law. At the end of each day, your vitals will be reported out, like so. [NAME HERE] ?/10 LP Hunger: N/A Thirst: N/A {Battle} Battle isn’t any different from regular RP skirmish, you RP what you do, and then I respond with what the enemy does and so on; only I tell you how much damage you take from a hit, and where. (Arm, leg, head, ect.) ~~~~ {Loading: Appendix.exe} Apex: The name of the conglomerate that produces, researches, and develops most of the world’s products; ranging from produce to weaponry. Apex Civil Police: Soldiers enlisted to police the cities under Apex control; they are brutal and corrupt when it comes to enforcing the law. They are entirely allied with Apex, and will not break off, and join another side. In times of war, they will fall into the ranks of their military comrades. ASTRAL: The supercomputer that ran Scientia, but was destroyed by an unknown force. Civilian Police Force: A group of civilians who volunteer to be in the police force. Benefits of doing so: Getting a handgun, extra rations, better living space…even though most people hate them because you have to enforce the specific laws engineered by Apex. In times of war, they will gather to protect important civilian areas; such as hospitals, churches, and train stations. Scientia: A vast underwater city built to house several thousand ‘gifted people’, such as great scientists, artists, ect. It collapsed when the supercomputer maintaining it was destroyed. TREASON: The supercomputer masterminding the entire coup d'état; also holds the title of the ‘Iron Queen’, as cliché as it sounds. {Loading: Important_Laws.doc} {There are new laws that were put into effect once TREASON took over. The old ones, such as no stealing, fighting, ect. are also still in place.)) Weapons are forbidden, along with anything that can be used as a weapon. {Police force discretion is advised.} Electronics are banned. Every civilian is subject to a routine search every Wednesday at 4:00 A.M Standard Time. Disobeying, making fun of, or laughing at any of the laws will result in immediate arrest. Dancing is banned except in your designated living space. Talking to inanimate objects is banned, as well as a waste of time. Singing is annoying, and prohibited from public areas. Insulting, giving sass, or assaulting a officer of the law in any way will get you a one way ticket to prison. Forever. Do not talk in a pirate accent. {You will be alerted of more laws when encountered.} RULES --------- If you can’t read, don’t stop reading this. Please consistently post, we aren’t stopping for you. (Exceptions may occur, consult doctor for details.) Follow the Roblox rules of role-playing! NO UNCANNY KNOWLEDGE. You can’t know other’s names before they tell it to you. No ubering/godmodding. No gary/mary sues. Use ‘story mode’, please. (I.e. ‘I stretched, and looked at the rising sun outside my window.’) Romance at a PG level if you insist on it, but there should be no more than a hug or a handshake. No controlling the NPC’s. (Non-playing characters, in this case, mainly ACPs and other civilians.) Try to do your best with grammar. Admins are anyone I see fit, or the following people: ~~ Linkhero13 JINXY Ecologea ((Rotixbux666)) Squareblokhed Srbstriker Kerion Drwho101 --------- ((Note: Admins can accept/decline CSes, Object to CSes (Question them) and temporally ‘kick’ the offending RPer. I reserve the right to take away adminship, and fully ban people.)) ~The Character Sheet~ N.am.e: A.g.e: (Nothing under 16. Or else.) Race*: Gender: Likes: Dislikes: Items: (Nothing dangerous, such as a knife. A pencil, or some paper is acceptable.) Preferred Weapons: (What you are skilled at handling, can be N/A) A.p.p.e.r.a.n.c.e: Bio: (NOT OPTIONAL. This should be *at least* 2-3 good, solid sentences.) ((*Such as a dragon, an elf, ect. If you make up your own, please give a good description.))
kerrikoo
#49182261Thursday, June 23, 2011 5:41 PM GMT

[ Debating on whether or not join, since I wasn't in the other ones. ]
Drow509
#49182558Thursday, June 23, 2011 5:45 PM GMT

((Ah, you don't have to know squat about the other ones, because not only will I explain everything that does pop up, but not much from the others will show up anyway.))
IronScarf
#49182835Thursday, June 23, 2011 5:50 PM GMT

(I may join later; just tagging.)
Drow509
#49182987Thursday, June 23, 2011 5:52 PM GMT

((Alrighty.))
zacaris
#49183841Thursday, June 23, 2011 6:04 PM GMT

N.am.e: Isaac Stross (Cookie if you know who those people are.) A.g.e: 25 Race*: Human Gender: Male Likes: Not dying, a delicious breakfast. The occasional video game. Lexine, his best friend and fellow engineer. Hot showers. A safe environment. Dislikes: People who tend to get in the way a lot. Faulty equipment. Things coming back from the dead. Items: Wallet, $40 of local currency (If there are different types of currency), Phone that also functions as a Multi - Way Radio. Preferred Weapons: He is a good un-armed fighter. Great way to evade the 'No weapons' Law. A.p.p.e.r.a.n.c.e: Bio: Raised from birth to be an engineer, his life has been a cycle. Wake up. Go to work. Get home. Sleep. He sometimes wishes for more in life, but then remembers he has a nice life, being able to support himself with a good job.
squareblokhed
#49184075Thursday, June 23, 2011 6:07 PM GMT

N.am.e: Harvath A.g.e: 39 Race*: Half-Dragon Gender: Male Likes: He has a liking for mo.ney, and don't get me started on gold, it comes naturally with his dragon gene.tics, he does have a liking for music, too. Dislikes: He does not like seeing cruelty beyond his capabilities, which is odd considering his history. He also has a horrid phobia of water, he can't swim well and has never been willing to learn. Items: He normally carries around a dictophone (for passing messages), and a note pad with a pen, it's normally to remember points of interest and intregue, he has a few pages of drawings on the front to lower suspicion, should they think he's plotting something. Preferred Weapons: He is skilled with guns, he may not be a crack shot but he's definately formidable. A.p.p.e.r.a.n.c.e: He is a black scaled half-dragon, red on his wings, and on his stomach, he likes to wear formal wear, altough he acts considerably less gentlemanly. His spats are no longer custom-made, he had a hard time explaining why they had magnets attached, now their regular black spats. He has a bullet scar on his leg and arm from certain past events. Bio: He had a priva.liged youth, he was very well educated, and always was on his best behavior, nobody expected him to grow up to be as he is. at the age of twenty he became a law.yer, he became bored of how easy it was to sway the jury's decisions and after eight years of that became a co.n-man for seven years. He lost interest in the gullible public and decided on a more risky lifestyle, assas.sination, in a year he kil.led sixteen people, after the events of TIAR he yearned for the dangers he experianced in the tes.ting, and so became a merc.enary. Since Sciencia he has been considering taking action for his mistakes, but he's not really following through, in fact he joined the Civil Police Force for the benefits. (I'm trying to be more descriptive with my posts.)
Drow509
#49184116Thursday, June 23, 2011 6:08 PM GMT

((Ah, very good, accepted... even though you forgot the apper.ance, I can pretty much picture him. 1-2 more people, and we shall start.))
Drow509
#49184212Thursday, June 23, 2011 6:09 PM GMT

((Square: also accepted.))
IronScarf
#49184467Thursday, June 23, 2011 6:13 PM GMT

(Quick question: What year is this in?)
squareblokhed
#49184553Thursday, June 23, 2011 6:14 PM GMT

(Yay... wonder what intro he got (Although to be honest considering his recent history both spell disaster.))
Drow509
#49184851Thursday, June 23, 2011 6:19 PM GMT

((The year is...2171. DUN dun dun...)) ((We'll start soon.))
firekj
#49185155Thursday, June 23, 2011 6:24 PM GMT

~The Character Sheet~ N.am.e:Xavier A.g.e: 23 Race*: Half-Dragon Gender:Male Likes: Guns, Toothpicks. Dislikes:Droids,Melee weapons Items: Toothpicks Preferred Weapons: Toothpicks, Rifles A.p.p.e.r.a.n.c.e:A torn scientist jacket, that was ripped in half when he fought against the turrets to destroy ASTRAL, and a small sleeveless black shirt. (I'll post my bio below, Drow.......why didn't you PM me?)
Drow509
#49185209Thursday, June 23, 2011 6:25 PM GMT

((Nevermind, WE START NOW!))
firekj
#49185281Thursday, June 23, 2011 6:26 PM GMT

Bio: His Father had loved him so much, that he had hugged him, then the claws came out....and he had almost killed him and he was banned from the household forever. He Roams the land , intending to get revenge on his father and at the moment he was developing a weapon, when he got a call to Berlin, he joined forces with Oliver, Harvath, and Edward to destroy ASTRAL.
Drow509
#49185329Thursday, June 23, 2011 6:27 PM GMT

((-.-]] Fire, accepted. The link to the next, which is this, is on easy as pie.))
Drow509
#49185722Thursday, June 23, 2011 6:33 PM GMT

((Alright, now that I am sure enough there are no more distractions, we may begin. Who wishes to start?))
squareblokhed
#49185810Thursday, June 23, 2011 6:35 PM GMT

(I do.
Drow509
#49185987Thursday, June 23, 2011 6:37 PM GMT

((Alrighty then, let the games begin.))
firekj
#49186009Thursday, June 23, 2011 6:38 PM GMT

(Late post) (I do!)
Drow509
#49186296Thursday, June 23, 2011 6:43 PM GMT

((Alright, fire, you can go second, Square, you can go first.))
squareblokhed
#49186535Thursday, June 23, 2011 6:46 PM GMT

(Okay, kick us off!)
kaleb105
#49186629Thursday, June 23, 2011 6:48 PM GMT

~The Character Sheet~ N.am.e: Alex Mercer A.g.e: 31 Race*: Human Gender:M Likes: Staying in my home, makeing friends Dislikes: The law, Singing Items: Rations Preferred Weapons: Pistol, Sum-Machien guns A.p.p.e.r.a.n.c.e: Black jackit and jeans with gray hoodie Bio: I dont really remember anything after...NVM.. Well i grew up waith a dragon,3 sisters and 2 brothers.. We lived in a cabin in the forest ( Or, What was left of it) To hide from the law... We wanted freedom.. But... They found us.. They killed all the men, The women were spard whalst i ran away like a coward... I lost my pistal and moved into a city..
squareblokhed
#49186750Thursday, June 23, 2011 6:49 PM GMT

(Machine-guns? SERIOUSLY?)
Drow509
#49186957Thursday, June 23, 2011 6:52 PM GMT

((Here we go.)) As memories flood back to you, the door opens with a sharp click, and in steps a spindly android wearing a labcoat. It looks around curiously at you, and then walks over to each of your tubes, and types something on a little LED screen, causing the glass to lift above you. He repeats this for everyone, and hastily retreats to the center of the room. "Hello everybody..." It says in a smooth but calming voice.

of     75   
chevron_rightchevron_rightchevron_right