of     6   
chevron_rightchevron_rightchevron_right

deltav
#51579288Friday, July 29, 2011 12:56 PM GMT

1. What is Gear Mixing? 2. How does it look like? 3. How does it work? 4. To who will it be available? 5. Summary 6. Example ----------------------------------------------------- 1. What is Gear Mixing? Gear Mixing is a feature that allows people to combine up to 4 gear items in order to get a different gear item that has features of the items used to create it. Mixing costs 25R$ per Mix (providing the items can mix with each other). If a rentable item is used in the Mix, the price of that item is added to the Mixing costs. (Note that the result gear items are pre-made, and that there is no such thing as a magically power-inheritance system that creates gear. Just X and Y make Z. Not all gear items Mix with each other.) ----------------------------------------------------- 2. How does it look like? The interface has (along with the always-present ROBLOX logo, login status, money and 'browsing bar') 4 squares in a row, a large rectangle with small icons representing your gear items, and a Mix-Your-Gear button. Scroll down to see another square and a De-Mix button. --------------------------------------------------- 3. How does it work? MIXING Click and drag your gear icons from the large rectangle to the squares. Release the mouse button above a square to place the item in it. Once all the items you want to Mix are placed, click the Mix-Your-Gear button. 2 things can happen: --FAILURE-- The items that you are trying to Mix cannot Mix at all. NO, I repeat NO money is lost in the process. --SUCCESS-- The gear items sucessfully Mix into a new gear. You lose the old gears and $25 bux, but you gain a new gear. DE-MIXING If the new gear item displeases you after a while, you can De-Mix it. Simply click and drag the gear item to the square at the bottom of the screen, and click the De-Mix button. You will get the gear items back used to create the Mixed item. No money is charged for this process, but no money is gained either. --------------------------------------------------- 4. To who will this feature be available? This feature will be available for everyone. However, people might want to buy BC in order to get gear items they want to Mix, increasing the BC sales anyway. --------------------------------------------------- 5. Summary A feature that allows us to mix gear, and get a new one, for a small price of $25 robux. --------------------------------------------------- 6. Example --Orbital Peanutbutter Bomber— -Requires Keith’s Vengeance Launcher, Bloxxy Radar and Top Secret Jetpack. -Appearance: The tool itself looks like a yellow and more rounded Bloxxy Radar. There also is a satellite, yellow with a round glass top part (visibly filled with peanuts), a nozzle on the bottom and 2 solar panels. Satellite initially hangs very high above user’s head -Effects: Upon use, it summons a radar GUI that shows the player locations. By clicking the radar, the satellite moves towards that spot and creates a glowing crosshair on the ground. After 1 second, it launches a peanut which explodes into a large amount of brown peanutbutter particles that slow down the speed of victims to 8. -15 seconds reload. Feel free to suggest your own Mixing recipes, and please give constructive criticism. If you say no, please tell why.
uneekIncendi
#51579323Friday, July 29, 2011 12:57 PM GMT

I remember this thread. You re-posted it? ⌠Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.⌡
deltav
#51579343Friday, July 29, 2011 12:58 PM GMT

@uneek Yeah, because of the lack of edit-buttons on these forums. It needed a revamp.
uneekIncendi
#51579490Friday, July 29, 2011 1:02 PM GMT

deltav, Okay. Well, on with the criticism and whatnot. It would simply be too complicated and rather.... unorganized. If ROBLOX wants to create a gear with the two gears' abilities, then they'll simply create and upload it individually. ⌠Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.⌡
OKTOBERFEEEEEEEEEEST
#51579888Friday, July 29, 2011 1:13 PM GMT

Is there a TL;DR version? :<
Cobalt59
#51579919Friday, July 29, 2011 1:13 PM GMT

Erm, no.
deltav
#51581004Friday, July 29, 2011 1:38 PM GMT

@uneek That's the plan. ROBLOX creates the resulting gear, which gets uploaded and is able to be Mixed. @OKTOBER Yes, it's the summary. @Cobalt Why.
GodlyMattew
#51581086Friday, July 29, 2011 1:40 PM GMT

I have a feeling this is inspired by TF2.
uneekIncendi
#51581089Friday, July 29, 2011 1:40 PM GMT

deltav, There's a difference. You're saying to use that button thingy to get the gear. I'm saying to use the old fashion catalog and "Buy with R$" button to get the gear. ⌠Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.⌡
hubajuba
#51581353Friday, July 29, 2011 1:46 PM GMT

I don't really see how this is an advantage over the catalog and uploading things individually.
ChaosStar95
#51581423Friday, July 29, 2011 1:48 PM GMT

You honestly expect Roblox to make and script individual combo gears for every possible combination of gears? You DO realize that there are over 500 gears in the catalog, right? That means 264,710 combinations. How can you so arrogantly suggest this idea without even considering how impossible it would be to do it all? Even if they were able to do like 300 a day, it would take the gear staff something like a couple hundred years without breaks and only if Roblox doesn't make any more gear until after all that time, by which Roblox would have most likely shut down from age.
robloxkid08
#51582463Friday, July 29, 2011 2:12 PM GMT

@ChaosStar95: lrn2read. He said IN THE ORIGINAL POST that, and I quote: "not all gears will be able to mix" @OP: Say I am an admin, and I create a combination of the Grappling Hook, the Jetpack, and any Skateboard to create a Jet-Powered Grapple-Skateboard, yes? I release this to the public. examplename purchases all three items, mixes it, and creates the combination. Can examplename still repurchase the three items he used to mix into the Jet-Powered Grapple-Skateboard and use them as their original items and still keep the Jet-Powered Grapple-Skateboard? Either way, support, but if what I've said above can happen, then that means that ROBLOX could gain some MAJOR profit from R$ sales and BC purchases. However, there should also be a Gear Mixing Database of some sort to allow people to see what gears can be mixed to get a new gear. That way, people won't get frustrated trying useless combination after useless combination and not getting anything. ~robloxkid08, the Guy who Gave the Zombie the TNT~
papey
#51582811Friday, July 29, 2011 2:18 PM GMT

Supported for the 3rd time
Kisila
#51587800Friday, July 29, 2011 3:50 PM GMT

I personally love this idea, I have a few hats that look terrible with everything, and if you mixed, let's say... the electric punk, a TV themed hat, and maybe a sword, wouldn't it look awesome?
KillsAssasin
#51588700Friday, July 29, 2011 4:05 PM GMT

[ Content Deleted ]
deoxys04
#51589048Friday, July 29, 2011 4:11 PM GMT

Support, but lower the price to at least 5R$ or 10R$
deltav
#51800101Monday, August 01, 2011 11:58 AM GMT

@robloxkid08 Yup. I cannot think of any reason why people shouldn't be able to buy items of which they used a 'copy' to Mix with. There might as well be other Mixing recipes with the same gear anyway. It could, indeed, be a potential source of profit. @papey Woo, thanks. @katienchip I didn't say anything about hats. Primarily because it would be more of a pain to keep track of all the hats and make recipes with them. Sorry! @KillsAssasin I actually expected you to compare it to the TF2 crafting system, not MC or DQ. And hey, if it gets used in other games, why not in this one as well? People like it there, maybe they'll like it here too. @deoxys04 No. I'd like it not too high, like 50R$, but not too low either, like 10R$. That's why I chose 25R$.
xvgigakid
#51800212Monday, August 01, 2011 12:02 PM GMT

No support, This would be nice dont get me wrong. Its just some of us may want to make our own gear mixers without ROBLOX interfeering. You know how it goes... I will support if the following happens. Gear mixing becomes part of the HUD on enter but can be edited like health bar. If that is part of the deal I will agree.
deltav
#51801286Monday, August 01, 2011 12:33 PM GMT

Here are some more examples of what could be Mixed gear items. --Berserk Potion— -Requires Potion of the Fiery Fists, Mindgrapes and EpicSauce. -Appearance: A squarish potion bottle, containing a reddish-purple liquid. An angry red smilie is painted on the bottle. -Effects: When drunk, the user's walkspeed rises from 16 to 25, and can deliver heavy punches while clicking, each dealing +-12 damage. It also enhances the jumping height. However, the user also takes 5 damage per second and the automatic healing is disabled. This effect lasts for 10 seconds. -25 seconds reload. --Lightning Grapple— -Requires Grappling Hook, Taser Blade and Staff of Gloomy Grip. -Appearance: Looks like the Grappling hook. The 3 prongs of the yellow 'hook' point forward and look like sharp yellow blades with a silvery edge. The yellow gun has a silverish lightning motif on the side. -Effects: Functions like a normal Grappling Hook. When it hits a brick, it reels the user in. Pressing Q makes user drop. If one hits a brick that is in a model with a humanoid in it (like a player), the user won't be reeled in. Instead, it deals 15 damage to the victim, plus 5 electrocution damage per second. In this state, the wire between the gun and the grapple automatically snaps when it hits a block, giving the victim a chance to escape. -3 seconds reload. Feel free to add your own recipe, by using this template: --[Name]— -Requires [Names of required gear items, up to 4 items]. -Appearance: [Detailed description of the appearance. -Effects: [Detailded description of the effects of this gear] -[reload time]
deltav
#51801319Monday, August 01, 2011 12:33 PM GMT

@xvgigakid Either you got me wrong or I get you wrong, because the Gear Mixer is not going to be on the HUD, but on the website.
chris666lace
#51801377Monday, August 01, 2011 12:35 PM GMT

It'll probably work, they already let us wear 3 hats. So they'll probably let us wear 3 gears? 60% -Facepalm-
deltav
#51801432Monday, August 01, 2011 12:37 PM GMT

@chris666lace It has nothing to do with wearing multiple gears, but rather combining up to 4 gear items to gain a new one with special abilities, related to the used gears.
xvgigakid
#51805601Monday, August 01, 2011 2:21 PM GMT

@Deltav OH! Then in that case we should get a setting that says MixedGear on the Allowed Gear types.
lashers
#51805740Monday, August 01, 2011 2:23 PM GMT

Telamon said something like this on his crafting jewel thing that came out of the mystery box.
deltav
#51896057Tuesday, August 02, 2011 4:11 PM GMT

@xvgigakid Yeah, I forgot to add that. Hate these outdated forums. @lashers I know, but when I first came up with this idea, I didn't know it yet.

of     6   
chevron_rightchevron_rightchevron_right