of     33   
chevron_rightchevron_rightchevron_right

Recruitsoldier
#53165238Friday, August 19, 2011 4:00 PM GMT

Contents: Introduction Chapter I - BC Chapter II - BC and NBC Features Chapter III - BC-Only Chapter IV - The Social Network Chapter V - Greedy ROBLOX Epilogue -- Introduction For years now, people all across ROBLOX have been complaining about their too few features, about ROBLOX's corruption and greediness, about how it all wasn't fair. Today, I've decided to try and bring that to a close.Or try to. ROBLOX might delete it again. 17 just became my unlucky number. -- Chapter I "BC" I have not so lately seen a large string of posts and messages regarding BCers, sent by NBCers. When BCers say something like, "I have OBC, so ha," NBCers often interpret it as "You're NBC, you suck, I'm the best, get lost." That can not only be considered a stereotype but also a direct assumption. You don't know the person behind the computer. What if he meant it to sound differently than you interpreted it? When you have something that not everyone else does, you have this terribly strong urge to show it off. A lack of compliments on his BC status would likely lead to the BCer doing something to get that attention, thus, something like, "I have OBC, so ha." Which was my previous example as well. So perhaps, BCers don't say that with the purpose of potentially insulting someone, but maybe, they only want a little bit of attention because of their membership. This isn't shameful. Kids are kids. They just have that plain urge to show off something new and shiny. You can't call someone mean JUST because he wanted to make clear that he did, in fact, have BC (not like anyone didn't notice). There's also another possibility. What if the BCer needed some argument to get out of a bad situation? Sure, it was his fault for getting in the argument in the first place, and sure, using BC as an argument is no argument, but keep in consideration that it could be a kid. Not all kids are born with the natural talent of arguing. Not all kids can type fluently with a structure to support their argument. There are few who can. So, in his eyes, that was the only thing he could say. In turn, that could make you the mean one - cornering someone with arguments that batter his brain, and could, in fact, possibly, make him cry. You don't know how young or old the person is. So you can't say ANYTHING certain about the amount of greed and spoiledness in any one BCer, unless you actually get to know the person in real life. Also, I have never, in my life, seen a BCer go on with continuous boasting about his supreme status for any more than five sentences. If he doesn't even say enough to make you feel bad, why bother sassing back at him? Kids will be kids. And BC will remain. The pair combined may not be too pretty, but you're going to have to deal with it. To make my point clear, there is NO POINT in attacking the general standing of BCers altogether just because of one bloke you met in a game that wanted to make clear he had BC. Don't even try assuming or stereotyping, as that leads to the road of falseness. -- Chapter II "BC and NBC Features" Something I have seen for quite some time now, NBCers whining for features and complaining that BCers get too much. Let's take a quick lookover at these said low count features... NBC features: 1) The ability to construct or script one place. 2) The ability to post on any forum you want, as many times as you like. 3) The ability to play any and every game on ROBLOX, except for the handful of restricted free-modeled and unoriginal games on the front page. 4) The ability to buy any and everything on the Catalog, except for the very small amount that are BC-Only. 5) The ability to chat ingame and onsite. 6) A 10 Ticket Daily Login bonus. 7) The ability to trade currency. 8) The ability to have unlimited friends, and 20 Best Friends. 9) The ability to join five groups. 10) The ability to hold statistics. 11) The ability to receive ROBLOX and Player Badges. 12) The ability to comment and favorite any and every game on ROBLOX. 13) Up to date news. 14) The ability to express yourself. 15) The ability to participate and win contests. 16) The ability to use the ambassador program, and receive an extra 50 tickets a day at the most. 17) The ability to have a profile and an avatar. 18) The ability to see and make user ads. 19) The ability to receive any and every gift that ROBLOX makes. 20) The ability to do all of this without making your wallet lose weight. You think NBCers have too little features? I think not. What the problem is, is that ROBLOX puts new features in front of your nose, lets your fingers get an inch away from them, and then hold out their hand and ask for money before you are able to catch it. This makes you think that ROBLOX is cheating you of your features, but, in reality, they aren't. Read carefully. The only thing in my memory that ROBLOX took away from NBCers were a handful of places and items that were labeled as BC-Only. For the rest, not much else. To make up for that, they even GAVE you a feature - the ability to join five groups. Not make one, but that's hardly unfriendly - it costs 100 ROBUX to make one anyways. In the reality of this, NBCers have really never lost much. They've been steady in balance for the past six years. All these changes have been sweeping around ROBLOX, but if you're an NBCer, what does it matter? Not much has directly affected us. We can still play millions of free games and build one, we can still socialize with the community anywhere and everywhere we are on ROBLOX, we can still buy almost everything on the catalog that appeals to our style. As long as that doesn't change, I see no reason why NBCers ought to be discontent. After all, ROBLOX has to run a site, and you're lucky enough that you even get these features for free. To clear it up, all these features are virtual. You should be happy you even have a computer, rather than complaining that your stash of plastic cash isn't piling up very high. If you're THAT bugged with the fact that you're not rich in the computer if you're THAT bugged that you can't buy the whole catalog, if you're THAT bugged over not being able to put a brick on a brick ten times in ten games, then, you may complain. -- Chapter III "BC-Only" Honestly. The amount of changes sweeping over ROBLOX, and the one the players choose is this subject. How, exactly, is this new BC feature devastating? So, maybe you can no longer play ALL the free games on ROBLOX, and you are so sadly restricted to playing a HUGE MAJORITY of the free games on ROBLOX. Maybe you can't buy the whole catalog, even though you didn't have enough to even buy three mildly expensive hats in direct succession anyways. BC-Only is interpreted as bigger than it actually is. BCers think, when they look at BC-Only, "Ugggghhh... I REALLY want to play that game... ooh! I can! *buys*." Which is smart. NBCers look at it like, "Ugh! I can't freaking play five games that I don't care about and no one ever has and instead I'm restricted to a stupid 999,995!?!?" The NBC reaction wasn't anticipated by ROBLOX, mainly because the reaction was so ridiculous. Why do you care about it, honestly? You can still buy virtually anything on the Catalog, and you can still play virtually any game on ROBLOX. So why do you care? -- Chapter IV "The Social Network" ROBLOX has been turning, slowly, it's style into something different than what it was in '06-'08. Is this a problem? Not really. In the eyes of an old veteran, it is. But to all the other newbies, ROBLOX is the perfect world. In 2006, everyone was generally the same type of person - a scripter, friendly, and happy. This was a pretty perfect land that they had stumbled upon. Eventually, in 2008, ROBLOX decided that, in conclusion of the event of it receiving many users, it needed to start going in a different direction with its traditional style. Thus, we have what we do today - spamload of clothes, groups, chat in a game and out of it, status updates, feeds, best friends, all of that. These are the elements of a social network. Before I get into it, let me clarify "social network." By "ROBLOX turning into a social network," I do not mean "ROBLOX turning into a total social network." It is still what it was in 2008 and under, but since then, some minor and major changes to ROBLOX's building and crafting style began to occur. Now, you can talk with anyone anywhere on the site at any time, you can turn your character into billions of looks, you can receive stashes of cash to boost yourself with the up-to-date style, and you can connect with Facebook. Is this bad? No, it is not. For the newbies of the game, ROBLOX can be rated as good - heaven. For the old ones, they find that ROBLOX's new style doesn't suit them well. That's why you see so few old veterans nowadays, they all quit from the changes. Social networking is a smart business tactic because nowadays, what everyone likes to do is talk, upload pictures, talk, get up-to-date with the style, talk, comment on pictures and videos by other people, talk, and did I mention talk? Thus, the social networking style brings in the two biggest elements of a growing business - money and customers. Whether you like it or not, ROBLOX is changing, and will not stop. You cannot stop change. Nothing is perfect. If you don't like the new style, than quit. Personally, I see no reason why you should quit because of the changes. The only thing that has directly affected an NBCer would be the community. And a handful of small, unnoticeable updates. Can you not still play millions of free games at no expense other than time? Can you not still post a message on a forum as many times you like and in as many forums you want? Can you not still make a place and profile? You can still. If these changes don't affect you, you shouldn't leave. Granted, the community may be a lot different than back then, but, change is change. You can't stop it. To make it clear, ROBLOX is transforming its tradition, and it is unlikely they will stop. So save yourself the time of ranting, and cool yourself down by playing a nice game with your friends. You don't have to act rash, you just need to pretend nothing has ever happened, which, technically, it almost didn't. -- Chapter V "Greedy ROBLOX" Large chunks of the community (majority being NBCers) have taken up to ranting for the supposed ROBLOX's lack of respect and care for NBCers. A traditional rant would include a user stating the several reasons why ROBLOX only wants money and they don't care about the non-members. That they live in mansions with indoor swimming pools and vaults with millions of dollars them. This isn't new. I've seen wordwall rants that looked so well thought through, they were actually achieving a point. But were they? Well, let's take a look. Typically, this would be the reasons of a ranting NBCer: "ROBLOX only cares about themselves. They treat to the ones who paid, just because they paid. They're greedy, spoiled, and selfish. We barely get any benefits and money. This needs to stop." At the moment it is said, some people may actually agree with him. But, if you think simply and with common sense, you'll discover that that exact same argument can be used against itself. I'll explain why. What if ROBLOX actually NEEDED the money? With all the possibilities of amounts of money they spend and receive, even a fine, patient mathematician wouldn't be able to figure it out. Firstly, there's bandwidth. For every feature ROBLOX expends, a little money must come with it. If you paid six dollars a month for BC, ROBLOX would not get six dollars a month. On estimate, they'd get about two. But, this is just an estimate. I know nothing of economics, and I never bothered to try and calculate what they earn and spend. Next, there's servers. Every server costs ROBLOX some money. I think, once again, not for sure, that these cost between $300 and $1,000. Please correct me if I'm wrong. Even if I am, ít's still a high cost nonetheless. Finally, there are the employees' salaries. Every worker must be paid, as in any company. I have absolutely no idea how much they get paid. So, with all that ruckus going around, it's nearly impossible to detect which idea is true, and which one is false. So here comes the most important part of this entire post: FORGET ABOUT IT. You're not going to figure it out, so why bother? So what, maybe you're right, but what does that prove exactly? And how would you figure it out? There's no way of telling. Even if 100,000 people think your answer's right, you can't be certain. This is a kids' site. No kid needs to worry about this. So, just, forget about it. This thread is to make clear that there is absolutely NO REASON TO ARGUE ABOUT THIS. Somewhat ironic in its own sense. Yet, you have to agree with me. Every argument you dream up will include an assumption or stereotype somewhere in it. And assumptions are not always right, in fact, most of the time they're incorrect. So, my advice, after this whole spamload of text I've just written? Just, forget about it. Play a game, post on the forums, do what you like to cool yourself down, but don't even bother worrying, because it's not in your hands, and never will be. -- Epilogue So that is what I have to say to you, dear ROBLOX. If you disagree with anything in the text, make sure you have plans for a loooong argument. "TL;DR" and "this is in the wrong forum" will be ignored. Granted, it is in the wrong forum, but this piece of work belongs here.
Recruitsoldier
#53165477Friday, August 19, 2011 4:04 PM GMT

Well, he we go again. My last post had 2,500 views :(
coldbloodedkiller9
#53165535Friday, August 19, 2011 4:04 PM GMT

first reply WIN
Recruitsoldier
#53165590Friday, August 19, 2011 4:06 PM GMT

@cold Technically, I had the first reply. :3
watevs44
#53165637Friday, August 19, 2011 4:06 PM GMT

[ Content Deleted ]
Recruitsoldier
#53165690Friday, August 19, 2011 4:07 PM GMT

@watevs I wonder if this will past 18. That will be fun. We'll have a race with the other post.
coldbloodedkiller9
#53165796Friday, August 19, 2011 4:09 PM GMT

@recruit well its your thread so it doesnt quite count lol. genius post btw, i read the last one to. its a true eye opener, maybe this will cut back on people who cry about bc......
Recruitsoldier
#53165887Friday, August 19, 2011 4:11 PM GMT

Going offline nou. Keep dis thread alive. I'll be back tomorrow. Bai. Last bump
legend536
#53165888Friday, August 19, 2011 4:11 PM GMT

I like this post... I don't care if it's in the wrong Topic, this should go on every single Topic in the Forum... Yes i actually read this whole thing :) How long did this take to type up?
Recruitsoldier
#53165929Friday, August 19, 2011 4:11 PM GMT

@legend 50 minutes at least. Now bye, seriously. :l
xtreamk12
#53165975Friday, August 19, 2011 4:12 PM GMT

Thank you for making this. It's annoyed me so much.
coldbloodedkiller9
#53166048Friday, August 19, 2011 4:13 PM GMT

@recruit maybe a new chapter over off-site advertising for nbcers, they whine way to much about that, i know people who quit because of it (sad right?). but what nbcers dont realize is that advertising literally pays for them to play. you can espand on that if you want to, im gonna go, eh idk eat some chicken?
coldbloodedkiller9
#53166543Friday, August 19, 2011 4:21 PM GMT

BAWMP
coldbloodedkiller9
#53167673Friday, August 19, 2011 4:40 PM GMT

i said....BAAWWWMMMPPP
xa21
#53167823Friday, August 19, 2011 4:42 PM GMT

Alright guys,lets protect this with our mod shields. *takes out shield*
Winterpwner
#53168544Friday, August 19, 2011 4:56 PM GMT

Activate Active Shielding... Active Shielding activating in Three... Two... ONE. - [Active Shielding is currently online]-
Winterpwner
#53168623Friday, August 19, 2011 4:58 PM GMT

You know, we could post this in ROBLOX talk, and when it get's CD there, we can blame ROBLOX for it's heresy.
coldbloodedkiller9
#53168935Friday, August 19, 2011 5:03 PM GMT

@above clever, very clever, but then roblox will hate us and its crappy mod systemwill end up even worse.
Winterpwner
#53169153Friday, August 19, 2011 5:07 PM GMT

Yes, but really, it's getting to the point where mods are feared more than the police. I mean, the police pops in once in a while at my dad's restaurant, and I can talk freely with them, but why am I scared about a person I don't even know?
purepower212
#53169916Friday, August 19, 2011 5:20 PM GMT

that forum post he typed reminded me of bullying and the people being bullied essay i wrote
coldbloodedkiller9
#53174974Friday, August 19, 2011 6:37 PM GMT

BWMPITY BAWMP BAWMP
Gray151
#53175800Friday, August 19, 2011 6:49 PM GMT

tl;dr To lazy for a siggy.
fredbtwist
#53177089Friday, August 19, 2011 7:08 PM GMT

This isn't even a suggestion. But strangely, I support! :D
buzzshockey
#53177795Friday, August 19, 2011 7:18 PM GMT

Wow cold your an noob NBC whinning about offsite ads remove your BC and we will see who whining don't post useless stuff about NBCERS that is false.And recruit so with this thread you made your blaming almost everythong on NBC mayby you should add BCERS showing off being spoiled brats and you think NBC can play games wrong they make the BC games but over 70% of them doesn't even have a NBC version i just guesed with the 70%.We can't play with our friends because they are keep playing BC games and the people who ruining roblox is the stupid crappy noobs that works for this company a fail company and BCERS not all BCERS thinks they are better then everyone else that why people is quiting.
QuintinityZero
#53178014Friday, August 19, 2011 7:21 PM GMT

This is stupid. ~ Dumbledore ~

of     33   
chevron_rightchevron_rightchevron_right