of     1   

ozork
#54424800Wednesday, September 07, 2011 9:34 PM GMT

======================================================== ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ======================================================== Table of Contents I. Preface II. Official ROBLOX Stock Market III. Companies IV. Epilogue If you would prefer to skip to the section you would like to read, press Control + F to open a Find menu. Type in the title exactly like it is typed above to jump to that part of the page. ======================================================== ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ======================================================== Preface DISCLAIMER : Any ideas mentioned here are intellectual property of yours truly, unless they are specified otherwise. Ideas taken from here are stolen property unless you ask for my permission and give credit somewhere in your post. ROBLOX Biz a suggestion pertaining to a ROBLOX economy that goes far beyond the simple currencies of Robux and Tickets. If you don't agree or would like to comment, please be constructive. This is not a thread to troll or flame on. Many thanks, ozork ======================================================== ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ======================================================== Official ROBLOX Stock Market This brings us to my first suggestion; an official ROBLOX Stock Market. This stock market will be included in its own tab, making a space between 'Contests' and 'Forum'. Yes, there is already a ROBLOX Stock Market, on the unofficial website run by former administrator clockwork, you can find it at roblox/hq/.com, (Don't add in the /'s). However, of course this is unofficial and only has a market for places, and those places are old places, 'classics', if you will. I'm calling for an official one to be ran on the official ROBLOX website. Now, the stock market would have 3 markets, the Place market, ('PLCE' ticker), the Business market, (explained later, 'BIZ' ticker), and the Group market ('GROP' ticker). Each of these markets sell, obviously, three different types of stock. The Place market sells stock on places, the Business market sells stock on businesses, and the Group market sells stock on groups. The Stock market is also both NBC and BC, but it costs robux to buy stock. Immature people or alts could spam-buy stock to make it rise a place's value otherwise. The stock market would also feature it's own section in the 'Forum' section, including separate boards for the Place market, Business market, and Group market. The Place market sells stock on places. When a place that is on one of the first ten pages of the 'Games' section receives 250 visits within one hour, the stock value will go up by 10 robux. Anyone who owns stock within this place will receive +10 robux to it's original value, and the buying price will go up by 10 robux as well. So, thus, if a Place received 1000 visits within one hour, the stock value would go up by 40 robux. However, if less than 250 visit within one hour, the stock value will decrease by 10 robux, below the buying price, even. If you are a BC member, you receive an option to click on the ticker to view charts of how the place has been doing pertaining to stocks in the last week, month, and 6 months, as well as 10 newest people to buy stock in that place, as well as the description. If you are NBC, you can only view the description of the place and the thumbnail. The Business market sells stock on businesses, of course. When a business receives profit, (also explained later) ROBLOX will view the profit, divide it by 10, and then the quotient will be the number of Robux that the stock value rises. For example, if there was a business, with a total week profit of 40 robux, the stock value of that business would rise 4 robux. However, if 10 is greater than the weekly profit, the stock value would decrease. Ergo, if we had a company that only had 4 robux as its profit, the stock value would decrease by four robux. Clicking on the ticker, if you are BC, would bring up three charts of that company's stock value over the course of a week, a month, and 6 months. You would also be shown the 10 newest people to buy stock in that place, as well as the description and thumbnail. However, if you are NBC, you would only be given the option to read the description and view the thumbnail. Tickers would only be shown of the top 45 businesses, pertaining profit. The Group market sells stock on, well, you know by now, groups. When a group receives 10 new members within an hour, it will receive +10 robux on its stock value. If it does not receive 10 new members within an hour, it will be downgraded -10 in terms of stock value. Only the top 30 group tickers, in terms of members, would be showcased. As before, only BC can view charts of stock value growth through a weekly chart, monthly chart, and 6 month chart, as well as the description and group image. NBC only are allowed to view the group image and description. ======================================================== ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ======================================================== Companies As mentioned above, Businesses/Companies are very similar to groups, in the respect that they can only be created by BC members, and that they have a group place, a description, ranks. However, instead of a wall, there is a private conferencing program within the browser, that includes chatrooms of several people. These chatrooms are able to be Report Abused by members of them. Chatrooms can be divided by rank, or by number of members. The settings for these divisions are done through the 'Business Admin', similar to the 'Group Admin'. Companies can sell Shirts, Pants, T-Shirts, and Models. There are report abuse buttons for each of these products for copyright issues. For models, however, there is another safeguard against copying others' property. When going into edit mode, you are prompted 'Do you want to build products for [company name here]?" If you say no, then you can't upload products to the company. If you say yes, you can't access free models. Company products are also screened by the two highest ranks, included the owner before being put up for sale. Also, you can't use your own models if you go into Company Product Mode, to prevent people from buying your models then selling them for lower prices. You cannot submit Shirts and Pants for screening and then sales unless you are a BC member. NBC members can only submit Models and T-Shirts for screening and then production. Worker pay settings are in 'Business Admin'. The minimum wage is 4 robux a week or 20 tickets, (the currency is decided in 'Business Admin'). When sales are tallied at the end of the week, all of the money earned from selling goes to pay workers. Any extra left over goes to the Owner, and if enabled, the second highest rank, which makes it get split evenly. The extra left over is called profit, which has a lot to do with the Business' stock value. Also, the owner and, if enabled, the second highest rank will receive 10 extra robux if the company stock rises by 1 percent, even if they own stock in their own company. ======================================================== ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ======================================================== Epilogue DISCLAIMER : Any ideas mentioned here are intellectual property of yours truly, unless they are specified otherwise. Ideas taken from here are stolen property unless you ask for my permission and give credit somewhere in your post. ROBLOX Biz a suggestion pertaining to a ROBLOX economy that goes far beyond the simple currencies of Robux and Tickets. If you don't agree or would like to comment, please be constructive. This is not a thread to troll or flame on. Many thanks, ozork ======================================================== ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ========================================================
ozork
#54425237Wednesday, September 07, 2011 9:39 PM GMT

Reserved.
Cjslick
#54425742Wednesday, September 07, 2011 9:44 PM GMT

Suggested Companies already: http://www.roblox.com/Forum/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=52290933 It's offically no longer your intellectual property...
ozork
#54425819Wednesday, September 07, 2011 9:45 PM GMT

Lemme find the link...I posted this before on my other account about a year ago..give me a second.
Qo1
#54426278Wednesday, September 07, 2011 9:51 PM GMT

Here's a link to the Stock Market Idea; not long ago, but I've reposted hundreds of times on different accounts: http://www.roblox.com/Forum/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=49382894 Lemme find the companies idea..
Cjslick
#54426421Wednesday, September 07, 2011 9:53 PM GMT

If it's from a year ago I still win, I suggested this basically as soon as I joined (09) IT won't be found if it's over a year though...
Robot304
#54426660Wednesday, September 07, 2011 9:56 PM GMT

You win. It's your intellectual property now. (I guess my idea was just something that built off of yours. :P) Credit to Cjslick for dreaming up companies.
Cjslick
#54426835Wednesday, September 07, 2011 9:58 PM GMT

^w00t^
GreyWolf118
#55248257Saturday, September 24, 2011 1:22 AM GMT

It's a good idea, except for the Group stocks. Some groups don't even get 10 members in 48 hours so that stock is going to be doing -480 after two days. Still a good idea, but it could, like everything, be better.
Wormsrawesome
#55248338Saturday, September 24, 2011 1:23 AM GMT

tl;dr. o.o -I make you qq-

of     1