AppleKat
#63653348Thursday, March 01, 2012 7:34 AM GMT

"Children are not capable of bringing out the potential of Roblox, since building in Roblox is more so for the advanced minds." i kinda lol'd at that:3
RocketmanRevamped
#63654919Thursday, March 01, 2012 11:19 AM GMT

I'm 13. I use plug-ins, can script and build using studio reasonably well. Get out.
#63664718Thursday, March 01, 2012 8:05 PM GMT

im below 13. i can solve a 100 piece puzzle in 30-60 minutes. deal with it.
Aderux
#63665048Thursday, March 01, 2012 8:15 PM GMT

Really. And you would see adults playing roblox which is just bits of bricks and that? No.
TheDarkDerek
#63665324Thursday, March 01, 2012 8:23 PM GMT

I totally agree. The way the browser looks is... Eh. :/
SteelCross
#63666405Thursday, March 01, 2012 8:49 PM GMT

For one, if they didn't advertise for kids, ROBLOX will lose it's money. Bad as of now, they got sewed by Lego and it is a bad time to lose money. Lots of the BCers population will be lost. Of course, roblox will be losing money. It will make people happy until ROBLOX gets shut down.
TheDarkDerek
#63757069Saturday, March 03, 2012 5:09 PM GMT

Well, here is my thoughts again. I can't ask any of my friends to make an account on ROBLOX without being embarassed because the browser looks like a five year old game. With the animals and the smiling pirate. :/
DjayBoy
#63757737Saturday, March 03, 2012 5:20 PM GMT

go on hunter6466 hes 11 and he can script 9/10 im learning im nine and im getting good
Kologarn
#63758701Saturday, March 03, 2012 5:38 PM GMT

[ Content Deleted ]
megakevin007
#63759291Saturday, March 03, 2012 5:48 PM GMT

Also kids arent obligated to build a ultra complex place in 1 try.They need to train.When they want to try to script theil just ask for some help.
dontplayforever
#63771837Saturday, March 03, 2012 9:28 PM GMT

I disagree.
DestinyKiare
#63772027Saturday, March 03, 2012 9:31 PM GMT

Excuse me? I am nine. I am smart and I can script. Kids aren't THAT stupid. Don't be ticking us off. We are as smart as all these other people that you think are NOT kids combined. All of us are kids. I can't imagine anyone that has posted this forum in 18 +.
CheesyPita
#63772152Saturday, March 03, 2012 9:34 PM GMT

That's why they brought out the stamper tool. It's simpler and easier to use. ~~Blame It On John~~
DestinyKiare
#63772440Saturday, March 03, 2012 9:39 PM GMT

The stamper tool? Ever since ROBLOX updated with the stamper tool, I've gone nuts, and I cannot build anymore therefore because the stamper tool is a little too complicated. But of course, I'M 9! I ain't smart enough! I have a brain the size of a SPECK. Kids are awesome. Kids can script just the same as you.
DestinyKiare
#63772737Saturday, March 03, 2012 9:44 PM GMT

Lets just all agree on one thing. This idea sucks. ~Additional charge- RAWR~
SuperSy
#64724201Wednesday, March 21, 2012 1:34 PM GMT

If you can script and you're younger than 13, chances are you're more mature than other kids your age. I think what he's trying to say, is that ROBLOX should not target all their things to kids. They should be a little more lenient to the older players.
court2000
#64724231Wednesday, March 21, 2012 1:38 PM GMT

"Roblox has an advanced physics engine, Lua coding, limitless possibilities and an infinite amount of potential. Children are not capable of bringing out the potential of Roblox, since building in Roblox is more so for the advanced minds." You are sorta right. ROBLOX *does* have an advanced physics engine & Lua coding. But ROBLOX should still be a kids site. Cause remember the Stamper tool? Some kids LOVE building with it! What about games? Maybe the kids cant really build anything good, but that doesnt mean they still cant have fun playing other peoples places!!! No support.
GigsD4X
#64724383Wednesday, March 21, 2012 1:52 PM GMT

1. Kids _really_ want to make their own games and get a taste of game development 2. Kids like to play other kids' games 3. There is no other game creation tool in the world that is as awesome as ROBLOX 4. One does not simply moonwalk into Mordor (wait that's irrelevant) 5. One does not simply remove an opportunity for a kid to succeed (because ROBLOX makes people smart [haven't you ever seen the Scripters forum?])
Verdigris
#64725512Wednesday, March 21, 2012 3:12 PM GMT

80% of this thread proves the original poster's point that under 13s are unintelligent. You guys didn't understand crap to the thread. He said to advertise the game for older kids but to still let younger kids in. You guys thought he was proposing an age barrier. So full support.This thread has proven that -13s on this game are for the most part unintelligent. ~uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu~
foggydog3799
#64725536Wednesday, March 21, 2012 3:15 PM GMT

Roblox should so be for kids look at the rules they are kid firendly and this is only for fourm you should look at all rules Fourm rules: 1. The mod is always right. What the mod says, goes. 2. If you have a question about any of these rules, or if you have a question about your ban, PM a mod or contact [email protected]. Do not post about your ban on the forum. If you post about your ban on the forum, you may get banned again. 3. You are expected to abide by the spirit of these rules. What does that mean? That means that if the rule says "Do not talk about purple things" and you post talking about violet things, or lavender things, then you will get banned. (No, you are not being forbidden from talking about purple things. That was just an example). Do not try to find loopholes in the rules. You will be banhammered if you do. 4. Don't cuss. Period. It has no place in our community. Attempts to disguise bad language or bypass the language filters will not be tolerated. 5. Don't be a jerk. You’re welcome to disagree with another member’s opinion but attacking (flaming) and insulting another member is not acceptable. Intentionally starting flame wars WILL cause you to be banned for a while. You can say "I disagree, and here is why". You can NOT say "I disagree and I think you suck". You can say "I do not like racing games". You can NOT say "This player has built a racing game and I hate it". 5a. What is a personal attack? A personal attack is when you post about a Roblox player on the forum and talk about them in a negative way. This includes announcing that somebody scammed you, or that somebody is a hacker. DO NOT NAME NAMES. Linking to their profile is the same as naming their name. 6. No degrading racial comments are allowed. I shouldn't even have to say this. Seriously, you guys. Don't hate. 7. No inappropriate references. There’s no question that Internet is full of degrading inappropriate material and comments. Roblox is fully G-rated, it must be KEPT that way. This will get you instantly banned. If you are not sure if the thing you want to talk about it okay to talk about, PM a mod and ask. This means no talking about anything R-rated, drugs, or any dating topic (including furries). 8. No Politics. No Religion. We prefer that members not get involved in political or religious discussions because they often result in flaring tempers and flame wars. Yes, you may make a religious or political shirt. Yes, you may make a religious or political game. No, you may not talk about your political views or religious ideals on the forum. No exceptions. 9. No “this vs. that” posts (ie Ford vs Chevy). These types of threads invoke strong opinions, flaring tempers, and often result in flame wars and mass penalties. These threads will ultimately end up being deleted. 10. No whining about moderation This mostly applies to the operation and moderation of the online community. Members will be banned, threads removed, and so on based on the clearly defined rules. Publicly bemoaning the operation of the community and the way the rules are enforced will not put you in good favor with the moderators. If you have a legitimate concern or suggestion, PM a moderator. This also includes "pity threads", meaning ones proclaiming you're leaving, my cat died, etc. 11. No spamming. akdjfaskhj is spam. Posting the same thing over and over is spam. Responding to somebody with a short pointless comment like tl;dr or inb4b& is spam AND it's rude. Don't do this. If you are going to take the time to post on the forum, make sure that you actually have something to say. Using horrible grammar and spelling is a form of spamming. Making a typo or spelling a word wrong is not spamming. tieping liek dis lawl is spamming. 11a. Post things on the appropriate forum. Scripting questions go on Scripting Help. Discussion about TV shows (including My Little Pony) goes on Movies/Books/TV. If you are not certain which forum you should post on, PM a mod and ask. Posts posted on the wrong forum may be moved or deleted without warning. Repeat posts may be flagged as spam. 12. No dangerous or harmful posts. Posts that encourage members to participate in real-world activities that we deem to be harmful or dangerous to members will be deleted (i.e. lighting things on fire, jumping cars over people, deleting necessary computer files, etc.). 13. [REDACTED] You may talk about directly competing games. 14. No dating topics. This isn't a dating help site. Keep topics about dating and relationships, be it online or not, out of here. Do not post asking for girlfriend advice. Do not post asking for a boyfriend. Do not post talking about the cute girl or boy in your class. Do not post asking how to ask somebody out. There are a lot of places online where you can talk about dating: Roblox is not one of those places. If you are not sure if it's okay to post, do not post it. 15. No Trading. Use the RoblEX for currency trades (My ROBLOX --> Money --> Trade Currency). No other trading is permitted. THIS INCLUDES RAFFLES, PLAYER-RUN CONTESTS, GIVE-AWAYS, ETC. These are NOT allowed. 16. No offsite links. At all. None. No wikipedia, no YouTube, no fan sites. If the address does not start with http://www.roblox.com/, then you may not post it here. No exceptions. 17. Just because you know somebody who broke a rule and didn't get banned does not mean that you get to break that rule, too. Instead of complaining how unfair the mods are, go report the person who got away with breaking the rule. 18. Do not talk about 2012/the end of the world/Armageddon. Some people get scared at the thought of the end of the world. There are little kids on this game - don't scare them. 19. These rules are not complete. They will be updated from time to time. Make sure you check back every few days to see if a new rule has been added. 20. Click the TERMS AND CONDITIONS link at the bottom of the screen and read all the rules there. Then click the COMMUNITY GUIDELINES link and read all those rules, too.
foggydog3799
#64725552Wednesday, March 21, 2012 3:16 PM GMT

Saying that what 9-12 year old can scrip I wont say my age but I am in between 9-12 and I can create scrips I even made my own admin commands that work
Jikati
#64725694Wednesday, March 21, 2012 3:26 PM GMT

I couldn't agree more.
Calnan54
#64726390Wednesday, March 21, 2012 4:05 PM GMT

Think about it: Would the admins really agree about this? They would lose money due to younger ones losing interest, and so what if some younger ones can't make the games you enjoy? At least they're having fun. And if it were a 13+ game, the rules would change. There would be no "6 year olds are playing this" excuse. More ODs would accure. More insults. It would be a mess. Oh, and just so you know, the places would not get better. There would still be trash. And this is coming from a 9-12. You're wrong about us. Get out.
Aurarus
#66606449Thursday, April 19, 2012 3:02 PM GMT

Bump
LeFerrum
#66607231Thursday, April 19, 2012 3:51 PM GMT

well there is a lua coding helper