of     1   

Lego306
#553728Monday, March 03, 2008 11:25 PM GMT

Ok i try going to the help center right? Well it goes off telling me about the Lua language and it's giving me all these fancy words and codes and this and that and all this stuff i don't have a clue about! what does this all mean and where do i go to learn all of this?
Lego306
#572206Saturday, March 08, 2008 5:32 PM GMT

Please, I have had this post up awhile, and i'm a little concerned. If you have any information or something that can help me, please let me know.
laina
#573145Saturday, March 08, 2008 8:55 PM GMT

i had to learn this the hard way. its actually simple. Its computer scripting code. heres a simple one: debounce = false --this makes it so you dont bounce backwards function onTouched(hit)--this is function. this is basicly what the main thing it will do is. if debounce == false then--just a part to make sure of somthing debounce = true msg = Instance.new("Message")--this is for a message. it tells its a message. msg.Parent = game.Workspace--this means the message will apear in the game for everyone instead of who touches it. msg.Text = "insert message here"--the message wait(3)--how long it shows up msg:remove()--makes the message go away debounce = false--make it false again end--make it end end script.Parent.Touched:connect(onTouched)--just some stuff at the end for the rest of function. all of this makes a message appear on the screen. it may seem complicated, but really its basic scripting, which is a main part of making a ROBLOX place. hope that helped.
Lego306
#575656Sunday, March 09, 2008 3:15 PM GMT

Thanks for that laina, i think that did help i bit, thanks a lot
jtm110972
#575835Sunday, March 09, 2008 4:19 PM GMT

Oh yeah, this is a GREAT scripting guide. http://wiki.roblox.com/index.php?title=In-Depth_Scripting_Guide
Lego306
#580314Monday, March 10, 2008 10:07 PM GMT

thank you very much jtm, i'll check it out!

of     1