of     1   

AlvAlv6II
#64199739Monday, March 12, 2012 2:31 AM GMT

This is an extremely basic baginner's vocabulary Latin post. if you want to see more advanced grammar posts and otherwise, please reply saying so. Learning Latin is helpful because it will help you to learn all of the languages base doff of it, such as french, Spanish, Portugese, Italian, and Romanian. And now it begins. --- Here is some ultra-basic vocaabulary. And by the way, these are pronounced jst like they're spelled, the pronunciation is almost unnecessary, as it is a dead language. Puer: Boy Puella: Girl Pater: Father Mater: Mother Filius: Son Filia: Daughter Frater: Brother Soror: Sister Dies: Day Noctes: Night Aqua: Water One: (I) Unus Two: (II) Duo Three: (III) Trio Four: (IV) Quattuor Five: (V) Quinque Ad: Toward Ab: Away from In: In (Ablative Case, don't worry about cases yet) In: Into (Accusative case) Agro: Field Arbor: Tree --- This is some easy vocabulary, which wuold help you as time goes on. -End of Lesson I-Part I)-
TheMyrco
#64208787Monday, March 12, 2012 7:45 AM GMT

But the grammar is very important, and can be very hard for people who don't know it. Like: Ave, ave. (= Hello grandpa) Avus = grandpa But because you call is and it ends with the vowels "us" it is rewritten to 'e'.
cipi41
#64211950Monday, March 12, 2012 2:31 PM GMT

It's funny how in most languages "MA" make part of the word mom. ex: Mama, ma and mami (With accent on the second a) Spanish Mama; Russian, Slovakian;German;Polish;Romanian Mama;(accent on the first a) Chinese;Czech;Ukraine Ma, mama;Indonezian Mamma; Italy, Sweeden Maman; French and Persian Mama, Mae; Portugal Majka, Mati, Mama; Croatian, Serbian Eomma; Koreean And many others! (Special post for Mom's day)
AlvAlv6II
#64247814Tuesday, March 13, 2012 1:52 AM GMT

All of those above translations are based off of 'Mater', latin for Mother. It makes sense, they were adopted into the systems. Should i post the maybe...120 suffixes I know so far? eash modify the word they attatch onto differently. Here are first-declension feminine suffixes, present tense, along with case: Singular Nominative: -a Genitive: -ae Dative: -ae Accusitive: -am Ablative: -a (Mecron attatched, alters pronunciation as if you were saying the letter name) Plural Nominative: -ae genitive: -arum Dative: -is Accusitive: -as Ablative: -is --- You will be able to tell these apart from the context. This way, the entence can be used as a whole. Here is an example of a noun conjugation, using the table above: Puella (Nom.) Puellae (Gen.) Puellae (Dat.) Puallam (Acc.) Puella (with a mecron) (Abl.) Puellae Puellarum Puellis Puellas Puellis (All above lists follow the same order as the first one, with cases) --- The most important cases are the nominitive and accusative. They are also easy to learn. The nominative is the subject of a sentence, the person doing something. The accusative is the direct object, the person or object the verb is done to. An example: Puella in agros ambulat. Agros means fields, and ambulat means walk, or in this case, walks. Verb conjugatoin comes later. Now you can take some verbs from below, and try making simple sentences. Verbs: Ambulat: (Plural Ambulant) Walk Currit: (Plural Currunt) Run Videt (Plural Vident) See Audit (Plural Audiunt) Hear Scribit (Plural Scribunt) Write Legit: (Plural Lgunt) Write Try making simple sentences below, in replies. (End of Lesson I - Part II)
TheMyrco
#64263219Tuesday, March 13, 2012 2:50 PM GMT

@cipi: In Dutch it is: Mama too, but the first a is pronounced as one a (small a) and the second a as a long a, so the pronouncation would be typed as: Mamaa (I can''t use symbols atm, they''re messed up as you can see.) But tough we also say mother as: ma, mam, moeder, moe (moe is rarley used as mother, cause moe also means the sound a cow makes in Dutch and moe also means tired in Dutch).
AlvAlv6II
#64602988Monday, March 19, 2012 1:05 AM GMT

In voca mei, in animus mei, in corpus mei, sum non mortuus.

of     1