of     1   

SuperSy
#65008837Monday, March 26, 2012 8:38 PM GMT

The one thing that annoys a lot of people is when some trolls come on to clans and guilds and post random stuff such as "I don't know what this group is, lol guys!1" The whole point of the Clans and Guilds forum is for groups to post threads, like polls, feedback forums, or information, specifically FOR their clan. In an effort to reduce spam, I suggest that thread creators can have the option to only allow certain members of a group that they are in reply to their thread. This way, if GuildOwner1 wanted to have a feedback forum for his group, ClanGuildFTW, he could make sure that nobody that was not in his clan would be able to post. Only members of ClanGuildFTW would be able to post their constructive criticism about the group. This could also be done so that they can toggle what ranks and higher they want to be able to reply. This way, if GuildOwner1 wanted to have a discussion with his higher ranks of the group, on what changes they could do to their head quarters, he could make it so only rank 6 and up could reply. There is another way to do this, without involving groups. On YT, you can upload videos and configure them to be unlisted. Only people with the actual link to the video can view unlisted videos. This probably is a worse way to go around it, but a thread owner could make his thread unlisted. That way, it would NOT appear on the forums at all. Nobody but the people with the link would know it existed. That way, GuildOwner1 could post the link to the thread on the group shout, and ask for feedback. This way, all members of the group would see it, and on reply it would appear in MyForums. However, nobody at all would be able to go in to the Clans & Guilds forum and see a thread they can't even reply to. This way has two upsides to it. One of them is, it reduces spam. It would be annoying to see a bunch of threads that you can only view, but cannot reply to. If it is not concerning the average player, they could just click 'unlisted' and nobody would have to have the Clans & Guilds Forum clogged up with threads that could be unlisted. The other upside to using the unlisted way is that you would be able to do that to all threads. So this way would also include people like RTers. They'd be able to have a long discussion with all of their 'Best Friends' by posting the link to their personal shout. The bad side to choosing the unlisted option, however, would be that group members couldn't just stumble upon the thread in the forums, realizing that the thread belongs to their group, and reply to it. They'd have to receive the link from the shout. It would also take away the chance to recruit average players to your clan by posting the thread, and attracting the attention of a new player. A new player might stumble upon a feedback thread, and think, "Oh, this clan is actually taking feedback from their members? That sounds like a clan I want to join!" So, which idea did you like better? Do you support any of them? Do you want both options, group threads and unlisted threads? If you don't like them, why not? Thank you, and make sure you have read the entire thing over.
dumptruck3333
#65008889Monday, March 26, 2012 8:39 PM GMT

Support=i do.
JulienDethurens
#65009079Monday, March 26, 2012 8:42 PM GMT

I support the idea of unlisted threads, but not only for C&G. There should be a feature that allows you to post an unlisted thread. It would not be located in any forum, it would just be marked as "unlisted". Anyone could reply to it, but it wouldn't show in any list. Basically, it would just be a button on the main forum page (the page listing all the forums, not the page of each forum) that would allow you to create an unlisted thread.
SuperSy
#65009746Monday, March 26, 2012 8:52 PM GMT

Well yeah, one of the upsides I posted to unlisted is the fact that they'd be for all of them. However, I still kind of like the idea of posting it in a category. That way you just have a category to go by. But your idea wouldn't really be any harm either, so I have no opinion either way. If it gets done, I'm fine with that :3

of     1