of     11   
chevron_rightchevron_rightchevron_right

bloxy980
#68960678Thursday, May 31, 2012 12:37 AM GMT

I sent the ROBLOX company an email, here is the response: Hello, We understand that you have tried some of these solutions, but please read through all the information below and try all of the suggested steps. Report any issues or error messages that you have. Be as detailed as possible and follow all of the instructions so that we can assist you further. Problem Roblox client can’t connect to the Roblox game server. You cannot play games. What Happens Roblox fails to connect to the game server, sometimes showing the user an error message Error messages include "Could Not Connect", "ID 17 Failure", and similar User can "Visit Solo" but cannot "Visit Online". Why it Happens Firewall This is almost always a firewall problem, though it can be (in very few cases) the result of a low-bandwidth connection or a flaky wireless connection. You can rule out the wireless connection by switching to a wired connection if possible. If it’s not the connection, or if you can't try a wired connection, assume it's the firewall. Slow Internet Connection / Big Map If you are playing on the internet on really slow service, and the map is big, it can take a good bit of time to actually download the map. Give it a little while. ROBLOX can be played on a modem, but your experience is likely to be poor. Empty Map / Place If the map seems to be running.. but it is unusually devoid of stuff, then the map did in fact load. The maker probably just didn't do anything with the map, so it is empty. You can tell when a map is done loading, a chime is sounded. Bad Map / Place The map/place could be bad. Something happened when the map was made, there is some bad script, or something is preventing the map from working properly. Inform the maker of the problem, there is nothing you can do about it. What to Do Make Sure You’re Using the Supported Browser. First thing to check, is see what browser you are using. Currently, the ROBLOX web site and the inbuilt browser you use in the Roblox Studio are using Internet Explorer. Please make sure you have the most updated version of IE and then try playing ROBLOX. You can also try playing via a different browser such as Firefox or Google Chrome. Check your browser’s security settings. In Internet Explorer go to the Tools > Internet Options Menu. Then go to the Security Tab. Look to see if your security is set to High. You’ll need to lower your security setting or add ROBLOX to the Trusted Sites list. In Internet Explorer go to the Tools > Internet Options Menu. Then go to the Security Tab. 1. Click Trusted Sites check mark 2. Click the Sites Button 3. Type the web address for ROBLOX 4. Un-check the Require box if it is checked 5. Click the Add button 6. Click the Close button 7. Close all your browser Windows 8. Open an Internet Explorer window and try again Configure Your Firewall and/or Router Firewall Antivirus or internet security software control which programs can access the internet. Often, these programs err on the side of caution and by default no program is allowed access. The easiest thing to try is just turning your internet firewall software off, to see if that allows you to join games. If it does, you can turn it back on and follow these steps to safely allow ROBLOX to access the internet: Please search Builderman's Help for McAfee, Norton, MSN, and AOL specific help. 1. Find your firewall program's control panel. Often you can find this in the taskbar in the lower right hand corner of your desktop. Otherwise, it is probably in your Windows Control Panel. 2. Find the program permissions section. 3. Find ROBLOX and allow it unrestricted access to the internet. Router The ROBLOX client isn't bound to a specific port for outgoing data, rather it scans to find a free port on your machine. If your router is blocking UDP packets on ANY port, this may prevent ROBLOX from working properly. If you're using a router, please consult your manufacturer's help guide for instructions on how to unblock all ports. If you're using a DSL modem that blocks data ports, please call your ISP and have them walk you through how to unblock them. Finally, just to make sure there's nothing wrong with your installed version of ROBLOX, please try performing a reinstall by following the steps below: Go to www.roblox.com/install and click the Install Roblox button. You do not have to uninstall the program before reinstalling it. Reinstalling will overwrite the copy of the program on your computer, and replace any deleted or broken files. Make sure ALL other programs are closed when performing the reinstall. Thanks! MG [Censored Name], May 29 17:32 (PDT): Lately I've been having problems joining games. I hit the "play" button, and it will no load. Here is a list of things that DO NOT work 1. Restarting ROBLOX. 2. Changing your account. 3. Going on an empty place. 4. Following someone. 5. Trying a different account. 6. Playing as a Guest. 7. Playing an admin's game. 8. Reinstalling ROBLOX. 9. Changing computer. 10. Using Internet Explorer or Chrome instead of the ROBLOX browser. 11. Shutting down the computer. 12. Changing your appearance. 13. Turning your router off and on. Many other people have been having this problem too, so it is not an individual computer. But please fix it, because your company is at a large risk of losing paying members. ROBLOX, Corp www.roblox.com [email protected] Message-Id:3R9W78C0_4fc66bcde0ad9_68fb12c0a789872d_sprut
mrachd
#68961844Thursday, May 31, 2012 12:53 AM GMT

Very well written but I do agree but there is logical ways to fix it
Yohan5252
#74659942Sunday, August 05, 2012 10:19 PM GMT

ikr this is happening to me right now and i idk wats going on!
fyffej
#79672322Sunday, October 07, 2012 11:31 PM GMT

I have a MacBook and now for some reason it is saying that ROBLOX was unable to connect to the internet whenever I try to re-download the application. I am extremely smart and I tell you... It is not me.
bloxy980
#79868020Thursday, October 11, 2012 2:01 AM GMT

Hmmm, have you checked all your settings and restrictions. Some of those may stop you from downloading. I'm not a Mac Pro though, I only use them at school.
k2avatar5
#91348178Saturday, March 09, 2013 4:53 PM GMT

I know, it's as annoying as heck, and I can't connect to any games, no matter the size. But my local internet connection is either not working, like it is now, or kinda slow. Come on computer, fix this or it's the scrapyard for you! JK, but still. It's annoying.
RusseAviateur
#98454215Wednesday, May 22, 2013 9:31 PM GMT

same with me i don't know what to do i LOVE roblox but i can't play EVER because of what you're saying.
XXSamanthaGurlXX
#99201852Tuesday, May 28, 2013 10:53 PM GMT

I don't know what to do! Every time I try to join a game it says that I'm joining the game, but when it finishes loading a box pops up that says- unable to join game please try again later. What can I do to fix it!? I tried to download it again and that didn't work. I love to play roblox and this has happened for about 2 months. I need help!
kitten112
#99289612Wednesday, May 29, 2013 7:34 PM GMT

Mine still won't work...
ChillMast3r
#100908929Tuesday, June 11, 2013 11:01 PM GMT

I can't join any games either. I use a Mac, and every time I try joining ANY game, Roblox crashes and then says "Roblox quit unexpectedly". I've been looking at the crash log to see what the problem was, and the exception tyoe was EXC-CRASH (SIGABRT). I've been searching for how to fix this, but have been unsuccessful. Can anyone help?
flyingapple12345
#106743375Wednesday, July 24, 2013 10:31 AM GMT

Wow thanks! Very useful! You are awesome!
nayelidelgado12
#106766999Wednesday, July 24, 2013 3:27 PM GMT

I can't connect. I tried everything! But it still says that..
michg24
#109451894Monday, August 12, 2013 4:55 PM GMT

its happening to me the bricks and connectors freeze
BlxckFire
#114275583Sunday, September 29, 2013 5:26 PM GMT

Mine just plain loads for HOURS but never opens!
slowrichpro66
#114590685Thursday, October 03, 2013 9:02 PM GMT

This is the SAME thing that is happening to me Really.
Vorobriyev
#114738028Saturday, October 05, 2013 4:58 PM GMT

Btw, they send the same damn response every time you email them something about joining a game.
dacoolman04
#114740756Saturday, October 05, 2013 5:30 PM GMT

download roblox from internet explorer that worked for me ~life is like a box of chocolates; you don't know what you're gonna get~ also add 16k to my post count
starkidfan
#115381456Sunday, October 13, 2013 3:38 PM GMT

I've been trying to connect for ages and I've done all those steps, but it's still not working. And it's on every game.
soundfall
#116721829Tuesday, October 29, 2013 2:17 PM GMT

My roblox player won't Install.It just says DOWNLOAD ROBLOX PLAYER
Pr0tegent_Antivirus
#116728973Tuesday, October 29, 2013 6:51 PM GMT

When I tried joining a game in studio I got the ID=17 screen, but whenever I try to join a game on google chrome it keeps on saying that ROBLOX is updating in an endless loop. ~When life gives you lemons, you throw them at Telamon.
CoinyTheHero54321
#117652974Monday, November 11, 2013 5:36 PM GMT

How do you FIX IT!
emperormicah
#118939406Thursday, November 28, 2013 10:56 PM GMT

Maybe stopped supporting macs?
emperormicah
#118939498Thursday, November 28, 2013 10:58 PM GMT

Omg i can fix it i know how! pm me
SpudMcWh33Ls
#119141247Saturday, November 30, 2013 9:08 PM GMT

I cannot join an online game. It just sits there on the ROBLOX PLAYER's loading screen. No error is found.
RobotWa11E
#119142689Saturday, November 30, 2013 9:22 PM GMT

I'm using an MacBook, and I clicked play, the message says, "The server is ready, joining the game," the game opened in blank, and then, BOOM! The game closed, and that means Roblox has been crashed, so now I have to use the iPad to play games. I browse the website with the computer.

of     11   
chevron_rightchevron_rightchevron_right