of     1   

zerois
#74117706Tuesday, July 31, 2012 12:59 PM GMT

*There is a TL:DR version of this, but I recomend reading the whole post* --TL:DR-- -Blocks being able to produce light and you can configure how much light comes from the block the same way you can control transparency. -New Like/Dislike system for games that has an average percentage on you Profile and if the average is over 50% then you get the number over 50 as daily tickets. EX: If you have a 57% average, you get 7 extra tickets. The max is 50 tix a day. --Light Blocks-- With all of the new ROBLOX features, I've relized that the site itself has been getting more attention than the actual content of Games. Now, what I mean by "Light Blocks" is simply adding a feature that can be controlled like transparency, but ads a new element to the game: Light. Unlike most of the subsitutes of light in models and GUIs, this would actually be 3D lighting that would light up the night and could also be seen through the new Fog feature. This would be very effective with the dynamic lighting feature coming up, as it would be able to realisticly alter the appearence of your game. The way this would work is somewhat like the block transparency option. 0 obiously being the lowest light level, where there is no light at all, and 1 being the maximum ammount of light. As for the light's appearance, as the number gets closer to 1, the light would get brighter and extend how far it reaches, as it gets closer to 0, it would get dimmer and would not reach very far. The light would also be able to be seen through fog, as long as it's somewhat close to you. --Like/Dislike system with added ticket bonus-- (If the Like/Dislike system never gets introduced to ROBLOX, then this idea is rendered useless) The Like/Dislike system was a thought that the developers of ROBLOX showcased at the RGC, so I will not go into too much detail about that. This is just a possible idea that is adding on to that original idea. Ever since you could not longer obtain tickets from advertising ROBLOX on other sites, alot of users have been stripped from alot of daily tickets. Say, if you are a great builder and can make amazing games, you really don't get much of a reward for it, except for maybe a few place visits, and what if you don't have any advertising money? Well, this feature would allow you to gain a higher ammount of daily tickets with the Like/Dislike system. How, you might ask? I will get to explaining that. First of all, if one of your game's percentage is above 10 likes or dislikes, then it will count towards a like/dislike percentage on your profile (only to be viewed by you). If you have two games with 10 likes or dislikes, the two game's percentages will be averaged and displayed on your profile (again, only to be viewed by you). Ok, here's the added ticket bonus part: If your average percentage is over 50%, then you get one ticket for every number you have over 50, the maximum, of course, being 50 tickets a day. This idea would probably be open to everybody, because not all great builders are BC. --Final Message-- Anyway, that concludes my current ideas. Thank you so much for taking the time to read the whole thing through (even if you didn't, thanks for atleast viewing this page and if you didn't, you should atleast read the TL:DR). I may make more posts like this in the future, but this is it for now. Thanks for reading, Zerois
modq
#74117799Tuesday, July 31, 2012 1:01 PM GMT

Like/Dislike System NO - Example: ~Makes alts to dislike a game so it becomes unpopular~ Light Blocks Maybe
zerois
#74117882Tuesday, July 31, 2012 1:03 PM GMT

Forgot to ad: you must play the game to actually be able to vote, and yes, you can only vote once.
modq
#74117966Tuesday, July 31, 2012 1:05 PM GMT

Still. ~Plays games on every alt~ ~Dislikes it to make it become unpopular~
zerois
#74118175Tuesday, July 31, 2012 1:10 PM GMT

You'd still get tickets either way. Nobody would waste their time just to give people tickets, and also, to prevent that, you could just make a game BC only?
modq
#74118417Tuesday, July 31, 2012 1:16 PM GMT

~Plays game dislikes it~ ~Tells other BCer's that's its terrible and it has massive free models in it~ ~Gets it unpopular~
zerois
#74118628Tuesday, July 31, 2012 1:20 PM GMT

Dude, that would not change much, because people really won't be looking for the like/dislike ratio when they go to play games. It's just another way to get tickets, and if it dosn't work for you, then fine.
zerois
#74119279Tuesday, July 31, 2012 1:31 PM GMT

Also, in the game configuration, you could just make it so it only shows likes? But it wouls still track the dislikes on your profile.
modq
#74119375Tuesday, July 31, 2012 1:33 PM GMT

No we're done with this thread.
zerois
#74119685Tuesday, July 31, 2012 1:40 PM GMT

Lol, nope. One person's not going to bring it down.
modq
#74120130Tuesday, July 31, 2012 1:48 PM GMT

Then what are you going to do here? Talk to yourself?
zerois
#74120243Tuesday, July 31, 2012 1:50 PM GMT

I bet you didn't even read the whole thing. Looked at TL:DR and went. "Nope". People are still reading this, if anything.
zerois
#74124886Tuesday, July 31, 2012 3:02 PM GMT

Ima bump.
Blokonomicon
#74125141Tuesday, July 31, 2012 3:06 PM GMT

I like the light idea. Thanks! Blokonomicon
court2000
#74128808Tuesday, July 31, 2012 3:57 PM GMT

-Blocks being able to produce light and you can configure how much light comes from the block the same way you can control transparency. Support! WE NEED LIGHT! AND NO, I DONT WANT TO SCRIPT IT! -New Like/Dislike system for games that has an average percentage on you Profile and if the average is over 50% then you get the number over 50 as daily tickets. EX: If you have a 57% average, you get 7 extra tickets. The max is 50 tix a day. :/ Abusable... alt-usable, ya - not good.
zerois
#74146952Tuesday, July 31, 2012 7:29 PM GMT

Lol, somebody didn't read the whole thing, or my other posts. :3

of     1