of     1   

LegitJay
#77026940Thursday, August 30, 2012 8:21 PM GMT

Thats right! Its me Jay, with another spectacular idea!! So, whats this one about? Its about retexturing Hats and gear! Some of you may be thinking; WATZ RETEXTURIN OR WAT EVA UR SAYIN?????????????????????? Well, retexturing is really fun! Say you wanted to retexture darkheart. It means customize how it looks, (the mesh.) So.. you could add writing, add camoflauge, change the colour, add your roblox character, almost everything! The way to retexture on edit mode is like this: 1: Insert the hat you want to retexture. 2: Look inside the Handel and only copy the NUMBER at the end of the texture ID 3: Go to the catalog and go on any item and replace the number at the end with the copied number you have. 4: Save the image that pops up and insert it to your image editor and edit. 5: Publish as a decal. 6: go to your place and put the decal on a normal brick. 7: copy the number of the texture Id. 8: Replace the texture id of the hat. Thats so long and complicated.... So, with my idea, its a lot easier!! I'll explain after I've eaten... Literally. (Real life) NOMNOMNOMNOMNONOMNOMNOMNOM Ok done!! Ill explain in steps, then explain controversially afterwards. 1. Place the Hat or Gear anywhere. 2. Click it, then hover over edit, and click "Re-texture" 3. Select a programme which you would like to use when editing 4. When done, Hover over file, then click "Update Texture" 5. Enjoy! So basically, 4 steps easier than the other one! Say I placed a er... SUGGESTIONZ PLZ *5Minutes Later* Omg... Idk what ... OK I GOT IT Soccer Hat Say I placed a Soccer Hat. I wanted to re-texture it I would simply click on it, then go to edit, then click "Re-texture" Then a popup will show, saying "Choose a programme to edit with" The popup shows every programme on your PC or Laptop, and once you click one, it automatically opens it, with the mesh of the item. From there, you would just edit it. And of course, we cant change the process of Paint, photoshop, gimp or any other software, so we go to file, then Save as. We would make it a PNG file, and then after we would upload it to ROBLOX as a decal. Say the decal's link was: http://www.roblox.com/ROBLOX-SFT-Decal-item?id=83374228 What you would do is, look at the last number. For me, its 9. So, I would subtract one from it, which is 8. Then I would have a new link : http://www.roblox.com/ROBLOX-SFT-Decal-item?id=83374228 From there, copy that link and go back to studio. Click on the hat or gear, and go into Handle. Then, go inside the mesh, then look at properties. There should be something saying Texture ID. Go into that, then copy and paste your image! Yeah its a bit complicated, but easier than the first one which I got from yuuuuhhhhtuuuubeeeee Lol. Hopefully, its not too long for you to read! ~ Adults are just Kids with money ~
Azecta
#77039096Thursday, August 30, 2012 10:37 PM GMT

Wrong forum. Go to S&I ~The Female Werewolf Of RT~
Mr44
#77088708Friday, August 31, 2012 3:39 PM GMT

And I'm pretty sure you can already retexture stuff.
Dayren
#77094055Friday, August 31, 2012 5:21 PM GMT

O' how I love these wrong forum post. I can very well imagine this would be helpful for someone who would not know how to retexture - might be explained in more detail at some points, however, this can be very well used in movie making. And honestly, atleast someone is trying to do something and help people, no matter what quality the post is. It's much better to see than the hordes of 30+ actor, director, cameraman and set builder hiring threads, anyways.
Mr44
#77094599Friday, August 31, 2012 5:31 PM GMT

The problem is there is way too much clutter: "WATZ RETEXTURIN OR WAT EVA UR SAYIN??????????????????????" "I'll explain after I've eaten... Literally. (Real life) NOMNOMNOMNOMNONOMNOMNOMNOM" "Say I placed a er... SUGGESTIONZ PLZ *5Minutes Later* Omg... Idk what ... " It really should be cleaned up and made much more clearer.
Dayren
#77099067Friday, August 31, 2012 6:53 PM GMT

Not saying it shouldn't. As stated, "And honestly, atleast someone is trying to do something and help people, no matter what quality the post is." Still, an analogy: does a dirty shirt not belong into the clothes category? (Re: anyone): If you do feel like being helpful, do rewrite it.
Mr44
#77104987Friday, August 31, 2012 8:18 PM GMT

"Hello everyone, it's me, LegitJay here. I have an idea that could potentially help all of the game creators on ROBLOX. This suggestion, if implemented, will hopefully simplify the "retexturing" process and make it easier for everyone to personalize their favourite hat/gear for use in their games. Normally, if you want to retexture a hat or gear, you have to go through a complicating process that involves technical knowledge of the inner workings of the ROBLOX Studio. My idea is adding an option in the Edit drop-down menu called "Retexture". After clicking on a hat/gear of your choice, you go into the Edit drop-down menu and select the "Retexture" option. Once selected, a menu pops up with two options; "Download Texture" which saves a copy of the texture file on your computer, and "Upload Texture" which takes the edited copy you created and places it on the hat/gear. If my suggestion is used, it will make retexturing fun for all users of ROBLOX, not just the ones with the technical know-how." You're welcome, everyone.
Dayren
#77107657Friday, August 31, 2012 8:49 PM GMT

Then again, that would truly fall within other forum section, since it is not a tutorial designated to help users anymore, but a suggestion directed at the admin team :D Five science collaboration points to you for the attempt, though.
Mr44
#77108071Friday, August 31, 2012 8:54 PM GMT

I do think it was a suggestion though. The "tutorial" part of the OP post was just to demonstrate how complicated the process of retexturing is. He said: "Its me [...] with another spectacular idea!!" not "Its me [...] with another spectacular tutorial!!".
somekiryu
#77108340Friday, August 31, 2012 8:56 PM GMT

reported for annoying spam seriously you act like a eight year old
arclordrpg
#77152003Saturday, September 01, 2012 5:42 AM GMT

LOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL HOHOHOHOHH HAHAHHAHAHA HEEEEHEEHEHEHEHE HAAAAAA and ai thought mai jokes were bad ~Arcloria
LegitJay
#77157200Saturday, September 01, 2012 8:59 AM GMT

I was just looking at the other forums, see'ing threads, and I Thought I was in S&I, So I posted it on S&I AND didnt bump this one... ~ Adults are just Kids with money ~
somekiryu
#77159977Saturday, September 01, 2012 11:13 AM GMT

how could think think a bunch of threads about movies was S&I
DonCurrency
#77195905Saturday, September 01, 2012 8:22 PM GMT

just to add 2 cents, how could you confuse Robloxiwood for Suggestions/Ideas? I mean I USED to confuse Suggestions/Ideas with LMaD, but really? S&I is at the top of the page, Robloxiwood is near the very bottom.
LegitJay
#77259657Sunday, September 02, 2012 11:59 AM GMT

^^ I didnt. I was just looking how this thread was, and what it was about. I thought I changed the forum to S&I, but I didnt. Then I posted it on this ;] And I could never confuse S&I with anything else. All my posts are on S&I! ~ Adults are just Kids with money ~

of     1