of     1   

Drakonias115
#81191322Wednesday, October 31, 2012 6:27 AM GMT

I've been thinking lately about why Audio/Music that Users uploaded was a feature that got taken out due to the abusive nature it was used for. A main reason was because of profanity in the lyrics or other vulgar/inappropriate items. So, with this being said, if ROBLOX were to allow Users to upload any kind of music: It should be Instrumental music (Music that doesn't have anything involving lyrics, just rhythm). This would be something that could be accepted because then there wouldn't be anything to worry about in terms of some kid coming in and hearing bad stuff from the music. I personally think Instrumental music would also help with some atmospheres of games. Say you have a warfare game, you could use an Action instrumental like those you hear in Battlefield games and more. Say you have a horror game, you could use an Eerie sounding instrumental that sets the mood of inevitable doom or survival of the living. I could go on and on about this case but it just upsets me that they removed a feature that's problem could easily be fixed. Anyways, post constructive criticism and not hate. - Drakonias, out...
Drakonias115
#81191590Wednesday, October 31, 2012 6:47 AM GMT

Also - since I make my own music - I was thinking something within the website that could allow players to mix/make their own music as well. Somewhere either in the Catalog section or somewhat of a Forum type thing where they can create/share music they made. Of course, there'd be somewhat limited resources depending on what ROBLOX has to offer in terms of that, but you'd - none-the-less - be able to mix music that can easily be imported into your game. There'd be a publish button that automatically saves the song as a sound file into your models that you can put into a script later (If you use Studio).
Drakonias115
#81191611Wednesday, October 31, 2012 6:48 AM GMT

And the way that mixer would look like is something like a keyboard on screen, several track lines with different sounding beats and rhythms that have 1x1 squares that you can click to fill out with a different sounding tone (Hence why the keyboard is there like in the program Garage Band on Macs)
deathshiva
#81192543Wednesday, October 31, 2012 8:28 AM GMT

http://roblox.uservoice.com/forums/158291-roblox-features/suggestions/1815069-make-your-own-game-sounds-music A while ago there was an admin comment saying that it will be similar to Ridi. In other words, Roblox Midi so nobody can convert songs into the game the could be inappropiate. Also meaning no approval is required.
Drakonias115
#81199444Wednesday, October 31, 2012 2:15 PM GMT

Oh. Okay. :/

of     1