of     3   
chevron_rightchevron_rightchevron_right

Stenatic
#88366619Sunday, February 03, 2013 1:17 AM GMT

Like other users, I am used to using the original Roblox Studio mode to edit and fine-tune my games. Now that Roblox has updated the older version of Roblox Studio, (which is now known as Roblox Studio 2013), building has become a big hassle. Not just for me, but for other users, too! I'm having trouble getting used to the new outlet of the tools and features. It took my almost half an hour to find the properties bar on the right-hand side of the screen, because it was hidden under the explorer window. It was clearly clicked as 'Visible' in the top bar under the drop-down list, yet I couldn't find it until I toggled it on and off, and noticed a slight change in the bottom of the task-bar. Even then, after I was able to activate this window, re-sizing, moving and copying basic bricks and objects became an immense challenge. I was able to make a simple house after 20 minutes of building, but on the original Roblox Studio, it probably would of only taken me about 5, if not, less. I understand that Roblox is offering tutorials for this new update in the forums, but after reading them, I found them not to be much help at all! They didn't cover any of the problems I was facing, and the text and language used would be considered rather confusing to younger users. All-in-all, I DON'T like this new update. The only thing I really like about this newer version of Roblox Studio is that the game is less likely to crash while you're in the middle of your work. Despite this new feature, I prefer the original Roblox Studio over this one. But the thing that outrages me the MOST, is that when I tried to use the original Studio mode, the program simply uninstalled itself from my laptop and uploaded Roblox Studio 2013, forcing me to use it until another stupid update comes along! This is ridiculous! The creators should of at least let players use the original studio mode for a preference, not just uninstall it altogether! I know the admins will probably just ignore this thread, but if ANYONE associated with the roblox corporation sees this message, whether it be a moderator or the CEO, please do something about this! It is become harder and harder for me to build or create anything, and I am losing my faith in Roblox. Just, do what you can... -Stenatic
fin600
#88369220Sunday, February 03, 2013 1:43 AM GMT

Same exact problems I had, same things I want. Staff, help us! I can't even build with a stamper in Studio!
GalenLP
#88369619Sunday, February 03, 2013 1:47 AM GMT

I can't build at all. ROBLOX, Look, your veterans, original players, are even complaining. You need to do something about this update.
GalenLP
#88369678Sunday, February 03, 2013 1:48 AM GMT

Fin is the 10th or so 06-09er i have seen today, wanting the studio made optional.
Crumpled
#88370008Sunday, February 03, 2013 1:51 AM GMT

I think it's fine. It's just the layout that has changed
sgtbubbles8
#88370284Sunday, February 03, 2013 1:55 AM GMT

Crumpled you obviously aren't a big building fan then. -A revolutionary idea-
GalenLP
#88370411Sunday, February 03, 2013 1:56 AM GMT

== BUGS == - Movement of Models, Bricks, and other Physical ROBLOX Parts This goes slightly slower when moving, can be frustrating. - Selecting Models You select the model, and you can't see the blue box that was around the part/model in 1.0, making it harder to move map parts and such around. ex: I need to move map parts in my game a nice distance away from eachother, so i can put mountain in between, so the different colored maps don't all connect in 1 spot (It just looks weird), and the update makes it hard seeing the object. - Movement of the Camera via Right Click Hold Glitches by moving back and forth slightly over and over, gets annoying, does not interfere with game making a whole lot, it is just annoying. - Video Recording The recording does not work, this bug was not tested, but its claimed that another had an issue with it. === MISSING FEATURES === - Plugins The plugins addition is gone, no longer in the Tools menu.n - Join Selected Bricks Though i have no idea what this was originally for or how to use it (Anyone know how???), this is now missing.
buddy249950
#88370494Sunday, February 03, 2013 1:57 AM GMT

Almost all the tools are the same but before you had to turn them on. I think you guys really need to get used to change and not run away from it because this is how life works.
GalenLP
#88370603Sunday, February 03, 2013 1:58 AM GMT

@Bud: Try building with it, IT DOES NOT WORK. IT DID NOT WORK WITH ME, IT CRASHED, IT BUGGED MY CAMERA, ETC. =================================== == BUGS == - Movement of Models, Bricks, and other Physical ROBLOX Parts This goes slightly slower when moving, can be frustrating. - Selecting Models You select the model, and you can't see the blue box that was around the part/model in 1.0, making it harder to move map parts and such around. ex: I need to move map parts in my game a nice distance away from eachother, so i can put mountain in between, so the different colored maps don't all connect in 1 spot (It just looks weird), and the update makes it hard seeing the object. - Movement of the Camera via Right Click Hold Glitches by moving back and forth slightly over and over, gets annoying, does not interfere with game making a whole lot, it is just annoying. - Video Recording The recording does not work, this bug was not tested, but its claimed that another had an issue with it. === MISSING FEATURES === - Plugins The plugins addition is gone, no longer in the Tools menu.n - Join Selected Bricks Though i have no idea what this was originally for or how to use it (Anyone know how???), this is now missing.
Crumpled
#88370683Sunday, February 03, 2013 1:59 AM GMT

@buddy- exactly my point. It's harder to find your way around, but you'll get used to it. and YES, there is gonna be bugs, it's brand new for gods sake
buddy249950
#88370863Sunday, February 03, 2013 2:01 AM GMT

What are you talking about, I can clearly build in it and script. Just get used to it.
Untethered
#88370948Sunday, February 03, 2013 2:02 AM GMT

Its ugly and unuseful. Once I open it, the properties appears so small, and the output too big. When I move all the plugins I have down, close Studio, and open it again, their position doesn't saves. That's another problem. i r fud
sgtbubbles8
#88371079Sunday, February 03, 2013 2:03 AM GMT

Get used to it isn't an argument. Why get used to trash when we can have the good one? Also, scripting hasn't really been changed but a lot of builders prefer to use c-frame tools and stuff in build mode which we can no longer use. -A revolutionary idea-
Untethered
#88371156Sunday, February 03, 2013 2:04 AM GMT

Get a good plugin, for example, CmdUtl @sgt i r fud
chipy7997
#88371172Sunday, February 03, 2013 2:04 AM GMT

How in hell can you get used to it, once you stick to one thing for a long time, you can't get off of it, trust me we're talking about something The mouse is kind of glitchy, mostly when you move the camera around It's just annoying all together, but of course this is only my opinion, but a lot of others too Bock bock bock
GalenLP
#88371176Sunday, February 03, 2013 2:04 AM GMT

@Bud: I can't. My camera glitches back and forth, does not stay put. It crashes if i try inserting one of MY OWN MODELS. You just aren't huge on building it seems. Yes, its laid out differently, but its not easier to use. I want 1.0 back, please don't interfere, your just right now making everyone upset because your encouraging ROBLOX keep what by least 60% of ROBLOX wants changed. Please, just don't get in the way, otherwise your going to cause mass crowds to quit. I, and many others, want it changed. Please, don't try to make others upset, that is rather trollish. =================================== == BUGS == - Movement of Models, Bricks, and other Physical ROBLOX Parts This goes slightly slower when moving, can be frustrating. - Selecting Models You select the model, and you can't see the blue box that was around the part/model in 1.0, making it harder to move map parts and such around. ex: I need to move map parts in my game a nice distance away from eachother, so i can put mountain in between, so the different colored maps don't all connect in 1 spot (It just looks weird), and the update makes it hard seeing the object. - Movement of the Camera via Right Click Hold Glitches by moving back and forth slightly over and over, gets annoying, does not interfere with game making a whole lot, it is just annoying. - Video Recording The recording does not work, this bug was not tested, but its claimed that another had an issue with it. === MISSING FEATURES === - Plugins The plugins addition is gone, no longer in the Tools menu.n - Join Selected Bricks Though i have no idea what this was originally for or how to use it (Anyone know how???), this is now missing.
Untethered
#88371448Sunday, February 03, 2013 2:08 AM GMT

The camera glitches too, once you try to move it, it sometimes moves to the other side when you use Right click. I hate that the mouse dissapears, and that the mouse isn't the one that we use while playing a ROBLOX game. That's something that's ugly on Studio 2013. Seriously, they just ruined a good building mode. Almost everything is ruined there. The only good thing is 60 FPS, when the 1.0 had only 30. The rest is unuseful for me. I can't really type something from a plugin (scale, guimaker, etc), because some of the tools has letters to select it. For example, when you press O (i think), it leads you to a tool, that makes you impossible to type on it, and to actually type it, you'd need to copy it from somewhere, and paste it at the plugin. They shouldn't made it with letters, just for clicks. They just ruined the best building mode that has been there. i r fud
Untethered
#88371532Sunday, February 03, 2013 2:09 AM GMT

Sorry for my ugly grammar mistakes xd i r fud
GalenLP
#88371783Sunday, February 03, 2013 2:11 AM GMT

The people supporting it are those whom don't get big on building. Guys, stay out if you have no opinion, so your saying keep it. Just stay out, let the people pointing out the bugs and stuff do there job. That includes people flameing those hating it, such as cru. ============================================= == BUGS == - Movement of Models, Bricks, and other Physical ROBLOX Parts This goes slightly slower when moving, can be frustrating. - Selecting Models You select the model, and you can't see the blue box that was around the part/model in 1.0, making it harder to move map parts and such around. ex: I need to move map parts in my game a nice distance away from eachother, so i can put mountain in between, so the different colored maps don't all connect in 1 spot (It just looks weird), and the update makes it hard seeing the object. - Movement of the Camera via Right Click Hold Glitches by moving back and forth slightly over and over, gets annoying, does not interfere with game making a whole lot, it is just annoying. - Video Recording The recording does not work, this bug was not tested, but its claimed that another had an issue with it. === MISSING FEATURES === - Plugins The plugins addition is gone, no longer in the Tools menu.n - Join Selected Bricks Though i have no idea what this was originally for or how to use it (Anyone know how???), this is now missing.
Untethered
#88371851Sunday, February 03, 2013 2:12 AM GMT

I'm actually big at building. i r fud
buddy249950
#88371913Sunday, February 03, 2013 2:13 AM GMT

@stg Build mode is being removed because it's completely pointless; get a plugin and learn how to really build. Anyways, if you move the HUD around, it does save when you exit out. I have no idea what all of you are talking about.
buddy249950
#88372028Sunday, February 03, 2013 2:14 AM GMT

@Galen How am I not big on building when the only thinks I do on ROBLOX is forum, script, and build?
GalenLP
#88372465Sunday, February 03, 2013 2:18 AM GMT

@Bud: "Build mode is pointless" No it is not, its the only way some can access there places. "Get a plugin and learn how to really build" That was a stupid remark. ROBLOX plugins are brand new. And your basically using anothers work as your own, by getting a generator or something, moding it around 10%, and publishing it. If plugins are gone, you will quit, because you won't be able to build. And how about you just quit flaming the haters of the studio, and remain neutral. Not everyone is just complaining, I've listed bugs and that such several times now. =================================== == BUGS == - Movement of Models, Bricks, and other Physical ROBLOX Parts This goes slightly slower when moving, can be frustrating. - Selecting Models You select the model, and you can't see the blue box that was around the part/model in 1.0, making it harder to move map parts and such around. ex: I need to move map parts in my game a nice distance away from eachother, so i can put mountain in between, so the different colored maps don't all connect in 1 spot (It just looks weird), and the update makes it hard seeing the object. - Movement of the Camera via Right Click Hold Glitches by moving back and forth slightly over and over, gets annoying, does not interfere with game making a whole lot, it is just annoying. - Video Recording The recording does not work, this bug was not tested, but its claimed that another had an issue with it. === MISSING FEATURES === - Plugins The plugins addition is gone, no longer in the Tools menu.n - Join Selected Bricks Though i have no idea what this was originally for or how to use it (Anyone know how???), this is now missing.
buddy249950
#88372792Sunday, February 03, 2013 2:21 AM GMT

What are you talking about? Plugins have been around since .lua files existed. You hit execute script in tools to run it. Also you should read forums rules that state you can only have a one line signature which you are clearly breaking.
GalenLP
#88373179Sunday, February 03, 2013 2:25 AM GMT

@Bud: What, me listing the bugs is against the rules? I don't give a dam what the rules are, report me, i don't give a ****. That's called false reporting and mini modding, and i will report you if i am banned after today or ever for the reason i have. I think your just here to troll everyone is the main case, you seem to be flaming all the haters. ================================= == BUGS == - Movement of Models, Bricks, and other Physical ROBLOX Parts This goes slightly slower when moving, can be frustrating. - Selecting Models You select the model, and you can't see the blue box that was around the part/model in 1.0, making it harder to move map parts and such around. ex: I need to move map parts in my game a nice distance away from eachother, so i can put mountain in between, so the different colored maps don't all connect in 1 spot (It just looks weird), and the update makes it hard seeing the object. - Movement of the Camera via Right Click Hold Glitches by moving back and forth slightly over and over, gets annoying, does not interfere with game making a whole lot, it is just annoying. - Video Recording The recording does not work, this bug was not tested, but its claimed that another had an issue with it. === MISSING FEATURES === - Plugins The plugins addition is gone, no longer in the Tools menu.n - Join Selected Bricks Though i have no idea what this was originally for or how to use it (Anyone know how???), this is now missing.

of     3   
chevron_rightchevron_rightchevron_right