of     1   

lien587
#90426947Wednesday, February 27, 2013 11:00 PM GMT

(OK, before you read this, please know that I am planning on this to be the shortest chapter, so it will be a while in between posts.) It was a long time ago, when I was seventeen. I woke up that fateful morning to my mother shoving clothes in my arms. "Hurry! Get dressed! It's graduation at the academy!" "Mom, do I have to go? Those buggers are adorable." "Well, son, if you don't hurry, you'll never get that Bidoof you've been wanting." "I don't want a Bidoof! Nobody wants a Bidoof!" "Well, everybody wants an Evee, so they're just going to run out if you don't hurry." It was graduation day at the JAH, or Jhoto Academy for Hunters. But, we didn't hunt squirrels, or cows, or deer. Those were all gone. And to take their place, came the Pokemon. Everyone had to become Vegan while this crazy magic animals took over our towns, our farms, and everything else. Then, after one farm was destroyed, a man got angry. he walked through the forest, cutting off the heads of every Pokemon he saw. This proved as a way to keep them away, but as he roasted a Squrtile over the fire, it tasted so good, so tender and moist. But back to Graduation. They called my name, and me in my dark green robe walked up onto the podium. I had gotten my Hunting Licence, and I walked over to a glass cage full of playful Pokemon cubs, and I pointed to the last Evee, one that had a back stripe going down it's back, and spiky hair on its head. A man took out a ladder, got into the glass cage, grabbed the Evee, and walked it back to me. I sat down, it burrowing under my arm, and purring. "I'm gonna call you Spike." I whispered to the Evee. He purred, and was in the upmost content. It was eight months since then, and I was moving out of my mother's house. She, a serious woman, with a long neck, a rounded face filled with wrinkles, menacing eyes, and yet only five feet tall, was crying for the sixth time I had ever seen her cry. Two of those times were from extremely happy times, the others, moping over my father. "Mom, I'm just going to get a job in Goldenrod. It's not far from here!" I assured her. "Just don't get lost." She replied, wiping away her tears. "It's not that big!" "Listen to me, Mister," she said, getting serious. "if you don't visit me before I die-" "Mom, you are not going to die." I said, getting furious. "If you don't visit me by my birthday, I will go on foot all the way to the city and smack you so hard you'll fly into yesterday." I knew she couldn't have possibly done that, but I wouldn't doubt it. "I promise I'll visit you on your birthday, OK." I continued to grab the box of my posessions and stood at the bus stop, Spike sitting on his hind legs next to me. As the bus came to a stop in front of me, I turned and said, "Bye Mom! I'll miss you!" I hopped onto the bus, sitting down and looking ahead to my new life. The next few years were rather boring, with a well-paying office job in the City, coming home to my apartment every day to play with Spike. But, It wasn't until I was twenty-three that something major happened. I hadn't really used my rights as a Hunter that much during those five years, but I still read Hunting magazines, wrote manuals, and got out my bow every now and then for special occasions. I spent most of my free time at the Park with Spike or at the bar for the latest news. "It is real!" I heard an old man yell. "Something has to killing all my family's crops." "And what about those boats getting tipped over? Wanna know what the sailors said? A Dragon attacked 'em!" A raspy voice agreed. "You don't really believe in those "Prophecies" they found, do you?" A doubtful accented man inquired. "Lugia." I said. "What's that ya say?" The doubtful man asked. "Lugia." I said, loud but firm. I turned around, and the short, fat man, with a dirty face, a comically large nose, and bald crown replied, "What ever you're saying, this ain't none of your business." "Those Prophecies are real," I said, standing. "and you have no right to say they aren't." "Listen, Lugia, or whatever it is, is FAKE. Or else, I woulda heard of it. Now shut up, kid, and go back to whatever little suburb they plucked you out of." He scornfully replied. This wasn't a wise move. I pulled a small knife. "Oh, what are you going to do to me? Open my letters?" He laughed, and several others laughed with him. Jumping out, I slammed him against the wall, my arm to his chest, my knife near his throat. The entire bar was silent. "I'm no little farmboy. I trained for five years in the Jhoto Academy for Hunters, and I know how to use this." (Comments? BTW, this is going to have a really awesome and yet symbolic ending.)
CreativeMystery
#90427108Wednesday, February 27, 2013 11:02 PM GMT

I swear if the ending has anything to do with animal protection rights I am giving up on your creative side. í αm prícєlєss, вut í αm wíllíng tσ вαrgαín
lien587
#90427174Wednesday, February 27, 2013 11:02 PM GMT

(No. It's actually awesome.)
lien587
#90439891Thursday, February 28, 2013 1:11 AM GMT

(bump.)
lien587
#90445057Thursday, February 28, 2013 2:03 AM GMT

(b-Bump.)

of     1