of     1   

hero11971
#91194002Thursday, March 07, 2013 8:28 PM GMT

As roblox may or may not have noticed there are a lot of people skirting around the rules. Trying to avoid getting banned for bad language. (i.e. sh!t, h3ll, dafuq) What is bad is that everyone knows what it means, even when they try to hide it. I have an idea for a system that would not only stop these vulgarities, but would allow certain people to view them, and others not. My idea is a Chat Filter system. Instead of removing the sentence, remove the word. Like in the sentence: "what the h3ll are you doing!?", it would convert it to say: "what the ---- are you doing!?", or: "what the !@#$ are you doing!?" I play a popular MMO that is rated T and even it has a filter like this. As for viewing it, parents could have the option to have the Chat Filter "None", "Moderate", or "Strict" Roblox may even want to add a report feature that allows players to send in new words to block! ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- The pros of this system: This system would allow everyone to be happy, because parents could choose exactly what to block, and the Roblox players could have a cleaner environment. The system could even be set up so that players under age 13 could free chat, but have the filter locked in "Strict." It would clean the chats. ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- The cons of this system: Some players may be unhappy with the settings their parents have chosen. Obviously it's impossible to get EVERY word ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I think this would be a wonderful update and would really improve roblox a lot. If any of the roblox staff want a list of some of the words I've seen used (yes I have a list) PM me I will gladly send you a PM back with some of the ones I have seen. (Yes if you PM me I will check that you are a moderator or roblox staff) Thanks for reading! :)
xXUnknownWolfXx
#91194387Thursday, March 07, 2013 8:36 PM GMT

Agreed!!! :) Thank you for posting this. I hope ROBLOX will fix it and won't make it possible to slip. There are young kids playing ROBLOX, and it's not okay for them to hear such language. Let's make ROBLOX a better place for little kids, and older kids mind your language for that there are little kids playing. Thank you Hero, I hope you have a good time on ROBLOX. To be honest I think that ROBLOX, when there parents or the kids make there account, there should me 3 settings. Safe, chat. as you said. And that those categories would be SPLIT. So that Safe chatters can only play with other safe chatters, and Moderated can only be played with Moderated. You get what mean. If a grown up has a child that had an account that is under 13, but allows he/her child to chat, the age should be also separated into different categories.
Jasperlean
#91449705Sunday, March 10, 2013 4:26 PM GMT

Great idea Unknown! Too many peope have been saying stuff like hell and damn and calling others bastards (excuse my language but they actually say that) and getting away with it! It has to stop, I really hope your idea works
Omnovia
#91451710Sunday, March 10, 2013 4:46 PM GMT

This is a great suggestion, but becoming over-used. *Congratulations on your first post! {~Omnovia~}

of     1