of     7   
chevron_rightchevron_rightchevron_right

jayjay200
#91863636Friday, March 15, 2013 9:48 PM GMT

Minecraft just stinks in my opinion. I will support my opinion by proving many facts and statements, and so on. Minecraft can be a great and enjoyable game. But, at some times, it can fail so bad. Having to punch tree trunks in first person with only your fists should be enough to deter most people from playing this thing. The whole time Minecraft existed, there were trolls. They did sorts of crazy unimaginable things, such as cover the outside of your buildings completely in lava, or set a trap door nearby your chest. Maybe even spawn some diamond ore with a creeper nearby... Minecraft says you can build unlimited things and use your imagination. But that was a waste of time. The more things you build, the more laggier it gets! You'd be lucky to last a whole minute in any building server without any lag. With ROBLOX, the speed is usually fair, and it's all the same. With an empty baseplate, you get the same speed as you would with a baseplate filled with random buildings. Lag is such a terrible thing. Thank the creators ROBLOX doesn't have it as much. Lets go to another category: the graphics. Above all, they are completely HORRID. Sure, there's mods for that, but why waste your time with mods when in ROBLOX you can just use decals? Decals are very easy to create while mods are time-consuming. In my opinion (READ CAREFULLY, this is MY opinion) ROBLOX is WAY better than Minecraft. Let me compare the two games, ok? ROBLOX: Overpriced sales for B.C, T.B.C, and O.B.C. Minecraft: Only $20 and you can play the game FOREVER. In some cases, Minecraft is also free to download. ROBLOX: They were advertising since 2007 or something and they only got a few million players. Minecraft: This game started in 2009 with NO advertising, and they have more players than ROBLOX. ROBLOX: Admins abuse their 'admin powers' and ban anybody they do not now. Minecraft: Admins actually BAN those who troll, hack, grief, etc. ROBLOX: Smooth and easy controls. Can be played on almost any console or handheld device available. Minecraft: Difficult and choppy controls on handheld devices. ROBLOX: Great texture pack design and graphics setting! Minecraft: Bad texture pack design and no graphics setting. ROBLOX: No mods. So what? You don't need mods to enjoy a game. Minecraft: Mods. Who cares? ROBLOX: Millions and millions of items you can use to customize your avatar! Minecraft: Same as ROBLOX, but with lesser features. ROBLOX: They care about what we say! MInecraft: They just care about money... ROBLOX: Can rely on admins to ban abusive players! Minecraft: Admins ban people in a server at an average of 10 people an hour. ROBLOX: Can post certain links. Minecraft: Can post any links, but unable to copy from the chat bar. ROBLOX: You can say anything you like on the forums. Minecraft: You can only say certain things in the forums.. -_- I think I've proved my point. Seriously guys! Plain and simply, ROBLOX is all-around much better than Minecraft, having much better features, improved settings, and superior graphics (with the help of decals hehehehe). Here's some other stuff I would like to add. This is a CRUCIAL part in gameplay. You don't pay, you can't pay. That's how Minecraft works. ROBLOX is a different story: you can play online for free if you'd like! Minecraft is very terrible to players of a young age. Survival mode can be scary experiences for them (this is no joke, I once got a nightmare of a zombie horde coming to my house and knocking down the door when I was 9). ROBLOX is more well-known than Minecraft. Here's why: I made a survey of the two games and tried to see who liked which game better. The winning game is ROBLOX. Despite hackers, noobs, guests, and OD'ers, you can ACTUALLY enjoy the game without any lag! The graphics on ROBLOX are also way better than Minecraft. You're probably thinking that the graphics are just about the same, but ROBLOX's graphics can be tweaked with the decals and that amazing graphic setting. You may still think that ROBLOX is originally bad with graphics but, to be honest, Minecraft runs about 1.5 frames per second. ROBLOX's animations are very smooth. Minecraft's walk animations look really laggy. Now you're probably thinking that ROBLOX doesn't have scripting and not much stuff to do. Well, ROBLOX runs from C++. Minecraft runs from java. You can easily experience great gameplay without the fear of terrible lag! Sadly it is true that ROBLOX copies Minecraft. They made a terrain generator just like Minecraft's. But, it's SO much better and more smooth (in my opinion). Some people may say that you don't have to pay for Minecraft. But the question is, why wouldn't you pay for Minecraft? You don't pay, you can't play (as mentioned before). Simple as that. You can go on ROBLOX for FREE! Well, that's pretty much it. Please state something in the comments if you think I've made a mistake or something. Please, no rude or negative comments! Treat my opinion with great respect as I would to yours. Also, if this thread gets enough views, I might make a ROBLOX stinks, to be honest part 2, or a Minecraft stinks, to be honest part 2!
ClearMyStats
#91863714Friday, March 15, 2013 9:48 PM GMT

tl;dr
punks1
#91863779Friday, March 15, 2013 9:49 PM GMT

read
jayjay200
#91863900Friday, March 15, 2013 9:50 PM GMT

Read what??
jayjay200
#91864325Friday, March 15, 2013 9:55 PM GMT

Oh, now I see what you mean. -_______-
RaumLord
#91864643Friday, March 15, 2013 9:58 PM GMT

lol'd
landon4713
#91865346Friday, March 15, 2013 10:05 PM GMT

"ROBLOX: You can say anything you like on the forums." If you can say anything you like, then how was my main (Vladski) banned for saying something on the forums AND I'm forced to use this alt until the ban is over?
ExplicitBass
#91865527Friday, March 15, 2013 10:06 PM GMT

ROBLOX, land of the free.
Banjobug
#91865552Friday, March 15, 2013 10:06 PM GMT

Wait what? Since when did Minecraft only care about money?
JadeFIames
#91865577Friday, March 15, 2013 10:07 PM GMT

Here are your problems put AGAINST you, one at a time. "The more things you build, the more laggier it gets!" Buy better PC "Lets go to another category: the graphics. Above all, they are completely HORRID." So? It's gameplay which counts, anybody who says how good a game is by some GRAPHICS needs to play more than ELMO. And if you want better graphics, there is better texture packs and shaders... The game is still blocks. "Mods. Who cares?" Apparently some people like them, your point? "ROBLOX: They care about what we say!" Tell that to the community again. Only in a seperate post,and prepare to be flamed. "ROBLOX: Millions and millions of items you can use to customize your avatar! Minecraft: Same as ROBLOX, but with lesser features." Roblox: MILLIONS AND MILLIONS OF ITEMS...IF YOU SPEND MONEY ON EM! "Minecraft: Admins ban people in a server at an average of 10 people an hour." Bad server is bad. "Minecraft: Can post any links, but unable to copy from the chat bar." Click the link on the page,and you can dirrectly go to it. "ROBLOX: You can say anything you like on the forums. Minecraft: You can only say certain things in the forums.. -_-" Roblox,say ANYTHING? LOL! Minecraft lets you say alot more... "You don't pay, you can't play. That's how Minecraft works. ROBLOX is a different story: you can play online for free if you'd like!" There IS a demo, so technecly, you CAN play, plus, I guess that is how most GOOD games work, don't you think? "Here's why: I made a survey of the two games and tried to see who liked which game better. The winning game is ROBLOX. Despite hackers, noobs, guests, and OD'ers, you can ACTUALLY enjoy the game without any lag!" Lag is your PC, now please do the survey again,only show us proof...And maybe SHOW THE SURVEY TO BOTH ROBLOX AND MINECRAFT! It's like going into the forums and asking all sony fans if they like microsoft or sony more, it won't work,because you are only getting one side of the story. "Minecraft runs about 1.5 frames per second." Your PC is JUNK! Please get a better one than that. " They made a terrain generator just like Minecraft's. But, it's SO much better and more smooth" No,they didn't copy it, they just made their own, and last I checked, MC's is more complex, please get a better PC. I like both games, but HATE it when people post this, please re-think these, and figure out WHY these problems go on before making a hate rant.
Rosieeeeeee
#91865823Friday, March 15, 2013 10:09 PM GMT

As an admin on a popular Minecraft server, I have to disagree. Griefs give me a hard time on the server I administrate, and I've gotta say I've had to ban a lot of people. Why? Because they GRIEF. I don't ban people for no reason. ROBLOX have been doing that for years. If you're completely oblivious to this fact then I have nothing to say to you. Graphics? Why do graphics matter? What, are ROBLOX graphics better than Minecraft graphics because you can effortlessly take a block and stick a free decal on it? What makes Minecraft unique is the blocky 80's style graphics. I think the graphics are incredible, but again, graphics don't matter at all. Lifetime Minecraft: £20 Lifetime ROBLOX: £200 approx Minecraft is NOT choppy and laggy if you put it to a good computer. From what I can tell, you're playing the game on a netbook. I find ROBLOX to be more laggy than Minecraft. Texture packs, again, depend on your taste and your computer specs. There are thousands of texture packs out there and it's easy to create your own. Some are simple, some are realistic, some help reduce lag. It all depends on what you need and what you like. 10 bans an hour? I make at least 1 ban per 3 days because of all the hate our server gets.(*cough* ironnoob idiots *cough*) I'm fair, but I'm firm. Don't discriminate against people you don't know. Just stating my opinion. Ban me if you want.
lion9031
#91865847Friday, March 15, 2013 10:09 PM GMT

>Maybe even spawn some diamond ore with a creeper nearby... lrn2armor
Axewarrior
#91866002Friday, March 15, 2013 10:11 PM GMT

Minecraft says you can build unlimited things and use your imagination. But that was a waste of time. The more things you build, the more laggier it gets! You'd be lucky to last a whole minute in any building server without any lag. With ROBLOX, the speed is usually fair, and it's all the same. With an empty baseplate, you get the same speed as you would with a baseplate filled with random buildings. Lag is such a terrible thing. Thank the creators ROBLOX doesn't have it as much. lolno roblox lags liek crazy for me minecraft doesnt lag at all
Axewarrior
#91866158Friday, March 15, 2013 10:12 PM GMT

ROBLOX: They care about what we say! MInecraft: They just care about money... lol'd
Axewarrior
#91866284Friday, March 15, 2013 10:13 PM GMT

ROBLOX: Overpriced sales for B.C, T.B.C, and O.B.C. Minecraft: Only $20 and you can play the game FOREVER. In some cases, Minecraft is also free to download. ROBLOX: They were advertising since 2007 or something and they only got a few million players. Minecraft: This game started in 2009 with NO advertising, and they have more players than ROBLOX. ROBLOX: Admins abuse their 'admin powers' and ban anybody they do not now. Minecraft: Admins actually BAN those who troll, hack, grief, etc. also, how do these have anything to do with minecraft being "worse"?
JadeFIames
#91866345Friday, March 15, 2013 10:14 PM GMT

I agree axe, Notch even said after a while he would give the whole game away to everybody. After the initial payment,do you pay more for MC,NO! This WAS just a hobby after all,which turned into something he sold. It's business.
PatrickStar
#91866730Friday, March 15, 2013 10:18 PM GMT

This thread is so stupid. It made me cringe and lose atleast 20 IQ points. Have you even PLAYED MINECRAFT?
RagEgnite
#91866802Friday, March 15, 2013 10:18 PM GMT

"ROBLOX: Admins abuse their 'admin powers' and ban anybody they do not now." "ROBLOX: Can rely on admins to ban abusive players!" ^
jayjay200
#91867747Friday, March 15, 2013 10:27 PM GMT

Umm, he got that off of my other thread. You guys are in the wrong spot. Go here: http://www.roblox.com/Forum/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=91834571
jayjay200
#91867885Friday, March 15, 2013 10:28 PM GMT

I was trying to make a Minecraft stinks in return of the ROBLOX stinks, and yes I understand it is so stupid. It was very hard for me to come up with some points. And the link I posted is the "ROBLOX sucks to be honest. Part 1" thread.
RagEgnite
#91867966Friday, March 15, 2013 10:29 PM GMT

We noticed. :]
MANTIS21
#91868185Friday, March 15, 2013 10:31 PM GMT

>the laggier it gets >the laggier >laggier l2betterpc
PatrickStar
#91868311Friday, March 15, 2013 10:32 PM GMT

--[[ TLDR VERSION AT BOTTOM OF POST]]-- Minecraft can be a great and enjoyable game. But, at some times, it can fail so bad. Having to punch tree trunks in first person with only your fists should be enough to deter most people from playing this thing. >> That explains why Minecraft recieved 1 million purchases in a year. Minecraft says you can build unlimited things and use your imagination. But that was a waste of time. The more things you build, the more laggier it gets! You'd be lucky to last a whole minute in any building server without any lag. >> You have a TERRIBLE computer. With ROBLOX, the speed is usually fair, and it's all the same. With an empty baseplate, you get the same speed as you would with a baseplate filled with random buildings. Lag is such a terrible thing. Thank the creators ROBLOX doesn't have it as much. >> See above. Lets go to another category: the graphics. Above all, they are completely HORRID. Sure, there's mods for that, but why waste your time with mods when in ROBLOX you can just use decals? Decals are very easy to create while mods are time-consuming. >> First of all, it's called texture packs. Second, apparently graphics makes the game? ROBLOX: Great texture pack design and graphics setting! Minecraft: Bad texture pack design and no graphics setting. >> Graphics = Good Game? No. ROBLOX: No mods. So what? You don't need mods to enjoy a game. Minecraft: Mods. Who cares? >> ROBLOX scripts = Mods. Your arguement does not match. ROBLOX: They care about what we say! MInecraft: They just care about money... >> This made me laugh so hard. Here's some other stuff I would like to add. This is a CRUCIAL part in gameplay. You don't pay, you can't pay. That's how Minecraft works. ROBLOX is a different story: you can play online for free if you'd like! >> You can play for free on Minecraft too. Just not the most recent version. Minecraft is very terrible to players of a young age. Survival mode can be scary experiences for them (this is no joke, I once got a nightmare of a zombie horde coming to my house and knocking down the door when I was 9). ROBLOX is more well-known than Minecraft. >> All zombie dreams come from Minecraft? Bad logic. The graphics on ROBLOX are also way better than Minecraft. You're probably thinking that the graphics are just about the same, but ROBLOX's graphics can be tweaked with the decals and that amazing graphic setting. >> Again with the graphics? Like I said. THEY DO NOT MATTER. You may still think that ROBLOX is originally bad with graphics but, to be honest, Minecraft runs about 1.5 frames per second. ROBLOX's animations are very smooth. Minecraft's walk animations look really laggy. >> I run Minecraft at 30 frames. On a business laptop that is 5 years old. Your rant is completely biased. There is no evidence whatsoever that states how the game is terrible in that aspect. ROBLOX and Minecraft are unique in their own ways, but this thread is just sad. You have NEVER played Minecraft, have you? From the arguments you are putting up, these are just the bare generic stuff everyone always rant about Minecraft. Some of them do not even match up to your previous arguments. Before you judge a game, see BOTH SIDES of it. Not just one.
jayjay200
#91869817Friday, March 15, 2013 10:46 PM GMT

patrick, see the link i posted. then you will see the other side of the game.
ford08105
#91869909Friday, March 15, 2013 10:47 PM GMT

I don't particularly like Minecraft, but I don't mind it. "You will not see the end of this day!"

of     7   
chevron_rightchevron_rightchevron_right