jayjay200
#91870169Friday, March 15, 2013 10:50 PM GMT

and again, i couldn't think of any good things to say so I just posted this. i posted this thread in return of the roblox stinks to be honest part 1, to make things fair and equal. the link i posted leads to that.
ford08105
#91870650Friday, March 15, 2013 10:55 PM GMT

ROBLOX: Overpriced sales for B.C, T.B.C, and O.B.C. Minecraft: Only $20 and you can play the game FOREVER. In some cases, Minecraft is also free to download. Agreed. ROBLOX: They were advertising since 2007 or something and they only got a few million players. Yeah, this is when I joined. Minecraft: This game started in 2009 with NO advertising, and they have more players than ROBLOX. Fan speculation, perhaps? ROBLOX: Admins abuse their 'admin powers' and ban anybody they do not now. Admins in-game or admins on the SITE? Minecraft: Admins actually BAN those who troll, hack, grief, etc. Really? ROBLOX: Smooth and easy controls. Can be played on almost any console or handheld device available. That's a lie, the only handheld it's compatible with is the iPad. Minecraft: Difficult and choppy controls on handheld devices. Really? ROBLOX: Great texture pack design and graphics setting! More or less. Minecraft: Bad texture pack design and no graphics setting. I'm not worried about the graphics setting, but the texture pack is another story. ROBLOX: No mods. So what? You don't need mods to enjoy a game. ??? Minecraft: Mods. Who cares? ??? ROBLOX: Millions and millions of items you can use to customize your avatar! Minecraft: Same as ROBLOX, but with lesser features. ROBLOX: They care about what we say! AND the money. MInecraft: They just care about money... ...not the fans? ROBLOX: Can rely on admins to ban abusive players! Nope, site admins only ban the ones who do pretty much nothing and STILL get banned. Minecraft: Admins ban people in a server at an average of 10 people an hour. ROBLOX: Can post certain links. Minecraft: Can post any links, but unable to copy from the chat bar. ROBLOX: You can say anything you like on the forums. Not ANYTHING, because it needs to be on topic to the particular sub-forum, and can't have language that breaks the roblox rules. Minecraft: You can only say certain things in the forums.. -_- That is pretty bad though. I think I've proved my point. Seriously guys! Plain and simply, ROBLOX is all-around much better than Minecraft, having much better features, improved settings, and superior graphics (with the help of decals hehehehe). Here's some other stuff I would like to add. This is a CRUCIAL part in gameplay. You don't pay, you can't pay. That's how Minecraft works. ROBLOX is a different story: you can play online for free if you'd like! Minecraft is very terrible to players of a young age. Survival mode can be scary experiences for them (this is no joke, I once got a nightmare of a zombie horde coming to my house and knocking down the door when I was 9). ROBLOX is more well-known than Minecraft. Yes, "CAN". Yet, you see little kids playing M-rated games, don't you? Here's why: I made a survey of the two games and tried to see who liked which game better. The winning game is ROBLOX. Despite hackers, noobs, guests, and OD'ers, you can ACTUALLY enjoy the game without any lag! Good. The graphics on ROBLOX are also way better than Minecraft. You're probably thinking that the graphics are just about the same, but ROBLOX's graphics can be tweaked with the decals and that amazing graphic setting. The graphics slow down the gameplay. Minecraft's is balanced. You may still think that ROBLOX is originally bad with graphics but, to be honest, Minecraft runs about 1.5 frames per second. ROBLOX's animations are very smooth. Minecraft's walk animations look really laggy. It's rather reversed for me. Now you're probably thinking that ROBLOX doesn't have scripting and not much stuff to do. Well, ROBLOX runs from C++. Minecraft runs from java. You can easily experience great gameplay without the fear of terrible lag! I ALWAYS thought a big thing about it was the scripting. Sadly it is true that ROBLOX copies Minecraft. They made a terrain generator just like Minecraft's. But, it's SO much better and more smooth (in my opinion). More or less. Some people may say that you don't have to pay for Minecraft. But the question is, why wouldn't you pay for Minecraft? You don't pay, you can't play (as mentioned before). Simple as that. You can go on ROBLOX for FREE! You already mentioned this. Well, that's pretty much it. Please state something in the comments if you think I've made a mistake or something. Please, no rude or negative comments! Treat my opinion with great respect as I would to yours. Also, if this thread gets enough views, I might make a ROBLOX stinks, to be honest part 2, or a Minecraft stinks, to be honest part 2! Why can't you do that right away?
Oshawottsalt
#91871240Friday, March 15, 2013 11:01 PM GMT

[ Content Deleted ]
JadeFIames
#91872824Friday, March 15, 2013 11:18 PM GMT

@Osha, LOL! THAT GAME IS EPIC!
ford08105
#91872860Friday, March 15, 2013 11:19 PM GMT

dytryrt
jillydawn
#102620067Monday, June 24, 2013 7:16 PM GMT

"ROBLOX: They care about what we say! MInecraft: They just care about money..." that is obviously the other way around. all roblox cares about is your money they care about nothing else. minecraft's creator Markus "Notch" Persson gave away 3 million dollars to each mojang employee. he even coded a game to fund a childrens hospital. "ROBLOX: Great texture pack design and graphics setting! Minecraft: Bad texture pack design and no graphics setting." first of all dont judge a game by its graphics, second all roblox's textures are either a rip off of minecraft's or one solid color. "ROBLOX: No mods. So what? You don't need mods to enjoy a game. Minecraft: Mods. Who cares?" uh scrips are basicly mods i dare you to make a fun place with 0 scrips. "ROBLOX: You can say anything you like on the forums. Minecraft: You can only say certain things in the forums.. -_-" i think its the other way around, in minecraft you can say ANYTHING, in roblox, you get banned for saying crap. how do you like them apples? oh, and before you write a post about a game you think you hate, play it FIRST.
Froast
#104303756Saturday, July 06, 2013 2:32 PM GMT

ROBLOX: They care about what we say! MInecraft: They just care about money... >MY GOD I RAGED AT THIS PART. ARE YOU SERIOUSLY KIDDING ME. Minecraft cares about customer satisfaction, they actually read their emails and have websites to report bugs, which they actually see and fix. ROBLOX tries to lure little 7 year olds in with their "free to play" and then force BC upon them or they'll feel left out. If anything, this argument is COMPLETELY OPPOSITE. ROBLOX: Can rely on admins to ban abusive players! Minecraft: Admins ban people in a server at an average of 10 people an hour. >NO, JUST NO. ROBLOX DOESN'T EVEN CARE. They use bots to ban players, if a human looks at a report it's probably just for a second. Even BAN APPEALS are handled by bots, send whatever you want. I have a friend who got banned unfairly and couldn't get anything through after writing a bunch of paragraphs about why he should be unbanned, a bot replies the EXACT SAME THING THEY ALWAYS SAY with fabricated names. Also, you can't have this argument on Minecraft because servers are not handled by the companies themselves, they are created by users and admins are chosen by those users. Admin abuse would vary from server to server. ROBLOX: You can say anything you like on the forums. Minecraft: You can only say certain things in the forums.. -_- >Opposite again. Let me just say a thing about ROBLOX... CENSORED CENSORED CENSORED CENSORED CENSORED A while back, you weren't even allowed to say "minecraft" on a ROBLOX forum post. GOODBYE
Loeogannst
#104306638Saturday, July 06, 2013 3:09 PM GMT

@ Fr You and your big boi language You're bad at trolling, -1/10
shan780
#104306979Saturday, July 06, 2013 3:12 PM GMT

Minecraft only has those players because of youtube.
AquaRaider1
#104310580Saturday, July 06, 2013 3:50 PM GMT

"Minecraft says you can build unlimited things and use your imagination. But that was a waste of time. The more things you build, the more laggier it gets! You'd be lucky to last a whole minute in any building server without any lag." This is completely false. I have had far more issues with lag on Roblox than I ever have had on Minecraft. "With ROBLOX, the speed is usually fair, and it's all the same. With an empty baseplate, you get the same speed as you would with a baseplate filled with random buildings. Lag is such a terrible thing. Thank the creators ROBLOX doesn't have it as much." Superflat maps on Minecraft are virtually lag free. "Lets go to another category: the graphics. Above all, they are completely HORRID. Sure, there's mods for that, but why waste your time with mods when in ROBLOX you can just use decals? Decals are very easy to create while mods are time-consuming." Face it. Minecraft graphics look the way they do on purpose. Decals on Roblox have a fixed resolution, often times making them look hideous. "ROBLOX: Smooth and easy controls. Can be played on almost any console or handheld device available. Minecraft: Difficult and choppy controls on handheld devices." Roblox is not on any console at the moment. "ROBLOX: Great texture pack design and graphics setting! Minecraft: Bad texture pack design and no graphics setting." If anything, Minecraft has MORE graphics settings than Roblox. "ROBLOX: Millions and millions of items you can use to customize your avatar! Minecraft: Same as ROBLOX, but with lesser features." Minecraft takes it here too. There's no need to "buy" items with virtual currency. Your creativity is the only limit when making Minecraft skins. "ROBLOX: They care about what we say! MInecraft: They just care about money..." I think you have this backwards... "ROBLOX: Can rely on admins to ban abusive players! Minecraft: Admins ban people in a server at an average of 10 people an hour." What servers have you been playing anyways? I hardly ever see bans on the servers that I frequent. "ROBLOX: Can post certain links. Minecraft: Can post any links, but unable to copy from the chat bar." You can't copy links from the Roblox chat either. "ROBLOX: You can say anything you like on the forums. Minecraft: You can only say certain things in the forums.. -_-" Which forums are you talking about. If anything, you got this backwards as well. "Minecraft is very terrible to players of a young age. Survival mode can be scary experiences for them (this is no joke, I once got a nightmare of a zombie horde coming to my house and knocking down the door when I was 9). ROBLOX is more well-known than Minecraft." And pools of blood on the front of the games page aren't scary to young kids? "Here's why: I made a survey of the two games and tried to see who liked which game better. The winning game is ROBLOX. Despite hackers, noobs, guests, and OD'ers, you can ACTUALLY enjoy the game without any lag!" Sounds like you've never even tried adjusting MC graphics. "Sadly it is true that ROBLOX copies Minecraft. They made a terrain generator just like Minecraft's. But, it's SO much better and more smooth (in my opinion)." Please tell me that last part was a joke. "Some people may say that you don't have to pay for Minecraft. But the question is, why wouldn't you pay for Minecraft? You don't pay, you can't play (as mentioned before). Simple as that. You can go on ROBLOX for FREE!" With the constant pressure to buy, buy, buy. I prefer the "pay once, own it forever" model. Your arguments all point to the fact that either you have a horrible PC, or you just have never bothered to adjust MC's graphics.
PokeShadow77
#104326347Saturday, July 06, 2013 6:19 PM GMT

Minecraft can be a great and enjoyable game. But, at some times, it can fail so bad. Having to punch tree trunks in first person with only your fists should be enough to deter most people from playing this thing. You don't have to play in first person. And if you don't get wood, how else would you survive? The whole time Minecraft existed, there were trolls. They did sorts of crazy unimaginable things, such as cover the outside of your buildings completely in lava, or set a trap door nearby your chest. Maybe even spawn some diamond ore with a creeper nearby... True, but think of Roblox to. Minecraft says you can build unlimited things and use your imagination. But that was a waste of time. The more things you build, the more laggier it gets! You'd be lucky to last a whole minute in any building server without any lag. It just based on how your good your computer is. HOWEVER, Roblox is less laggier than Minecraft. Lets go to another category: the graphics. Above all, they are completely HORRID. Sure, there's mods for that, but why waste your time with mods when in ROBLOX you can just use decals? Decals are very easy to create while mods are time-consuming. Minecraft was MEANT to be a block game. A pure block game. Don't judge a game by it's graphics. ROBLOX: Overpriced sales for B.C, T.B.C, and O.B.C. Minecraft: Only $20 and you can play the game FOREVER. In some cases, Minecraft is also free to download. Yep. ROBLOX: They were advertising since 2007 or something and they only got a few million players. Minecraft: This game started in 2009 with NO advertising, and they have more players than ROBLOX. Minecraft wins for that one. ROBLOX: Admins abuse their 'admin powers' and ban anybody they do not now. Minecraft: Admins actually BAN those who troll, hack, grief, etc. True. ROBLOX: Smooth and easy controls. Can be played on almost any console or handheld device available. Minecraft: Difficult and choppy controls on handheld devices. People's opinion. ROBLOX: Great texture pack design and graphics setting! Minecraft: Bad texture pack design and no graphics setting. ... ROBLOX: No mods. So what? You don't need mods to enjoy a game. Minecraft: Mods. Who cares? Mods makes life better, deal with it. ROBLOX: Millions and millions of items you can use to customize your avatar! Minecraft: Same as ROBLOX, but with lesser features. Roblox customizing features cost money. Minecraft's is practically free. You can even choose in Minecraft if you're a lazy bum bum, or if you're creative, you can make your own outfit. But sure, Roblox does have more features than Minecraft on that. ROBLOX: They care about what we say! MInecraft: They just care about money... I actually LOL'ed on that one. Pretty much Both of them care about money. ROBLOX: Can rely on admins to ban abusive players! Minecraft: Admins ban people in a server at an average of 10 people an hour. LOLNO. I don't know about the Minecraft one, yes ROBLOX ban abusive players. But not always. If you mean ingame admins, they are abusive. If you mean ROBLOX admins, back in the past, they banned people for no reason. ROBLOX: Can post certain links. Minecraft: Can post any links, but unable to copy from the chat bar. You can click on a link and use copy clipboard... ROBLOX: You can say anything you like on the forums. Minecraft: You can only say certain things in the forums.. -_- This one is actually both anything you like. I think I've proved my point. Seriously guys! Plain and simply, ROBLOX is all-around much better than Minecraft, having much better features, improved settings, and superior graphics (with the help of decals hehehehe). Decals aren't so bad. Here's some other stuff I would like to add. This is a CRUCIAL part in gameplay. You don't pay, you can't pay. That's how Minecraft works. ROBLOX is a different story: you can play online for free if you'd like! Why do you think Minecraft costs money. (It's a game that deserves money) Minecraft is very terrible to players of a young age. Survival mode can be scary experiences for them (this is no joke, I once got a nightmare of a zombie horde coming to my house and knocking down the door when I was 9). ROBLOX is more well-known than Minecraft. At least it teaches how to survive. And most kids at that age aren't going to be THAT scared. Here's why: I made a survey of the two games and tried to see who liked which game better. The winning game is ROBLOX. Despite hackers, noobs, guests, and OD'ers, you can ACTUALLY enjoy the game without any lag! That's it. The only good thing about Roblox is that it doesn't lag. Noobs, Guests, ODers, FNEFIEF)#J)W! You may still think that ROBLOX is originally bad with graphics but, to be honest, Minecraft runs about 1.5 frames per second. ROBLOX's animations are very smooth. Minecraft's walk animations look really laggy. Sometimes. Now you're probably thinking that ROBLOX doesn't have scripting and not much stuff to do. Well, ROBLOX runs from C++. Minecraft runs from java. You can easily experience great gameplay without the fear of terrible lag! Here's something good about Roblox number two. You can script. Sadly it is true that ROBLOX copies Minecraft. They made a terrain generator just like Minecraft's. But, it's SO much better and more smooth (in my opinion). ... Some people may say that you don't have to pay for Minecraft. But the question is, why wouldn't you pay for Minecraft? You don't pay, you can't play (as mentioned before). Simple as that. You can go on ROBLOX for FREE! Why do you think ROBLOX is free. Overall, I disagree with you. There are some points where I agree, but most points I disagree. I don't think Roblox is a bad game, but I think that Minecraft is better. But the reason why I am more commonly on ROBLOX because it doesn't lag and you don't need to download any mods. Mods in Minecraft are great, but the process into downloading it confuses me. I still think that Minecraft is a better game though. The only reason why I don't actualy love Roblox, I will tell you three words. God Damn Bronies. ~ Do you want to see the Rabbits David? ~
coolmanownz
#104326890Saturday, July 06, 2013 6:24 PM GMT

>bad graphics lrn2 better pc lrn2 GLSL shaders lrn2 Sonic Ether's unbelievable shaders lrn2 necrowizzard's water shader lrn2 256^2 texture packs
4luckykidisbanned
#104327142Saturday, July 06, 2013 6:26 PM GMT

Ilrn2 quit. "like water without the oxygen then it's just hydrogen and boring" -clubspongey
xXxpwnsmaster1337xXx
#110551510Wednesday, August 21, 2013 1:53 PM GMT

nope roblox sucks
crome60
#110551956Wednesday, August 21, 2013 2:00 PM GMT

support @OP
ford08105
#110552016Wednesday, August 21, 2013 2:01 PM GMT

@pwn why did you bump this you prick
fdfxd
#110553228Wednesday, August 21, 2013 2:19 PM GMT

Graphics use Global illumination... Mine craft doesnt have bad graphics. IDK any game that runs on java.... You could have said that then it would spare you the rest of the thread
hidude398
#113053155Sunday, September 15, 2013 4:43 AM GMT

Minecraft rules. In roblox, you must pay 20-30 dollars a month to have any fun. Minecraft is 20 dollars forever. Also, minecraft is a beautiful #####. Roblox is a money eating monster. Also, ###### offices are the 2nd best place to work, following apple. You can say all you want, I've already proved my point.
GSides
#113055664Sunday, September 15, 2013 5:19 AM GMT

Mine craft graphics aren't horrid. You can use a texture pack of your choice created by the community and they are so simple to install.
algebraicAT33
#113056978Sunday, September 15, 2013 5:39 AM GMT

"ROBLOX: They care about what we say! MInecraft: They just care about money..." lol thats really all there is to say on the matter
Skryptonyte
#113066005Sunday, September 15, 2013 9:27 AM GMT

Minecraft is awesome.Roblox is dumb. Don't waste your life on stupid roblox
Rws4Life
#113066552Sunday, September 15, 2013 9:51 AM GMT

You were scared by Minecraft at nine? I was not scared by Doom as I was your age. It's about different people's personalities, you can't assume that everyone gets scared by such games. My mother, for example, gets scared quite a lot whenever we watch a horror movie, but me and dad don't. Most of the arguments are invalid. Buy a better PC.
ExoSaeptus
#113066658Sunday, September 15, 2013 9:56 AM GMT

>ROBLOX: They care about what we say! the hell they do >MInecraft: They just care about money... agreed, but so does roblox
xXxpwnsmaster1337xXx
#113473449Friday, September 20, 2013 8:25 PM GMT

@jayjay "Minecraft runs at 1.5 frames per second" Minecraft MULTIPLAYER runs at about 27 fps for me, and I play it on a Windows XP laptop that can't even handle most games on ROBLOX. Get a better PC.
superrobloxkid147
#113586223Saturday, September 21, 2013 7:27 PM GMT

Everybody has their own opinion, but this article is just going way too far. You don't have to insult Minecraft just because they have more players. Java is a very powerful language, and Lua is less commonly used. Roblox does not run on Cpp, and You can easily download a Resource pack and get realistic pictures in seconds, without having to use a tool to manually apply decals to every single side of every single brick in your world. In my opinion, I think Minecraft is better because the community is sadly, way better than Roblox. On Roblox, there are way more Trollers and Griefers than on Minecraft. And Roblox does not copy Minecraft because it was released way earlier than Minecraft. You have to look on both sides of the argument before you start insulting a game. I know from experience that Java is harder to script than Lua anyways, and those people at Mojang are actually able to make a more than decent game with a way more advanced language. Roblox is good, but the coding is so simple you just CAN'T do the things on Roblox that you can do on Minecraft. It's the truth. Java has way more possibilities than Lua. I'm sure more than half the Roblox players would agree. And if you want to hate on this post, then I bet you haven't even player Minecraft. You can even watch a video on it. Then, you'll see the possibilities of Minecraft and what you can do with Java.